Topic: Logitech Force PRO/ will not AU

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Logitech Force PRO/ will not AU

Cannot get the cronus (v3) to AU when using it in wheel mode and my Logitech Force Pro. Nope, not the cable. Nope not the Usb hub. Nope not my port settings. I know all of these work fine because I also have a xim3 and it works great in "standard mode" but cannot get this to work in Wheel mode.

I have done all the steps several times. Powered the console ON using the power button. Disconnected and forgotten the ds4 and set it to usb only mode. Still nothing. If I disconnected the cronus and plug my wheel directly into the ps4, it will power up and go through the side to side wheel calibration. The ps4 does not recognize it however, but it does power up (it works fine on PC so I know the wheel is also good).

With the cronus and powering up as explained with the switch and NOT the controller, it does nothing but spin with the racetrack logo and the ps4 screen "sees" a controller connected and just loops. Ahh right...its not communicating with my controller is what you will tell me next and I should check my hub and/or usb cables...Read it again...it works fine in standard mode with my xim3.

Software version 1.20
    Firmware 1.24 WE

ANY help on what the heck is going on is much appreciated. I got a PSVR for xmas (doom which btw with vr and my mouse and keyboard is insane) and I really want to play gran tourismo!

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Logitech Force PRO/ will not AU

Most likely it's because it's not supported by the Wheel Edition firmware, it's not listed as a supported controller: http://cronusmax.com/manual/list_of_...ontrollers.htm

For full Wheel support, your best bet is to get a DriveHub instead

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the wheel on the right
    http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1042546

and it has been stated to work with 1.24
    http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1069794

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Actually I take that back? My wheel has the GT logo in the middle but looks like the wheel on the right. Searching says its a Driving Force GT PRO for ps2 but I did use it on my ps3 as well. Not sure if there is any difference. Well there must be because it doesnt work. Xaim I suppose is my next option or to map it through my XIM but force feedback does not work with this method.

I cannot justify spending another 100 bucks on the Drivehub when the wheel itself is barely worth that. For 100 bucks...I can just get a native PS4 wheel or be halfway there for a decent FF wheel.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzar1 View Post
    Actually I take that back? My wheel has the GT logo in the middle but looks like the wheel on the right. Searching says its a Driving Force GT PRO for ps2 but I did use it on my ps3 as well. Not sure if there is any difference. Well there must be because it doesnt work. Xaim I suppose is my next option or to map it through my XIM but force feedback does not work with this method.

I cannot justify spending another 100 bucks on the Drivehub when the wheel itself is barely worth that. For 100 bucks...I can just get a native PS4 wheel or be halfway there for a decent FF wheel.
    X-Aim doesn't support Force Feedback either, so it's probably going to work equally to using your XIM

PS4 Wheel Edition is very limited, it was primarily done as a POC before working on DriveHub, it works with only a handful of wheels mostly because they all share the same protocol for the communication (with minor variations)

With DriveHub there's ALOT more power under the hood, allowing it to handle much bigger variations in the communication protocols.