Topic: cronusPRO not working please help

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

cronusPRO not working please help

hi I just recently received my cronusmax plus and was really looking forward to enjoying it but so far its been a nightmare I have downloaded the cronusPRO software and it will not open at all doesn't even bring up an error just doesn't open tried opening as admin aswell also used the scrubber to
    delete it and re-install multiple times but still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: cronusPRO not working please help

A common reason for this is antivirus/firewall software going rogue and blocking the software without notifying you.

Beyond that, there might be something in the windows Event Logs

What version of windows are you using?

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

windows 8

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I am having this same issue. CronusPro won't load anything but still shows up under my processes. I've never had issues with it before but I just tried to load it a few days ago to mess around with some scripts. Sometimes it takes up to 2-3 mins before it finally loads while other times it doesn't load at all without any errors. This is the only program I have loading issues with on my PC with Windows 7.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

I'll see if i can post some instructions on how to find possible issues using the event log during the day...

These logs probably won't make much sense to you guys, but... it'll help me understand the underlying problem (hopefully)

It'd be great if you could tell me what antivirus you're using, and if you haven't already - try running the software with your antivirus turned off

It would also be useful to know which version of Cronus PRO you're using, if you're using 1.20 - Try 1.21 Beta

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I was trying to use the cronuspro 1.20 I tried the 1.21 beta and it say that the beta build is now more than a month old yeah maybe the logs might show something

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coreywright View Post
    I was trying to use the cronuspro 1.20 I tried the 1.21 beta and it say that the beta build is now more than a month old yeah maybe the logs might show something
    That message is fine, if you click Ok it should continue running, if it still doesn't show anything, the logs will probably help me better understand where things go wrong

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Doesn't go further than that want me to PM you my IP?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Doesn't go further than that want me to PM you my IP?
    Your IP won't help, however, possibly running TeamViewer and sending me your ID + Password in a PM so i can connect to your computer and look at the logs etc. and see what's up, however, i have a very limited time to be able to do that, so unless you're around for the next hour or so, i can't help you today with that...

I've attached a file that contains a custom view for the Event Log that displays only .NET Errors, which is what we're looking for, you can download it and change the extension from .txt to .xml and import it, then you can use the view and look for anything related to "Cronus.exe", from there, if you find anything, copy 'n' paste all information there is there and paste here for me to look at. I've also attached a screenshot that shows how it looks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

nope I don't see anything that says cronus.exe

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I downloaded teamviewer so maybe tomorrow if you get a minute and want to take a look

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Event viewer not working on my computer think it could be something to do with my computer if you get any time we could go on team viewer and you could take the file and see what you can see

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Event viewer not working on my computer think it could be something to do with my computer if you get any time we could go on team viewer and you could take the file and see what you can see
    I'm about to go sleep, so not tonight, possibly tomorrow after work, which would be now -3 hours give or take a little

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

yeah if your not to tired after work send a message when your ready

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

good day my same thing bought cronusmax more when I was trying to use not get the program cronuspro not open nothing happens help me who can

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Still having this issue, any ideas? Haven't been able to launch 1.20 or beta in a week now with both AV/Firewall off. Using Windows 7 and running both of them as Admin didn't help.

Thanks

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StriderX303 View Post
    Still having this issue, any ideas? Haven't been able to launch 1.20 or beta in a week now with both AV/Firewall off. Using Windows 7 and running both of them as Admin didn't help.

Thanks
    Is there anything in the EventLog related to Cronus.exe or CronusBeta.exe?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Speak there, my friend, where I find it as I see it, can help me
    Last edited by marcelokeller; 29 Minutes Ago at 16:31.