Topic: Fanatec GT2 wheel + CSl pedals usb connection

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Fanatec GT2 wheel + CSl pedals usb connection

I have recently bought the chronusmax plus usb and it works fantastic with my fanatec gt2 wheel , i am thinking to change the standard porsche look pedals with the csl pedals which they use usb connection, my question is do I need the drive hub to make it work all together or I can use another port of the normal usb hub that I use now to connect also the new pedals , highly appreciated your feedback

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec GT2 wheel + CSl pedals usb connection

That is a very good question.
    I basically have the same setup only that I have the Fanatec Porsche GT 2 Wheel and the CLUBSPORT Pedals V2.
    Those Pedals allow to be either connected via PS/2 straight to the Wheel, or via USB to a PC.
    I to have the same issue. Connecting only the wheel over the Cronusmax to the PS4 I can play Project Cars 2 since it's beeing recognised as the Logitech Wheel. Once I add the Pedals and go through the same connecting process however it doesn't work anymore. I also have a USB 2.0 hub I use to setup the Wheel.

Question: Is there any chance to make it happen, or must I switch to the Drivehub?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec GT2 wheel + CSl pedals usb connection

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix225 View Post
    I have recently bought the chronusmax plus usb and it works fantastic with my fanatec gt2 wheel , i am thinking to change the standard porsche look pedal with the csl pedals which they use usb connection, my question is do I need the drive hub to make it work all together or I can use another port of the normal usb hub that I use now to connect also the new pedals , highly appreciated your feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by boneless83 View Post
    That is a very good question.
    I basically have the same setup only that I have the Fanatec Porsche GT 2 Wheel and the CLUBSPORT Pedals V2.
    Those Pedals allow to be either connected via PS/2 straight to the Wheel, or via USB to a PC.
    I to have the same issue. Connecting only the wheel over the Cronusmax to the PS4 I can play Project Cars 2 since it's beeing recognised as the Logitech Wheel. Once I add the Pedals and go through the same connecting process however it doesn't work anymore. I also have a USB 2.0 hub I use to setup the Wheel.

Question: Is there any chance to make it happen, or must I switch to the Drivehub?

Found the solution to the Problem. I think I got it wrong with the Manual. After I changed the Settings in the Software to this.

http://cronusmax.com/forums/attachme...8&d=1509466483
    and this:
    http://cronusmax.com/forums/attachme...7&d=1509466473

Then I follwed the following Steps:

1. Turn on the PS4 with the Button on the Console (no Devices attached)
    2. After the Boot-Up Connect your Wheel (with Pedals Connected to the Wheel)
    3. Turn on your Wheel
    4. After initial Calibration (the wheel does it itself) turn it into PS3 Mode
    5. DO NOT TURN OF THE WHEEL, just disconnect the Wheel from the PS4
    6. Plug in the Cronusmax that you hopefully have set to PS4 Wheelmode on your Computer into the PS4
    7. Connect your Wheel to a USB Hub at Port 1 and your PS4 Controller to Port 4
    8. Plug the Hub into the Cronusmax
    9. The A/U Display should turn to 0
    10. Now you should be able to Login to your PS4 Profile with the Wheel and start of games.

Took me a while to figure that out, since all the other Manuals seem to be slightly similar, but not all of the take the Setup on the Computer into consideration.

I hope I could help.
    Last edited by boneless83; 5th January 18 at 13:01. Reason: wanted to add another quote

4. The Following User Says Thank You to boneless83 For This Useful Post: