Topic: issues with mouse direction getting stuck

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

issues with mouse direction getting stuck

Hi folks,I'm hoping that someone can help me, firstly here Is my set up:
    1. Cronus version: CronusMAX PLUS V3
    2. Firmware version: 1.23 (tried upgrading to 1.24 but it freezes at 70)
    3. Controller: Xbox One Controller (Original) using mouse and keyboard
    4. Console: XBOX1
    5. Wired or WIreless: Wired (Micro USB Cable)
    6. USB Hub?: Yes. The hub is 2.0
    7. Cronus Pro device settings screenshot:
    Attachment 5493Attachment 5494
    Attachment 5491Attachment 5492
    The issue that I'm having is after finding many settings for the mouse, I found one that seems reasonably stable, the problem is that the mouse seem to get stuck if I lift the mouse away from the table, also it only seem to go in a direction for a small amount of time, for example I look upwards it stops at around 45 degrees, same with other directions, not all at the same time.
    any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    p.s My mouse is 6D optical gaming mouse with precise sensor supports 800/1200/2000/3200DPI

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: issues with mouse direction getting stuck

15 people have viewed this and not a single bit of advice offered, I presume these viewers are having similar issues?

Admin Edit: The forum is not an instant messaging system. You are asked to be patient when you sign up. You are told that support is given by folks all over the world in different time zones. You're also told to be accurate in your problem report - this isn't accurate at all as it's giving a breakdown of a controller setup but you are posting about KBM problems, so none of the information you have provided is relevant - that's probably why no one replied to you promptly.

A reminder of the Community Rules http://cronusmax.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

So no support from cronus!?? terrible device, complicated to set up, worse still is when it is set up its buggy and no support anywhere, avoid this device folks.

Admin Edit: This entire community is support from Cronus. The extensive manual is support from Cronus. The 100+ videos are support from Cronus.

Telling you how problem feedback works and how to do it correctly is support from Cronus. Your post didn't include any information anyone could use about your actual problem, that's why there were few people in the community who could or wanted to respond to you.

- It's not complicated to setup if you have the equipment we say is supported by Cronus (i.e. a Windows PC)

- It's not buggy. The CronusMAX is in its 6th year and does everything EXACTLY as advertised.

- No support anywhere? While posting to the actual support community that includes comprehensive guides and over 80,000 people on hand to assist (if you provide details that they can work with)

- Avoid this device folks? I'm sorry you feel that way. 250,000+ users would disagree.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I agree with you. I wanted to buy this device, for several days I watched what people were writing on the forum, and how they were responding. The support is terrible, especially in comparison with its competitors.

Admin Edit: I'm struggling to understand what information you claim to have not been provided or unable to find?

Your only questions are about XIM and scripts. Script developers are community members - they're nothing to do with Cronus as a company we simply facilitate the community. They write scripts for fun - we don't do it for you.

XIM is extremely simple to get support for. Here, i'll show you.

You want to use a Cronus with a XIM4? Easy:

http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...4-All-Consoles

You want to use scripts on a XIM4? Easy:

https://cronusmax.com/manual/programmer.htm

A script will work on any device, doesn't matter what it is - the script goes to the CRONUSMAX which then passes to whatever is connected to it. Do you understand now?

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by corkychops View Post
    So no support from cronus!?? terrible device, complicated to set up, worse still is when it is set up its buggy and no support anywhere, avoid this device folks.
    Wow.......

I would suspect the issue is with your mouse software. I use a Razer Mamba TE. In the set-up software it has a "lift-off" setting....how much the device can be lifted off the surface before it will stop interrupting input. The issue you described has nothing to do with CronusMax or X-AIM. That's why no one has responded. I have no idea what your mouse is that doesn't tell me anything.....

The fact that you can't update it is also a red light warning. That's kinda telling you it's faulty

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Creomang View Post
    I agree with you. I wanted to buy this device, for several days I watched what people were writing on the forum, and how they were responding. The support is terrible, especially in comparison with its competitors.
    You do understand all "Forum Staff" including myself, are unpaid volunteers. Some of us are better in some areas than others. The terrible support you speak off, is people voluntarily spending their time trying to help.

You are told this when you joined here and you are told how the community works. It seems you completely ignored it and because of that you claim OUR support is terrible and OUR device is the one that doesn't work. It doesn't have anything to do with you not reading the information supplied already.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I understand this And I honestly do not know how your support is arranged. But I use Xim, where they answer your every question, and they try to help, do they really get paid for this? Immediately, many questions about the working conditions of the scripts that are not answered. In such games as Destiny, or Fifa (there are not even 19 versions, and it is not clear when it will be).

