Topic: Inconsistent Results. Any Help appreciated!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Unhappy Inconsistent Results. Any Help appreciated!

Hey guys, so I've been having some inconsistent connection issues with the CM+, G27, PS4 Pro. Seems like every time i intend to play, i have to spend at least 30mins troubleshooting. It has gotten to a point now where whatever i try just won't get it to connect.

Things I've tried so far: (Which funny enough have worked for a session or two )

- Different micro usb cables
    - different usb hubs
    - different port for the controller on the hub
    - hard reset the cm+ and DS4
    - used the proper options (disabled PS4 partial crossover support, etc.)
    - tried most of the solutions on the forums
    - changed the plug-in order of the cm+, hub , ps4 pro.
    - secured the connections to the G27

The only thing thing that i haven't successfully been able to do is to "forget" the DS4 from the PS4. When under bluetooth devices the only option i get for the DS4 is to have it "disconnect". There are videos of people getting the option to "forget" the device but i can't seem to get it. Perhaps they had an earlier version? Regardless, the setup has worked without "forgetting" the DS4.

As of now i can only get it to connect for about 10 seconds, then it goes back to the race animation. I am using a quality Logitech usb cable and the recommended Amazon basics Hub (4-port), DS4 model: CUH-ZCT1U

I am frustrated, yes, but i am also looking forward in a positive way as every problem has a solution. Unfortunately for me it's been very inconsistent and i am at a loss with permanent solutions. Hopefully you guys can help me narrow it down to a specific issue.

Cheers!

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Inconsistent Results. Any Help appreciated!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Picklock For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply, Picklock. So i've tied to troubleshoot the device but to no avail. I managed to get another DS4 to "forget" my previous one hoping that would help but all i get is the racetrack animation animation everytime i plug the CM+ in.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear of the troubles. Does your CronusMax work in any other operational mode; standard or tournament edition?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hey Picklock, so i just tried using it in standard mode with a mouse/keyboard and it would not authorize the CM+. It just keeps cycling through the animation.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flyronflyk View Post
    Hey Picklock, so i just tried using it in standard mode with a mouse/keyboard and it would not authorize the CM+. It just keeps cycling through the animation.
    Very sorry, but without seeing the issue first hand, I'm not sure what's going on as you're explaining it.

Please specify exactly what you are seeing on the CM, ie. This is what the LED displays after I have completed step 5 in this guide, for example. Thank you.

you can find more LED display and error codes here: https://cronusmax.com/manual/led_dis...rror_codes.htm

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

If the racetrack animation(only available in PS4 Wheel Edition operational mode) is still happening on the LED after you've switched back to standard operational mode, then please confirm you are in standard mode in the Cronus Pro's Status Bar. Just fyi, to program Operational Modes you have to be connected to the Internet.

Also while checking the Status Bar, be sure to follow the instructions and "hover your mouse over the firmware version area, a popup will display detailed information about your CronusMAX PLUS." <-- Please provide this information as well, thank you.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hey picklock so with the CM+ in standard mode, connected directly to the ps4, mini usb cable connected to my pc and the controller connected through the usb port on the CM+, i get this animation: