Topic: Wheel Firmware problem

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Question Wheel Firmware problem

tried to switch the firmware on my Cronus to the WE mode yesterday, using the 1.12 soft and CMplus_1.24.5_WE firmware as usual. However, now it shows an error identifying the file as a valid firmware...

I went back to standard 1.24 WE using 1.21B and tried on the PS4... but it shows the Attachment 4922 error that according to manual means "If you get this error code you have not updated to the latest firmware (at least v1.24 is recommended)."... ???
    I tried going back to 1.23 and then 1.24 again but no luck, always the same "E." display once connected to PS4.

How can I fix this?

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Wheel Firmware problem

Quote Originally Posted by jesped View Post
    tried to switch the firmware on my Cronus to the WE mode yesterday, using the 1.12 soft and CMplus_1.24.5_WE firmware as usual. However, now it shows an error identifying the file as a valid firmware...

I went back to standard 1.24 WE using 1.21B and tried on the PS4... but it shows the Attachment 4922 error that according to manual means "If you get this error code you have not updated to the latest firmware (at least v1.24 is recommended)."... ???
    I tried going back to 1.23 and then 1.24 again but no luck, always the same "E." display once connected to PS4.

How can I fix this?
    try this: CronusMAX Repair

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Thanks, but still the same Attachment 4923 error after that too.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jesped View Post
    Thanks, but still the same Attachment 4923 error after that too.
    this Attachment 4923 means that the controller connected to the CronusMAX PLUS via the Input Port is not supported or is not recognized without using the X-AIM plugin and a Windows PC.
    You will also get this code if you are trying to use a USB Hub and have not updated to the latest firmware (at least v1.23).

and, most importatnt for you, If you are trying to connect a supported wheel in PS4 Wheel Edition Mode, this can also mean that your Micro USB Cable to the DS4 controller is either faulty or not full data compatible - try a new cable.