Topic: [solved] Odd Problem on Xbox One after using PS4

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

[solved] Odd Problem on Xbox One after using PS4

I have an Xbox One and PS4 Pro and after some initial setup troubles, the Drivehub has been working flawlessly with my CSR wheel in Forza Horizon 2 since I received it. I switched over for some PS4 gaming in Dirt 4 and played that for a while but when I switched back, now something is totally different on the Xbox One. It's also like the car is on ice and it feels like controller emulation. I updated the firmware for the Drivehub and I think it's in Fanalogic mode (I held back and start and the green light lit up.) The Drivehub displays 0 after saying C S r. The wheel used to have a lower case n on it while playing but now it just says S on the screen and then goes blank. It still works flawlessly in Dirt 4 (and the Gran Turismo demo) when I switch back to PS4 and the Forza 7 demo doesn't feel 100% right but I only played Forza Horizon 2 extensively before this issue happened. Any suggestions? I changed no settings in Forza Horizon 2 and I'm bummed.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Odd Problem on Xbox One after using PS4

In the latest f/w the n is gone, by request.
    the rim will flash FFF or LLL for fanatec or fanalogic respectively...
    there is nothing that will flash S...

some times if you have used the xb1 controller on the xb1 the console remembers it as a controller by its serial number and the emulation is effected... try doing a reset the cache on the xb1 console, hold the power button for 10 seconds and it will reboot... then hook of the DriveHub and test...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: Odd Problem on Xbox One after using PS4

Sorry it took me so long to test, I game in cycles and was stuck on Dirt 4 (which still works quite lovely thank you.) I thought restarting the Xbox One from the menu (choosing restart) cleared the cache but holding the power button down like you said seems to have done the trick. I'm back to precise control over the cars in Forza Horizon 2. It was so strange, but I play in cockpit view and the wheel wasn't even turning in the animations before that, and I swore it used to and now it's turning again after the reboot. Also, the wheel rim was flashing L not S, so you were right about that. Thanks again.

Can you edit the topic title to include Solved?
    Last edited by NoThru22; 4 Days Ago at 11:07.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: [solved] Odd Problem on Xbox One after using PS4

Drive Hub works fine on PS4 using CSW V 2.0, BMW Rim, and V3 Pedals. I played Gran Turismo sport for a few hours. Came back to XBOX One for Project Cars 2 and I followed the steps to plug everything in and my controller will not turn on when I plug everything in the order listed on the youtube video. I've tried hard reset on XBOX One and still not working. I know the Drivehub works on XBOX One because I played yesterday (10/16). Any help is appreciated.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Controller will not turn on? Which controller? I switch this way quite often, all I do is disconnect the DriveHub from the PS4, unplug my DS4 controller, plug in an XBox One Controller and plug the DriveHub into the XBox One.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

So I just figured this out. I was using the BMW rim on a CSW V 2.0 for Xbox One. I had the hub in the LLL setting and my xbox one controller would not turn on. When I switched the hub to FFF the controller kicked right on and I was able to use the BMW rim with the CSW V2.0 on the Xbox One.

- - - Updated - - -

I just held the two black buttons on the bottom of the BMW Rim down and it switched to the FFF setting. So not sure if that may help others who are in the same boat as me.