Topic: What makes a controller work with CronusMax?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

What makes a controller work with CronusMax?

Hi all. Love the CM+, its a gaming beast.

I have XB1 console and upgraded my controller to a Razer Wolverine as the Xbox1 controllers just suck (including the elite), but unfortunately the Razer controller doesnt work with the CM+ and the CM just displays the scrolling segmented '0' without any function from the controller or any numbered loaded slots showing on the CM display.
    Ive used 'USB view' to find the Vendor and Product ID's ( idVendor: 0x1532/idProduct: 0x0A14) and have posted in the 'Unsupported Controller' section. Ive tried various CM supplied cables, hubs and differnet ports on my XB ect but with no use. So im stuck using the standard XB1 controller with the CM+.

I would love to know what does the CronusMax need to see from a controller before it will allow the controller to operate? As i would love to get mine working and/or help with future controller compatibility if possible.

Swizzy's Avatar Swizzy

Re: What makes a controller work with CronusMax?

Quote Originally Posted by Croneme View Post
    Hi all. Love the CM+, its a gaming beast.

I have XB1 console and upgraded my controller to a Razer Wolverine as the Xbox1 controllers just suck (including the elite), but unfortunately the Razer controller doesnt work with the CM+ and the CM just displays the scrolling segmented '0' without any function from the controller or any numbered loaded slots showing on the CM display.
    Ive used 'USB view' to find the Vendor and Product ID's ( idVendor: 0x1532/idProduct: 0x0A14) and have posted in the 'Unsupported Controller' section. Ive tried various CM supplied cables, hubs and differnet ports on my XB ect but with no use. So im stuck using the standard XB1 controller with the CM+.

I would love to know what does the CronusMax need to see from a controller before it will allow the controller to operate? As i would love to get mine working and/or help with future controller compatibility if possible.
    First of all, the controller needs to function in wired mode.

A unsupported controller should cause the CM to show E not the standby animation, if it shows the standby animation it usually means the controller isn't even trying to communicate...

The CronusMAX needs the VID/PID combination to determine how to communicate with the controller (basically, it needs this to determine what protocol to use as they are different for PS3/4 and Xbox 360/1)

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Re: What makes a controller work with CronusMax?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    First of all, the controller needs to function in wired mode.

A unsupported controller should cause the CM to show E not the standby animation, if it shows the standby animation it usually means the controller isn't even trying to communicate...

The CronusMAX needs the VID/PID combination to determine how to communicate with the controller (basically, it needs this to determine what protocol to use as they are different for PS3/4 and Xbox 360/1)
    Hi Swizzy, and thanks for your reply.

The Razer Wolverine is wired only (No batteries or bluetooth).
    Ok, thats a shame its not even trying to communicate as the VID/PID is 'similar' to the Razer Wildcat that is listed as working on CM site.
    0A03
    RAZER WILDCAT