Topic: XBOX 360 Wireless & MadCatz Wireless with Assetto Corsa

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

XBOX 360 Wireless & MadCatz Wireless with Assetto Corsa

Hello,

I'm trying to use my MadCatz Wireless Force Feedback Racing Wheel Xbox 360 with my XBOX ONE S and Assetto Corsa. After some tests with the different DriveHub versions (adding a borrowed XBOX 360 Wireless Racing Wheel) these are the results:

* AC = Assetto Corsa Full game
    * PC2 = Project Cars 2 Demo

DriveHub XBOX360 Wireless XBOX360 Notes MadCatz MadCatz Notes
    2.0.3-beta.29 AC - Turns only 45º; good FFB
    PC2 - OK
    AC - In the game it turns only 45º AC no FFB on turns
    PC2 no FFB on turns
    AC - When I turn the MadCatz 45º to the right
    in the game it turns to top left...
    Reconnecting solves this most times.
    PC2 - At the start, MadCatz turns top left.
    2.0.2 AC - OK
    PC2 - No FFB
    AC no FFB on turns
    PC2 no FFB
    2.0.1 AC - OK
    PC2 - No FFB
    AC no FFB on turns
    PC2 no FFB
    2.0.0 AC - OK
    PC2 - No FFB
    AC - Very weak FFB AC no FFB on turns
    PC2 no FFB

The bottom line for the MadCatz seems to be no FFB on turns (or a very weak one). For example, if I hit the grass with the wheel straight the FFB is OK; if I hit the grass with the wheel turned some degrees the FFB doesn't exist. And of course, the issues that make me reconnect the DriveHub and the wheel...

Does any of these tests make sense?
    I know that the MadCatz is not supported. Could this change in the future? It seems to be very close to the XBOX 360 Racing Wheel.

Thank you very much.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JsvGTA For This Useful Post:

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: XBOX 360 Wireless & MadCatz Wireless with Assetto Corsa

can you clarify some of the notes
    Turns only 45º <- what does this mean ?
    in the game it turns to top left <- what does this mean ?

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

I was told the madcatz is supposed to be the same wheel. From what I was told, MS handed over the design to them when they themselves stopped making the wheel, only differences should be cosmetic...

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    can you clarify some of the notes
    Turns only 45º <- what does this mean ?
    in the game it turns to top left <- what does this mean ?
    Hi!

- Turns only 45º: in this case when I turn to top left/right the MS wheel the virtual/game wheel turns only 45º.
    - In the game it turns to top left: when I turn 45º my MadCatz in the game the wheel reaches its top turn; if I turn more than 45º to the left my MadCatz in the game the wheel automatically go to the top right (if I turns more than 45º to the right in the game the wheel go to the top left).

After some more testing I can say:
    - In Assetto Corsa the 45º issue happens with some cars like LMP1 (Porsche Moby Dick, McLaren F1 GT), Ferrari FXX K... With "more standard" cars it seems to work (some of them show this same issue when I turn my MadCatz almost at its top - i.e. turning the MadCatz at 110º aprox. to the right the car suddenly turns to its top left).
    - Today I tested the F1 2017 Demo and it's impossible to play -> The same "45º issue" happens... At the first turn the car becomes crazy I think that with the 2.0.0 fw this game worked well but I'd have to downgrade my DriveHub and test again.
    - I downloaded the Forza 7 Demo for testing and something similar happens: in the game the wheel turns much faster than my MadCatz, and when the game wheel hits the top (and I continue turning more and more) it suddenly turns at the opposite way.

It seems that the more sensitive the car is the more issues I have...

If I find anything more I'll share here. And of course I hope this helps...

Thank you!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hello.

Some videos for clarifying... All with Assetto Corsa, the two wheels and two cars: one "standard" (Ferrari 458) and one "special" (Ferrari FXX-K):
    - MS wheel + FXX-K = OK

- MS wheel + 458 = 45º issue

- MadCatz + 458 = Almost OK, turning 100% rises the above issue

- MadCatz + FXX-K = Top turn issue

Testing F1 2017 and Forza 7:
    - MS wheel works well (in F1 I have to reconnect the DriveHub as at the beginning the "top turn issue" happens.
    - MadCatz doesn't work because of the "top turn issue" (even reconnecting the DriveHub, restarting the XBOX...).

As you can see both wheels behave different, but no one works well

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hello again.

I've been doing some tests with different FW versions for DriveHub and the 2.0.3-beta.29 (the used in this thread), 2.0.2 and 2.0.1 showed the same issues (maybe the only difference would be the FFB in PC2, present only in the 2.0.3-beta.29).
    But the 2.0.1-rc.15 works better with both wheels... I didn't found any of the above issues except for the PC2 FFB which is not present. But regarding turning issues I repeated every test commented in this thread and with this version they didn't happen, all the cars and situations are OK.

Does this make sense?

Thanks.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Yes it does make sense,

the very next change we on 360 wheel after 2.0.1-rc.15 was to deal with fact that is is limited to 270° aperture. In particular the GT Sport game has no menu to allow you to tell the wheel to switch aperture.This change had to be sensitive to the Fanatec 360 wheels which are 900° aperture. My feeling is that the detection of the difference between MS and Fanatec is failing for Mad catz version and that its being treated as a Fanatec and not a MS...

the original work around was for the user to set the aperture in game to 270°, basically telling the game to treat the MS wheel correctly......

What you are seeing with the 458 is probably as a result of the aperture being set by the game to like 100° as the aperture of the MS wheel can't be controlled it has the effect of appearing to past the end... on say the Fanatec wheel when the aperture is set to 100° the wheel sets a really hard spring with a deadzone of 100° which basically stops you turning past that point, if you try really hard you can turn it, but under normal conditions it just feels like a stopper. Also, the 16 bit range of the wheel is set to just the 100°, again the 360 wheel cant do this, so we use some maths to manage it, this seems to be failing us for the madcatz, so the wheel goes full circles and locks hard to the opposite side...

try the work around.. see if it sorts some of your issues.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hello,

That workaround doesn't work, I'm still facing the same issues. So I returned to the 2.0.1-rc15 FW as it allows me to play with several games with both wheels (the latest one 2.0.3beta29 doesn't work well in Assetto Corsa with MS or MadCatz wheels).

I sent some feedback to the support team, hope it helps.