Topic: Fortnite Inventory Hotkey Slot Script

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Fortnite Inventory Hotkey Slot Script

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has or is able to make a script to hotkey inventory in Fortnite.

I'm thinking of either one of these options:

1. For each inventory slot (1-5) be able to quickly switch by pressing buttons 1-5.
    OR
    2. (This one sounds a little more complicated) Make it so that we can switch back and forth between two weapons, so if I press 1 I can cycle right then if I press 1 again it cycles left.

I've been trying to get this going, but I'm an amateur at GPC scripting so not sure how to go about this.

Thanks,

Adrian Wolfe

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Re: Fortnite Inventory Hotkey Slot Script

This is possible, but it is harder than it sounds. There is no way for the Cronus script to know what slot the game is currently in, so you have to make assumptions in the script. Things can get out of whack quickly and need to be reset ever so often.

There is a particular key combination that will always make you go to weapon slot #1 no matter where you are in the game. (I don't remember what that is off hand.) Once you know that, you can have that called and then have it cycle right (however many slots over you need to go) for each hot key. It is pretty inefficient and while possible, it is not straight forward. Hopefully someone has done it and can upload it here. My FN script keeps track of where you are in the game and what mode you are in. But I abandoned the idea of it remembering what weapon slot it is in (except when dealing with dual shotguns) because it was a pain.
    Last edited by boondoggle; 5th June 18 at 17:55.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to boondoggle For This Useful Post:

Mercenary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianWolfe View Post
    Hi,

I'm hoping someone has or is able to make a script to hotkey inventory in Fortnite.

I'm thinking of either one of these options:

1. For each inventory slot (1-5) be able to quickly switch by pressing buttons 1-5.
    OR
    2. (This one sounds a little more complicated) Make it so that we can switch back and forth between two weapons, so if I press 1 I can cycle right then if I press 1 again it cycles left.

I've been trying to get this going, but I'm an amateur at GPC scripting so not sure how to go about this.

Thanks,

Adrian Wolfe

mhm i tried it. But your second question is a little bit to high for me.
    i wrote you a script with the SGI for the Weapon slots.
    You need to define your Extra Inputs for the Weapon slots 1-5. Extra 1-5 same on the Keyboard. define a Extra Input 7 to activate it, like mouse button 4 or something like that.
    So now you need to inform the script how many slots you activated. here is picture how:

Attachment 5061

after that, the weapon slots should work.

But for the second.... mhm. Its just an experiment and i don´t know if it will work for you or in generell.
    to activate it, define a Extra input 8. like Mousebutton 3. You need to define in x-aim your D-Pad down with 1. Same like for the first Slot of weapon slots above.
    now it should work when you hit 1 it moves from left to right and back after hitting your activating button (Extra input 8).
    BUT: its switching always just 2 slot. NOT every time you hit 1, the first and the second. you need to go every time back and reactivate it. There is no way to script it. Wait for Season 5, the will add a remap of the buttons for consoles.
    try it:

Last edited by Tommecronus; 6th June 18 at 05:06.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommecronus For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hey @Tommecronus and @Boondoggle, first of all thanks for your responses. Appreciate any kind of feedback.

Thanks Tommecronus for taking the time to script something out.

Really sorry for any misunderstanding. I really only wanted one of those options, and frankly I'd much rather prefer to just assign weapon slots 1-5 to keyboard buttons. Don't worry about the whole switching with one button part.

That being said, I tried to use the code, but unfortunately could not get it going. Is it possible to take out the experimental portion so that I can just run the Weapon Slots 1-5 part. I really wanna try it out and I'm not sure whether I mapped the necessary buttons.

Also, we only have 5 slots for Fortnite so I wasn't sure how to map the sixth define slot. I can't even do 5 technically, because I've only got PR1,PR2,PL1,PL2 as extra inputs.

Apologies, again, if I'm asking for too much.

Thanks,

Adrian Wolfe

P.S. Are you scripting this yourself, manually, or do you have a program that helps you? I'd really like to learn more on this topic. If possible...

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Unless I misunderstand your request... The ability to make hotkeys for each weapon slot is not easy or straightforward. The reason being, when you create a script, it is really difficult to keep track of what weapon slot you are currently in. And you need to know your current slot in order to have a hotkey to get to another slot. Here is an example.

A) You are currently in slot #3.
    B) You hit 2 on your keyboard. 2 is the hotkey to get to the first weapon slot (not the harvest slot, but the next one to the right).

This is an easy thing to do. *IF* you always know you are in slot #3. But, since you cannot poll the game to ask it what slot it is currently in- you have to keep track of it yourself within the script. This gets very difficult when you get get into build mode, editing mode, inventory mode, etc, etc. It can easily lose track.

Now. There is a way around this. Which is what I was trying to explain. If you can make a combo that *ALWAYS* gets you to the first weapon slot, no matter what game mode you are in, then you can simply do this, then move to the next slot to the right however many times you need to that corresponds with your keyboard hotkey.

This is what you come up with...

A) You hit #4 on your keyboard.
    B) The first combo runs and it goes to the first weapon slot (to the right of harvest).
    C) Then, another combo fires off and cycles a slot to the right, two times.

Does that makes sense? It is possible, but not straightforward. If Epic will allow remapping in the future, then it could suddenly become very easy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boondoggle For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Apologies for the late reply,
    Yeah, that makes sense, thanks.
    Now I tried using the given script, but it isn't always consistent. I used the SGI and made one as well to see if there was much difference. Now I'm not great with scripts.
    However, I tried out the following script:
    https://cronusmax.com/gpclib/?s=5251
    When I wanted to hotkey my building. I noticed the script used a sort of trace or tracking to know whether I was in build mode or not. I wonder if this script can somehow be modified to work.

Also if I may, I'd like to come back to my initial second question. Regarding using one button to switch back and forth between two weapons.

I wonder if my layout as follows might help...
    1.XB1_PR1 initially set to XB1_RB
    2.IF XB1_RB pressed then XB1_PR1 set to XB1_LB
    3.IF XB1_LB pressed then XB1_PR1 set to XB1_RB.

So basically if I either press XB1_PR1 or XB1_RB then the new value for XB1_PR1 would be XB1_LB this way I'd be able to switch back and forth between any two items next to each other.
    In this way it alternates.

Is this perhaps a bit more clear?

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

So far this is what I have in terms of scripting the PR1 functionality with switching between two items. I need to figure out how to track the normal XB1_RB and XB1_LB as well.