Topic: G27 set up PS4

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

G27 set up PS4

I have done all as detailed to set up a G27 wheel/cronusmax/controller (all new wires, proper usb splitter, settings etc) to PS4 but it wont go past the AU stage, it wont change to the 0 what the hell is going on, if I plug wheel in direct into the Cronusmax it moves around so I know its not that, but when I restart the PS4 as per instructions the screen gets to the "whos using this controller" page and the Cronusmax settles on AU but it will not click over to the 0, Ive spent hours and a lot of money trying to get this so called easy to use product working! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if I cant get a answer from them I'll be returning it for a refund!, I should be able to contact the manufacture direct rather than having to put this question here !

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: G27 set up PS4

1. Cronus pro v1.20
    2. 1.24 firmware
    3. PS4 Controller (Original)
    4. PS4
    5. Wired (Micro USB Cable)
    6. Yes. The hub from the factory store: http://shop.cronusmax.com/cronusmax-usb-hub.html
    7.Logitech g27 wheel and set CM as wheel control

9. My g27 wheel will not work with the PS4. ( goes to AU on the CM LED but no further) but the wheel does not function on the PS4. replaced all cables with new and tried 2 controllers + both usb plug ins on PS4, if I plug in wheel direct to CM it seems to calibrate
    Last edited by Trevor; 31st December 17 at 04:04. Reason: clarify

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

anyone here had this problem??????? on verge of returning it as it just doesnt work

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    anyone here had this problem??????? on verge of returning it as it just doesnt work
    If you can't get the controller to authenticate then it is still possibly connected to the PS4 via bluetooth or try using an alternate port on your hub for the DS4.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Picklock View Post
    If you can't get the controller to authenticate then it is still possibly connected to the PS4 via bluetooth or try using an alternate port on your hub for the DS4.
    Thanks for the response, the Blue tooth was disconnected (did it many times, 2 controllers) and tried different ports, when I connect it goes to AU and game asks to log in a user (which I cant without a controller connected), I tried checking the controllers (3 controllers, ps3, ps4 and x box 1 type) on the computer and it also will not show up as connected in device manager, is this normal? (connected via computer plug and plugged in direct to CM as per instructions on site), also tried to use on Xbox with no luck, its a brand new CM, could it be faulty? Im really frustrated by this

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response, the Blue tooth was disconnected (did it many times, 2 controllers) and tried different ports, when I connect it goes to AU and game asks to log in a user (which I cant without a controller connected), I tried checking the controllers (3 controllers, ps3, ps4 and x box 1 type) on the computer and it also will not show up as connected in device manager, is this normal? (connected via computer plug and plugged in direct to CM as per instructions on site), also tried to use on Xbox with no luck, its a brand new CM, could it be faulty? Im really frustrated by this
    This is all the info that I know of that relates to your issue, sorry I can't be of more help. If anyone else has had this issue with the g27, would be nice to know how it was resolved. I'm personally dealing with an old worn usb socket on my DS4. I've ordered a replacement circuit board for the part #JDS-011, but am about ready to throw it away and buy a new one.

If the LED on the CronusMAX PLUS does not change from AU to a number then the DS4 authorization controller is not authenticating. 99% of the time this means either you didn't set the Output Protocol to AUTOMATIC in Step 1 of the instructions, or the Micro-USB cable to the DS4 controller is faulty or simply not compatible, you should try another one. Another issue that sometimes comes up is that the controller USB port has a loose data pin. It will charge fine, but won't transmit data.

If you find that the controller disconnects at random times, and you are sure everything is setup correctly and Inframe In is disabled in your Speed Up Settings, then the USB cable is obviousley losing its connection between the DS4 authorization controller and the CronusMAX. This can be caused by a poor quality USB cable, the USB socket on the DS4 itself is loose, or the USB hub you are using is poor quality. Check all connections and replace any parts if necessary.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Yea I saw that and have tried different controllers but not working, (protocol is set and using new wires) what about the device manager on the program, should a controller show up as connected if CM connected to the computer (via side computer plug) and the controller connected to the CM? (as per guide online) It doesn't on mine for any controller, thats why Im thinking the CM may be faulty

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Yea I saw that and have tried different controllers but not working, (protocol is set and using new wires) what about the device manager on the program, should a controller show up as connected if CM connected to the computer (via side computer plug) and the controller connected to the CM? (as per guide online) It doesn't on mine for any controller, thats why Im thinking the CM may be faulty
    There should definitely be data from device manager when plugging in a compatible controller into the input of the CM, ie DS4/ X1 controller. If you are seeing an 'E' on the CM, this means the controller isn't directly compatible with the CM and will need to run the controller through X-aim instead.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Angry Re: G27 set up PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Picklock View Post
    There should definitely be data from device manager when plugging in a compatible controller into the input of the CM, ie DS4/ X1 controller. If you are seeing an 'E' on the CM, this means the controller isn't directly compatible with the CM and will need to run the controller through X-aim instead.
    No there is no data for any controller I plug in (I've tried 3 types) and No E on the Cm, it can only be a faulty CM, I've really had enough mucking around with it and will send it back for refund, I can't understand why I can't contact the manufacturer direct with any problems, they must have no faith in their product if they can't answer any simple user enquiries directly regarding it, I think I'll look elsewhere for another product that actually works, is user friendly and look for a product with some sort of customer service, thanks for your time