Admin Edit: You're not asking questions that haven't already been answered though. You want to know how Cronus connects to a XIM4? We give you step by step instructions. You want to know how to use scripts with XIM4? We give you step by step instructions.

If you want support on an actual script, written by some community members that's nothing to do with us, then either ask them or post the script you want help with in the Script Request section - we set all of this up specifically for folks like you but you're here claiming we are doing nothing for you???

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

For example, I want to buy a cronus to use with my xim, but I'm not even sure how many working scripts are there at all, because people do not answer their questions.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

For example, I want to buy a cronus to use with my xim, but I'm not even sure how many working scripts are there at all, because people do not answer their questions.
    99% of the questions asked can be found with "Search"...

http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...M-APEX-and-PS4

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

I understand this And I honestly do not know how your support is arranged. But I use Xim, where they answer your every question, and they try to help, do they really get paid for this? Immediately, many questions about the working conditions of the scripts that are not answered. In such games as Destiny, or Fifa (there are not even 19 versions, and it is not clear when it will be).
    But I use Xim, where they answer your every question
    I use XIM Apex also. I go to their forums frequently. I would disagree with your statement.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

99% of the questions, yes, but not the answers. I thank you, I know how to use search, and I would not have written to you if I had not studied the forum in many games here. There I am not who does not say that they are "volunteers", there I buy a product and I want the support I receive. I ask a question there, when will there be support for fifa 19, do you think I would not be answered? I doubt. I will be glad if I am wrong, and I will see more support here, and working scripts in the future. Because it will be profitable for me, I want to buy a well-working product.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

hey batts cheers for the constructive advice on the mouse software, that is all I have been looking for, I followed all the posting requirements and got no response, regards this issue not being a cronus one, I disagree, I bought this device for mouse and keyboard use, if the MandK isnt functioning, I would goto the company that sold me this device, if the error was my MandK they then could tell me, I'm sorry that people are not payed to be admin but Im still disappointed that I buy a device that is overcomplicated to set up and when you finally get it functioning it still is sub standard, great for cheaters that want to use scripts though.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

corkychops sorry man, I needed to create a new topic for my posts. Batts, too, sorry, I did not know that you do not pay for this, I am sure many here appreciate help from you. I just wanted to buy a device, and it's scary to throw money in the trash.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

No worries

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

hey batts cheers for the constructive advice on the mouse software, that is all I have been looking for, I followed all the posting requirements and got no response, regards this issue not being a cronus one, I disagree, I bought this device for mouse and keyboard use, if the MandK isnt functioning, I would goto the company that sold me this device, if the error was my MandK they then could tell me, I'm sorry that people are not payed to be admin but Im still disappointed that I buy a device that is overcomplicated to set up and when you finally get it functioning it still is sub standard, great for cheaters that want to use scripts though.
    I buy a device that is over complicated to set up and when you finally get it functioning it still is sub standard
    "Overly-complicated" - to some maybe, other's not. That's why I post here. I just happen to understand and get this stuff. Hard? Not for me. Other's...yes. I think you'll find the mods (not only me) but the other guys will help in any way we can. But when you have hardware, or games we don't have....not much I can do. I see the questions about FIFA, I don't play it. Do you really thing I should spend $60+ for a game I don't want to play, just so I can make some scripts for it?

I play with a Razer Tartarus Keypad and a Razer Mouse using X-Aim and XIM Apex constantly....I've never experienced the problems you say you're having. That's why I believe what you're talking about has to do with "lift-off". That can only be solved with the software (if there was any) from the mouse manufacture.
    Last edited by Batts; 1 Week Ago at 15:42.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Hi folks,I'm hoping that someone can help me, firstly here Is my set up:
    1. Cronus version: CronusMAX PLUS V3
    2. Firmware version: 1.23 (tried upgrading to 1.24 but it freezes at 70)
    3. Controller: Xbox One Controller (Original) using mouse and keyboard
    4. Console: XBOX1
    5. Wired or WIreless: Wired (Micro USB Cable)
    6. USB Hub?: Yes. The hub is 2.0
    7. Cronus Pro device settings screenshot:
    Attachment 5493Attachment 5494
    Attachment 5491Attachment 5492
    The issue that I'm having is after finding many settings for the mouse, I found one that seems reasonably stable, the problem is that the mouse seem to get stuck if I lift the mouse away from the table, also it only seem to go in a direction for a small amount of time, for example I look upwards it stops at around 45 degrees, same with other directions, not all at the same time.
    any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    p.s My mouse is 6D optical gaming mouse with precise sensor supports 800/1200/2000/3200DPI
    I'm sorry you've had some problems. I will try to be quick and to the point by addressing some of your points.

You've told us that your CronusMAX is faulty because the firmware will not upgrade to 1.24 - it's pointless going through the rest of the troubleshooting at this point. Send it back to me and i'll replace it because it's obviousley faulty. Or have you gone through the repair procedure from the manual? That should have been the first thing to try https://cronusmax.com/manual/cronusmax_repair.htm

Here's a few other points which may answer some other questions

1. You say you are using a USB Hub. No where in the instructions does it say to use a USB Hub with keyboard and mouse, so I'd remove that from the equation.
    2. All the settings you've provided are for controller - not for mouse and keyboard. You've shown no x-aim settings or mouse driver settings or in-game settings. An example of what they look like (from actual KBM instructions): http://cronusmax.com/forums/forumdis...Mouse-Settings
    3. No idea what that mouse model is - it doesn't tell us anything, sorry. Has to be specific.

We want you to have a good experience, however we also expect you to follow community guidelines and treat people with respect, because you already broke/ignored a whole bunch of these rules in just this topic alone.

Thanks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

To add, Batts is right. Google LOD (Lift Off Distance). You'll find some answers there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hundreds of posts are answered every single day. What you will find here is that your question has already been answered multiple times.

Here it is again.

All the scripts work.

It doesn't work just because you're using a specific keyboard and mouse or controller. Scripts work across all consoles, all devices with Cronus. Its in our advertising

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

You don't seem to understand how it works. I'll help you.

We don't write scripts for you. We give you the language (GPC). It's then up to you to write the scripts or learn how to do it from the multiple tools and resources we offer, or if you can't do it yourself have someone do it for you or use the scripts by members of the community. There are MULTIPLE resources.

XIM guys answer your questions about the XIM itself. We can answer you questions all day about Cronus. So comparing the two is a false equivalency. In fact, if XIM guys answered questions about scripts you wouldn't be here

You are asking about scripts. That's completely different. Scripts are community based. No one is paid to write scripts or give you help. We provide examples and pre-compiled GamePacks for controller users. This is not an unusual concept and is pretty much the same with any software language.

I hope that explains it better.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

and it's scary to throw money in the trash.
    We're a professional company. If you are not happy with the product just return it for a refund. Why would we sell you something and not offer a refund if you weren't happy?

I hope I answered all your points.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hi MaxADMIN, The issue seems to be that cronusmax stops reading the mouse after lifting off the mouse, it only happens for a second then the mouse starts again, if I leave the mouse on the surface it works fine, the mouse I'm using is a budget mouse (Tecknet Premium Kraken). I'm sorry that I did not provided more information, I only provided what the guidelines informed me to do, If I was asked I would have provided more information.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    We want you to have a good experience, however we also expect you to follow community guidelines and treat people with respect.
    Thanks for wanting me to have a good experience, however I was getting frustrated as I'm trying to get this working for my son which I purchased for his birthday and when batts was rude I probably didnt handle that too well, my apologies.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hi MaxADMIN, The issue seems to be that cronusmax stops reading the mouse after lifting off the mouse, it only happens for a second then the mouse starts again, if I leave the mouse on the surface it works fine, the mouse I'm using is a budget mouse (Tecknet Premium Kraken). I'm sorry that I did not provided more information, I only provided what the guidelines informed me to do, If I was asked I would have provided more information.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    We want you to have a good experience, however we also expect you to follow community guidelines and treat people with respect.

Thanks for wanting me to have a good experience, however I was getting frustrated as I'm trying to get this working for my son which I purchased for his birthday and when batts was rude I probably didnt handle that too well, my apologies.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

My advice is going to seem so simple and obvious that you may even find it rude. Here goes:

[B]Get a new mouse. Preferably one of the ones we have already recommended as one to buy in the Cronus manual and one that has multiple step by step instructions for. My personal favorite is a [URL="http://cronusmax.com/manual/cronusmax_repair.htm[/URL]

The Troubleshooting page of the Cronus Manual also handles what to do if you have any programming issues

https://cronusmax.com/manual/troubleshooting.htm

Here's an example of how to setup a Logitech G502 with Battlefield 1 http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...-Battlefield-1

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Yes, thank you for the extended answer.