Topic: Gt sport Problem - G27

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Gt sport Problem - G27

I have a couple of problems with mine configuration.
    First of all, the steering wheel is too sensitive. Let me explain better, as soon as I move the steering wheel some degree, the steering wheel of the car comes almost to the limit switch.
    So it is very difficult to drive precisely.
    Another problem is that by pressing the buttons on the right of the steering wheel (respectively the center key and the lower key) to adjust the various parameters such as tcs, brake balance and everything else, you can not be precise, but set or the maximum value or minimum value.
    I hope I explained. Can you tell me if you have these problems too? And how to solve that?
    Thanks in advance

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Re: Gt sport Problem - G27

Follow the steps in this vid to adjust the steering sensitivity

We have another thread for the button sensitiveness.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pipolino For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

One thing I am not sure about is if this process only has to be done once and for all or if it is required on every power cycle... does anybody know ?

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

This Process has to be performed on each power up of the wheel.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clark For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

what can i do when i dont have the shifter but want to adjust the sensitivity ?

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 007hiho007 View Post
    what can i do when i dont have the shifter but want to adjust the sensitivity ?
    Try this out. It won't be able to give you the full range of motion in-game, but atleast it should minimize the problem while a better solution can be found.

You can change the 42 in the script to whatever you like. A setting of "100" will be what you have now. Changing it to "0" will turn off your steering.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Picklock For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Just to share my experience around this problem for which i have not found the exact process.

When i wake up the PS4 with the cronus max plugged in, the wheel boots, then i launch GT Sport, the wheel is correctly calibrated (ratio screen vs G27).
    If i unplug the cronus max then plug it again, or plug the cronus max while the game is running then the calibration of the wheel is incorrect and i need to use the shifter calibration combo.
    Seems to me also that when you plug the wheel at PS4 main menu (out of the game) the calibration occurs correctly.

At the point i am, i avoid to plug-unplug the wheel while in GT Sport and it seems to work quite correctly.
    Hope it helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clark For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Picklock, is it possible that the calibration being done by the game is changing a setting on the wheel that only lasts until the next power cycle? That would explain power cycling while the game is not running being a true "reset" while power cycling while the game *is* running wouldn't work...?

If this is a possibility, is there a way to detect the offending USB traffic from the console to the wheel? The only thing I can think of would be to plug a laptop into the USB hub and run *usbspy* in Linux while power cycling the wheel with and without the game running. (I might have the name wrong; it might not be *usbspy*, but I know there's a sniffing tool for USB traffic that can dump raw URBs or interpreted URBs, sort of like what tcpdump/libpcap do for network cards.)

My G27 is working fine in the only two games I have (Project Cars II and DriveClub), but I want to get GTSport and Dirt and/or Dirt Rally, so this issue will affect me. I'd be happy to help with testing or diagnostics. I have a little hardware experience, but I was a programmer by trade and did device driver development on an embedded system, so I know a little about the hw/sw connection. Just enough to be dangerous.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi! This is my first post in this forum. I use my Cronusmax plus for playing G27 on my PS4 for titles such as GT Sport and Project Cars 2. I use it as a PS4 wheel settings and not used with the GPC and other scripting techniques. Please help me how to load these downloadable and other users scripted GPC`s to device settings.

Kindly excuse me if I post this in a wrong thread.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picklock View Post
    Try this out. It won't be able to give you the full range of motion in-game, but atleast it should minimize the problem while a better solution can be found.

You can change the 42 in the script to whatever you like. A setting of "100" will be what you have now. Changing it to "0" will turn off your steering.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I use my Logitech G27 with my PS4 using the CM+. I have had no need to make any changes to the configuration of the CM+ and you shouldn't need to either.

I have thought about changing button assignments, but so far Project Cars will let me make those changes within the game and I haven't needed to make the change using a script on the CM+.

I hope that helps.