Results 1 to 11 of 11

Topic: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

  1. #1
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Exclamation How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Hello,

    I recently upgraded to a PS4 and I am using two Logitech G27 race wheels for both one-player and two-player racing. I purchased two CronusMaxPlus's and both work great individually, however I am not able to get both of them to work simultaneously on my PS4 for two-player racing. Current games are Gran Turismo Sport and Nascar Heat 2. The PS4 recognizes controller 1, but seems to not be recognizing the 2nd "controller 2". The PS4 asks "who is using this controller?" (for controller 2), and only controller one is able to work.

    Is it even possible to use two separate CronusMaxPlus's for two G27 steering wheels for two-player racing? I am on FW 1.24, with PS4 racing wheel edition. This is super key to my son's Christmas gift. I would appreciate any help and assistance. Thank you very much!

    Matt

  2. #2
    Forum Staff

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattparker848 View Post
    Hello,

    I recently upgraded to a PS4 and I am using two Logitech G27 race wheels for both one-player and two-player racing. I purchased two CronusMaxPlus's and both work great individually, however I am not able to get both of them to work simultaneously on my PS4 for two-player racing. Current games are Gran Turismo Sport and Nascar Heat 2. The PS4 recognizes controller 1, but seems to not be recognizing the 2nd "controller 2". The PS4 asks "who is using this controller?" (for controller 2), and only controller one is able to work.

    Is it even possible to use two separate CronusMaxPlus's for two G27 steering wheels for two-player racing? I am on FW 1.24, with PS4 racing wheel edition. This is super key to my son's Christmas gift. I would appreciate any help and assistance. Thank you very much!

    Matt
    You're using 2 usb hubs and 2 DS4 authentication controllers correct?

  3. #3
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Picklock View Post
    You're using 2 usb hubs and 2 DS4 authentication controllers correct?
    Hello,

    That is correct. For PS4 controller 1, there is a dedicated USB hub and Cronusmaxplus. For PS4 controller 2, there is a dedicated USB hub and Cronusmaxplus. Looking forward to your thoughts / ideas thank you!

    Matt

  4. #4
    Forum Staff

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattparker848 View Post
    Hello,

    That is correct. For PS4 controller 1, there is a dedicated USB hub and Cronusmaxplus. For PS4 controller 2, there is a dedicated USB hub and Cronusmaxplus. Looking forward to your thoughts / ideas thank you!

    Matt
    I'm wondering if these games support multiple wheels in split screen.

  5. #5
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    I would think yes, would be nice if someone could verify. Do we know if two cronusmaxplus' can be used simultaneously on a PS4, whether interfacing with steering wheels or other devices? Thank you

  6. #6
    Forum Staff

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattparker848 View Post
    I would think yes, would be nice if someone could verify. Do we know if two cronusmaxplus' can be used simultaneously on a PS4, whether interfacing with steering wheels or other devices? Thank you
    I'm almost certain you are able to use mutliple CronusMax devices at once. I suggest you use your 2nd Cronus in standard mode to test if the game allows a Wheel+DS4 to race together simultaneously, then you will have eliminated if it is limitation with the game or not.

    As far as I can see, no one has confirmed if this works on not. I have seen that a DS4 in gt sport will label the controller as player 1 or player 2, but when using a wheel there is no distinction, so possibly you are only able to use 1 wheel at a time :/
    https://www.google.com/search?q=gt+s...hrome&ie=UTF-8

  7. #7
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Hello, I tested one CronusMaxPlus in PS4 wheel edition mode and the other CronusMaxPlus in DS4 mode, and it would not work. The PS4 dongle displayed the normal racetrack "0" while the DS4 dongle displayed an E. Both G27s were not recognized. Let me know if you have any other suggestions on what to try next...thank you again.

  8. #8
    Forum Staff

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattparker848 View Post
    Hello, I tested one CronusMaxPlus in PS4 wheel edition mode and the other CronusMaxPlus in DS4 mode, and it would not work. The PS4 dongle displayed the normal racetrack "0" while the DS4 dongle displayed an E. Both G27s were not recognized. Let me know if you have any other suggestions on what to try next...thank you again.
    E error code means the controller is not supported. Standard mode doesn't support G27 without the X-Aim plugin.

    I have found confirmation that 2 CronusMax work at the same time. The issue is likely with the game.
    http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...l=1#post985570

  9. #9
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    I found a way to make this work with GT Sport! The two CMPlus' worked fine before a game would launch but not once the games launched, so I tried starting the PS4 with only one CMPlus (player 1). I navigated to GT Sport, started the game, selected two player, and selected player 1's car. When it was time for player 2 to pick their car, I plugged in the 2nd CMPlus (player 2). This made the PS4 ask "who is using this controller?", to which I selected another profile. Magic - the game now recognized player 2 with the 2nd CMPlus, and I am able to confirm both G27s worked in two player mode!! Also, for player 1, I used USB hub ports 1 & 3 for the controller & G27, and for player 2, I used the USB hub ports 2 & 4 for the 2nd controller & 2nd G27. So for what I can see, passing two wheel identifications pre-game to the game is an issue when using 2 G27s, and this is a way to get around it. I will try this again this week with Nascar Heat 2. Thank you.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mattparker848 For This Useful Post:


  11. #10
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Update: I am not able to get Nascar Heat 2 to work with two CMPlus' in the above-described process. The PS4 does ask "who is the new controller?", and I am able to select a new user profile, however the input buttons on the 2nd G27 are not recognized. Is there any potential setting that I can set the 2nd CMPlus to so that the 2nd G27 is recognized as a standard PS4 controller? Thank you

  12. #11
    Forum Staff

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do I use two CronusMaxPlus's on PS4 for Two-player Racing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattparker848 View Post
    Update: I am not able to get Nascar Heat 2 to work with two CMPlus' in the above-described process. The PS4 does ask "who is the new controller?", and I am able to select a new user profile, however the input buttons on the 2nd G27 are not recognized. Is there any potential setting that I can set the 2nd CMPlus to so that the 2nd G27 is recognized as a standard PS4 controller? Thank you
    All in the manual http://cronusmax.com/manual/wired_co...ing_to_ps4.htm

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Picklock For This Useful Post:


Similar Topics

  1. Aggiornamento a cronusmaxPLUS
    By toobrutal in forum CronusMAX Supporto Italiano
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th August 16, 13:27
  2. XIM4 and CronusMaxPLUS
    By mila2k in forum XIM4 & CronusMAX PLUS Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th November 15, 11:35
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd October 14, 19:58
  4. [XBOX 360] Player 3 LED is lit to show the mod but Player 1 flashes at the same time. Help?
    By AoDStrangeTamer in forum Macro & Script Programming Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th July 14, 03:06

Tags for this Topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new topics
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •