Topic: controller disconnecting [FIXED]

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

controller disconnecting [FIXED]

Hi, glad to be part of the cronusmax community, i'm having trouble getting past the autoshutdown after 10 minutes on my PS4 and hoping someone could point out what I'm missing. I've been through numerous guides on the subject and i'm pretty sure i'm missing something obvious, here's my setup:

PS4 (not PRO) - confirmed that my dualshock controllers have been forgotten and bluetooth devices list is empty.
    Controller = keyboard and mouse
    Dualshock controller wired using micro usb
    CronusMAX PLUS (v3)
    CronusPro software v1.21
    Cronusmax firmware v1.24
    Cronusmax - plugged into PC with the following settings confirmed:
    Attachment 5304
    Attachment 5305
    I plug my Cronusmax into my PS4, then plug in my Amazon hub (which is on the confirmed that works with CMax list) then plug my dualshock controller into the hub. Finally I plug my PC into the Cronusmax.
    Launch Plugins/X-Aim, enable capture mode.
    Bingo, works a treat, keyboard and mouse control my PS4.
    But as you know this last about 10 minutes.
    I unplug the controller, wait a couple fo seconds, plug it back in and we're back on track.
    I thought that using the Amazon hub was meant I'd no longer have the 10 minute dropout. If anyone can point out we're I've gone wrong it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

User Info Menu

Re: controller disconnecting

Quote Originally Posted by banditgp View Post
    Hi, glad to be part of the cronusmax community, i'm having trouble getting past the autoshutdown after 10 minutes on my PS4 and hoping someone could point out what I'm missing. I've been through numerous guides on the subject and i'm pretty sure i'm missing something obvious, here's my setup:

PS4 (not PRO) - confirmed that my dualshock controllers have been forgotten and bluetooth devices list is empty.
    Controller = keyboard and mouse
    Dualshock controller wired using micro usb
    CronusMAX PLUS (v3)
    CronusPro software v1.21
    Cronusmax firmware v1.24
    Cronusmax - plugged into PC with the following settings confirmed:
    Attachment 5304
    Attachment 5305
    I plug my Cronusmax into my PS4, then plug in my Amazon hub (which is on the confirmed that works with CMax list) then plug my dualshock controller into the hub. Finally I plug my PC into the Cronusmax.
    Launch Plugins/X-Aim, enable capture mode.
    Bingo, works a treat, keyboard and mouse control my PS4.
    But as you know this last about 10 minutes.
    I unplug the controller, wait a couple fo seconds, plug it back in and we're back on track.
    I thought that using the Amazon hub was meant I'd no longer have the 10 minute dropout. If anyone can point out we're I've gone wrong it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Way you use HUB ? You don't need it . The HUB is used only for the crossover gaming - when you want to play with none PS4 controller on PS4 console.

Last edited by Excalibur; 5th August 18 at 17:26.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thanks for your reply Excalibur, that's the instructions I used initially and was not using the hub but in troubleshooting the problem I may well have gone down the wrong track. I'll ditch the hub and go back to the start and try again. Will keep you posted....

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Ok, so i went back to the start and went through the steps as per the link you provided, before doing that I checked two things on my PS4; 1 that the devices list was still empty and the dualshock controller was not listed and 2 that the power save settings for controllers was set to do not turn off.
    Back to the steps:
    1 - connected cronusmax plus directly to ps4 (no hub or usb extension) via output port
    2 - connected ps4 dualshock controller to cronusmax input port using micro usb cable
    3 - connected mouse & keyboard to pc
    4 - connected cronus max to pc using mini usb cable
    5 - open cronus pro and run x-aim
    6 - enter capture mode
    this worked and lasted 10 minutes after which the controller was disconnected and to get it started again i had to unplug and then plug back in the cronusmax from the ps4.
    i then repeated all of the above steps with the following options, one after the other, from cronus pro software (i don't know what these options do they just all sound vaguely related):

• device tab, output protocal = automatic
    • device tab, output protocal = ps4
    • cmax plus tab, enable ps4 partial crossover support(auto reconnect every 10 min) ticked
    • cmax plus tab, enable ps4 partial crossover support(auto reconnect every 10 min) not ticked
    • cmax plus tab, controller idle timeout was set to disabled

each test resulted in the same result, after 10 minutes the keyboard and mouse would disconnect and would need resetting by unplugging the cronusmax from the ps4.

I then replaced the usb cable running from the cronusmax to the ds4 controller and the usb cable from the cronusmax to my pc (confirming i was using a usb 2.0 port) ... still no luck, 10 minutes later .... disconnected.

I'm running out of ideas?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Figured out my problem at last and it was due to the DualShock controller I was using. I borrowed one from a friend and it worked a treat, swapped mine back in and it would lose authentication within a couple of minutes. Close inspection of the controller reveals different model numbers, it was bought as new from Amazon so not sure if it's faulty (works perfectly well as a controller in it's own right), or if it's not quite as 'official' as it initially appears. Anyway, thanks for your help and I can get gaming all weekend now, happy days..... might even learn how to script ;-)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to banditgp For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banditgp View Post
    Figured out my problem at last and it was due to the DualShock controller I was using. I borrowed one from a friend and it worked a treat, swapped mine back in and it would lose authentication within a couple of minutes. Close inspection of the controller reveals different model numbers, it was bought as new from Amazon so not sure if it's faulty (works perfectly well as a controller in it's own right), or if it's not quite as 'official' as it initially appears. Anyway, thanks for your help and I can get gaming all weekend now, happy days..... might even learn how to script ;-)
    Thank you SO MUCH for posting this feedback. We get many users who blame the Cronus for this problem and refuse to admit it was an issue with their controller.

Welcome to the Cronus Community!!

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Re: controller disconnecting [FIXED]

Thanks for posting.