Topic: (Solved) Selection cursor always going to the left - GT Sport Arcade Mode

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

(Solved) Selection cursor always going to the left - GT Sport Arcade Mode

I am using the following configuration :
    • PS4 Pro
    • GT Sports
    • G27
    • CronusMax+V3 1.24 WE
    • DS4 switched off and not paired
    • Amazon Basic USB hub
    • Second DS4 switched off
    • Picklock script in slot 1 for Brake and R4/L4

When i enter Arcade mode in GT Sport or somewhere in the process of setting up the race, the cursor starts moving on the left on itself until it reaches the side of the screen. ( i need to switch On the second DS4 and unplug the CronusMax).
    Everything works fine for Driving School, Missions and Circuits. I am starting the game so i did not do extensive testing in all areas.

EDIT:
    - Disabling any script (Slot 0) does not solve the issue.
    - After counter fighting for a while with left side on G27 Gear switcher Pad, the selection started going permanently in the right direction
    End EDIT

EDIT 2:
    After several hours of playing, my best guess is that G27 D-Pad emulation by CronuxMax Firmware is erratic.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it injects left side (majority), either it injects right side (sometimes only, not sure if it's after pushing a lot on it to counter left side).
    It can recover after a while but for a moment only.
    Another annoying thing is that, if you unplug the CronusMax and Plug it again, the wheel configuration is lost in GT Sport, meanning Wheel force and rotation ratio.
    End EDIT 2

It's quite strange that it occurs only in Arcade modes and i am quite sure that the problem comes from the CronusMax as unplugging it and using a real DS4 controller restores the correct behabiour.

Anyone else experiencing the same behaviour ?
    Any idea of something i can do ?
    Last edited by Clark; 10th December 17 at 03:19. Reason: Additionnal testing

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

[Solved] Erratic behaviour of G27 D-Pad in GT Sport Arcade Mode and Sub-menus

Erratic behaviour of G27 D-Pad seems to be solved.

I have unchecked "1ms Response" in Device Option Tab of CronusPro software and then restarted CronusMax.

Don't know why it was working at PS4 main menu and GT Sport main menu.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: [Solved] Erratic behaviour of G27 D-Pad in GT Sport Arcade Mode and Sub-menus

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Erratic behaviour of G27 D-Pad seems to be solved.

I have unchecked "1ms Response" in Device Option Tab of CronusPro software and then restarted CronusMax.

Don't know why it was working at PS4 main menu and GT Sport main menu.
    Good to know, thanks!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: (Solved) Selection cursor always going to the left - GT Sport Arcade Mode

Well, after continuing plating GT Sport, i am now clear on this topic.
    It's quite stupid to not having understood it early.

Turning the G27 Wheel has an effect on the menus selection inside GT Sport but not everywhere.
    That's why it has no effect on PS4 and GT Sport main menus but only on GT Sport sub-menus.
    I basically don't touch the wheel while navigating inside the game that's why i never checked that.

Depending on how the wheel stays when you navigate through menus it can perturbate the DS4 or Gear module usage.
    It is always near to the central position so it's hardly noticeable and might generate left or right cursor movements.
    Now, i center it manually when it happens.
    When activating "1ms response time", it seems just to be more sensitive.

The CronusMax does not know that you are going through menus so the sensitivity is always the same and GT Sport does not seem to manage any hysterisis around central position for menus selection.

Hoping it helps.
    Last edited by Clark; 17th December 17 at 06:17.