Hey all.

I just got the CM+ for my birthday a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to trying to set up my Logitech G27 for my PS4. So far I'm stuck in step 3, "Program the CM+ with the latest firmware."

I've got a late 2017 MBP with TouchBar and four USB-C ports. Because they're USB-C, some kind of converter is needed to get to USB1/2/3. I'm using Apple's USB-C_to_USBC/USB2/HDMI dongle and a Win7 installation in VirtualBox 5.1 (with USB extensions installed). However, the Firmware Updater Wizard fails. Sometimes it just hangs (although the progress bar continues to animate ) and sometimes I get a timeout error. Either way, "it not worky."

Any ideas for alternatives here? I'm going to keep working on it, but I've already thrown a few hours at this so I'd be a much happier camper if a fellow camper could just point out, "Oh, there's your problem! You didn't connect the red wire to the blue wire! Do that and you'll be good to go!"

(This isn't related to my immediate problem, but I'm a little confused why a USB3 port wouldn't work -- although I see that's what is documented in the setup guide. I'm guessing it has to be an electrical or timing issue? Can anybody enlighten me?)