Topic: Microsoft Wireless Wheel on PC

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Microsoft Wireless Wheel on PC

I know that Drivehub is supposed to get the Microsoft Wireless Wheel to work on the PS4 and PC. Does that mean it would work fully with Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7 with Windows 10?

I do own the wireless receiver which is needed to use the wheel on PC.

I have not decided yet whether to buy it. But if I do I will do a review since nobody with the Microsoft wheel has done one yet.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Microsoft Wireless Wheel on PC

Hi Wireless
    The DriveHub is used to get the wheel to work on PS4 and Xbox1. The newer PC support we announced using modern wheels on old games by emulating a G27 or T500..

I assume you are talking about using the 360 wireless wheel on windows 10 using the XBOX app. For now this isn't a supported scenario.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Yes, the Microsoft 360 wireless wheel. So then the Drivehub does not do anything for that wheel and PC games. Unfortunately this wheel is not well supported in lots of PC games (like the Forzas). It is supposed to be supported in PC version of Grid Autosport luckily since I have that game. Anyway, I am still trying to decide between getting Drivehub or just getting a Thrustmaster T150. The T150 looks like it has much better PC support compared to the MS wireless wheel.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

You didn't really clarify where you are intending to play these games.. I have Grid 2 on Steam and you have Grid Autosport which is also on Steam. In this case the Drivehub will let you play with the 360 wheel...

NOW... Forza it not available on Steam, you can play it on Windows 10 through the Xbox app. To the best of my knowledge Wheels are not supported by the Windows 10 Xbox App. So if you want to play Forza with a wheel you need a console.....

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

OK then, here is the more clarified question:
    PC racing games I already have, would they work with drivehub and FFB? My understanding is that, without Drivehub, they would either not work at all or only give rumble effects.
    Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, Original Grid, GTR Evolution, NFS Shift, Race07, Sega Rally Revo.

PC support is not good for the MS Wireless wheel, and it is also hard to find out on a game by game basis whether they would work without trying it out.

I will do some more research on the Forza games and wheel support.

EDIT: found some info on Forza 7 wheel support, it says the Logitech G27 is supported, so it looks like the MS Wireless wheel would work with Drivehub.
    https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_gamescom
    Last edited by wireless; 26th October 17 at 14:39. Reason: Forza info

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

That's an interesting link. I don't have F7 on my PC but i do have a digital copy of FH3 and its Dual and plays on PC. I used my TMX in PC/PC3 mode and it had full control of FH3 with FFB. I realize the wheel is supported natively it the F7 list is anything to go by. My PC isn't really put together for Gaming so the play was rubbish.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Finally I managed to make it work!
    Once the wheel is detected as "G27 Racing Wheel" in Windows, you must install the logitech G27 driver here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/pr...heel/downloads
    Once installed, you can launch your favorite Forza, nothing to configure, it works as expected!

It would be a good thing to specify in the documentation.

Check out my DriveHub review :

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frakatchoo For This Useful Post: