Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Does CronusMAX work with the Scuf Vantage controller?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Re: Does CronusMAX work with the Scuf Vantage controller?

Quote Originally Posted by legitclouds View Post
    I was going to make a seperate thread but im not sure where to put it. Anyway here it goes

Guide For Getting The Vantage working with CronusMAX

1: Connect Vantage to PC with usb (Havent tried Bluetooth yet)
    2: Connect Cronus to Xbox/PS4/PC
    3: Have a controller connected to cronus as a authenication controller
    4: Connect cronus to pc through pc prog port
    5: Open up cronus > then XAIM Plugin
    6: Create a new layout
    7: Under layout out options then controller set it to preferred system
    8: Enabled direct input
    9: Select the first scuf controller in the direct input options ( you can test it by wiggling the sticks)
    10: Right Click each button then select "Direct input catch" and map
    Optional: Create XAIM shortcut

Setup is a little crazy at first I know. But after that its quick and easy, I promise ha

I Also got the Vantage working on PC by itself without the cronus. I'll write up a tutorial later!

I posted this up on reddit. I found a easier and better way that i'll post later

https://www.reddit.com/r/scufgaming/...working_on_pc/

I get my controller to function but then it starts to act up wont stop ADSing or the triggers wont stop firing or my dpads keep spamming but on my xbox but then when i plug it direct to my ps4 the controller is completely fine any tips if im doing something wrong?

I Am Error

User Info Menu

i returned the vantage. they need to fix it. I would return it ASAP. LOL

Mercenary

User Info Menu

I have received the vantage, shame can't use CronusMax with it

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I just got my Scuf Vantage and the fit/feel of it is perfect. Shame is doesn’t work with CronusMAX. This controller is a game changer!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyPhatSacks For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legitclouds View Post
    **UPDATE** I got the SCUF Vantage working on cronusmax through the use of XAIM Plugin. I'll do a writeup later tonight. Super happy I got it to work yay!

Can an you upload how you did it bud. I appreciate it. I really wan lt to use it with the CronusMAX

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Works with Scuf Vantage controller?

Quote Originally Posted by arlind94 View Post
    The controller just came out, so of course there wouldn't be many requests for it and due to the price tag
    We had hundreds of requests of the Nacon Revolution Pro on day one of its release

I promise we will look at this in the new year - just not for the CronusMAX PLUS as there is no space for this in the firmware. We've a lot of different and exciting projects happening right now.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    We had hundreds of requests of the Nacon Revolution Pro on day one of its release

I promise we will look at this in the new year - just not for the CronusMAX PLUS as there is no space for this in the firmware. We've a lot of different and exciting projects happening right now.
    Nice! Excited to see what comes out.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I Hope the Vantage get supported!!! Please!!!!! Make it happen!!! i know it will boost sales for Both Cronus and Vantage

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Agreed!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I'd like the SCUF Vantage to be supported. Hopefully enough people who want it supported speak up!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

This controller is VERY capable of working the CronusMax.

I've been testing it for a couple of hours now on an Xbox One using X-AIM and I'm almost at the complete working stage. I'm having trouble with the triggers and the paddles though. I have all of the primary buttons working on the front except the guide button and the touchpad (which we really don't need especially if you're on Xbox One) and the back left A paddle. The B paddle seems to work but won't let me program it to anything but the LRY+ command. I did the A paddle honestly by mistake but it shouldn't be hard to figure out. The X and Y paddles seem to be unresponsive at the moment. The limit seems to be the software. There are no set commands for Scuf paddles. Not even a template. The program just guesses what the paddle is. The B paddle thinks it's the right trigger. LOL... I understand it takes money for R&D but all we need is a template to customize scufs to make the Vantage a compatible controller. I still have the controls saved on my PC but as of 3 pm, I've sold the controller so I can't do any more testing. If someone wants to continue the work I'll gladly send the file right over!

Question: How does R&D cost so much for something so small? The other controller mentioned doesn't look half as good or even perform have as good as the Vantage! I understand the cost of the controller is cheaper but dang...it looks gross. Now that new Razer controller....

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU!!! UPDATE THE CRONUSMAX WITH SCUF VANTAGE PS4 SUPPORT!! PLEASE Ive been playing with the Xbox Elite controller with CronusMax over a year now on PUBG on Xbox and now that I’ve crossed over to playing it on the PS4 I needed something that I was used to so I purchased the SCUF vantage. But it’s just not the same I’m missing my CronusMax....It’s a really big part of my game especially in PUBG. Please come out with support for the SCUF VANTAGE. We CronusMax users who own a SCUF vantage really need this from you guys, don’t forget about us or leave us to the side

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

The vantage support would be great. I would rather have that then the Naco however if there won't be support anytime soon I will end up with that.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

I would not waist time for the Vantage as there is alot of bad reviews on the controller.This is why im buying a Scuff Impact as i have alot of better things about it.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I also have the Scuf Vantage. That would be the bomb if it was able to work with CronusMAX . I use the dpad and most controllers when releasing down+left or down+right add a left or right command when released. I hope you all add your comments so Cronus will consider it.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

So sad I didn’t do my research before buying the vantage, came in the mail today went to plug into my Cronus and play on Xbox with it, got the error code and looked it up to find it isn’t supported. I hope this gets supported soon

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

So little update now that I have been playing with it for over a week. I can say for sure, there are no issues with it. I read and watched loads of reviews saying that it had dead spots, connection issues, and all these things and I have not had any of that. It is also super comfortable, I have huge hands and I love using it. I do think that they need to make this compatible. I hope there is a way to make it work at some point.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xZeroFunksGvnx For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xZeroFunksGvnx View Post
    So little update now that I have been playing with it for over a week. I can say for sure, there are no issues with it. I read and watched loads of reviews saying that it had dead spots, connection issues, and all these things and I have not had any of that. It is also super comfortable, I have huge hands and I love using it. I do think that they need to make this compatible. I hope there is a way to make it work at some point.

So this is the reply I get from a company who you think would listen to their customers...are you serious?...if I knew they wouldn’t take any feedback or voicing our thoughts and opinions into consideration I would have never purchased the CronusMax....This is truly sad...TRULY what is so difficult about adding support for a controller? I feel there might be some bias involved because I’ve seen updates for all other controllers come out in a timely fashion...

Hi,
    Apologies for the delayed response, your email went to my junk folder by mistake and I only just noticed it – sorry about that!

We are very aware of the demand for this controller. However, as stated on numerous occasions, there are no planned updates for this controller on the CronusMAX PLUS and it is never something that has ever been promised or advertised as a feature. There is simply no space in the firmware for it. This does not mean it won’t be supported in other devices, just not the CronusMAX PLUS.

Thank you for your support of CronusMAX”
    Last edited by iLLWiLLGoTsKiLL; 4 Weeks Ago at 17:05.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

This is truly sad. I have used and love my CM for a long time now. I wish I could get it to work cause I love the controller and really want to be able to use it on my xbox, sad to say but I almost prefer this controller to my xbox elite that I have been using for years. I hope that they would consider it. If there is anything I can do to make this happen I am more than willing to make it work.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Now its time for Vantage I think. I get vantage and cronus today and now what can i do with this? I must sell cronus or what? Im still cross my fingers to release for vantage.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I Hope the Vantage get supported please...
    I buy yesterday my vantage and now i See is not supported. Maybe somebody know when can i get supported for cronusmax?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iLLWiLLGoTsKiLL View Post
    So this is the reply I get from a company who you think would listen to their customers...are you serious?...if I knew they wouldn’t take any feedback or voicing our thoughts and opinions into consideration I would have never purchased the CronusMax....This is truly sad...TRULY what is so difficult about adding support for a controller? I feel there might be some bias involved because I’ve seen updates for all other controllers come out in a timely fashion...

Hi,
    Apologies for the delayed response, your email went to my junk folder by mistake and I only just noticed it – sorry about that!

We are very aware of the demand for this controller. However, as stated on numerous occasions, there are no planned updates for this controller on the CronusMAX PLUS and it is never something that has ever been promised or advertised as a feature. There is simply no space in the firmware for it. This does not mean it won’t be supported in other devices, just not the CronusMAX PLUS.

Thank you for your support of CronusMAX”
    Where in this reply does it even suggest a little bit that we are not listening to customers? Or not taking opinions into consideration? It tells you the firmware is full - there's no space - its at capacity - that's why it can't be added - I even allude to the new products we are developing, which only highlights further that we are indeed listening to customers - of course we are, we have over 250,000 of them - this isn't some pet project.

I've been replying to this since September 2018 and the answer has always been that we cant add this controller as there is no space for it in the CMP firmware. It even says this on the website and in the Cronus manual that we are unable to add support for this controller to the CMP. But you fellas are acting like you're searching everywhere and can't find an answer - or that we are somehow holding this from you for some reason? Of course that's silly.

Examples of my posts giving a clear answer:

September 27th: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1151949

September 30th http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1152443

October 7th http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1153197

October 26th http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1155839

If you purchased a Cronus without first checking your controller would work or not - you can't be mad at us for that, but of course all you need to do is return it for a refund - if it's still within the warranty period - this is why we give you a warranty. That's customer support.

I will repeat:

This controller - and a couple of others that required a custom ID - cannot be added to the CMP because the there is no space available in the firmware. Our firmware supports a multitude of features that the others do not. Before you ask why others are adding it - because they don't have the features for other things that we have. I know that doesn't help YOU and that's fine, not every product is for everyone - so if you have a Cronus and you can't use it because you didn't check to see if your controller was supported - just return it for a refund.

Note the words CANNOT - it does not say WILL NOT.

Best to just close this topic so you guys aren't repeating the same questions over and over and you can hopefully see this post as the final answer.

I assure you we have a lot of things going on that will make ANY Cronus user very, very happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12