Topic: Definition of PS4 buttons in GPC.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Definition of PS4 buttons in GPC.

Hey guys,

Still trying to get to grips of CM+ and my main issue so far is the mixed code depending on consoles. We a particular script I am using now is this one;

What I am not understanding is where you get the numbered values for the controller from, should be simple

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Definition of PS4 buttons in GPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukk View Post
    Hey guys,

Still trying to get to grips of CM+ and my main issue so far is the mixed code depending on consoles. We a particular script I am using now is this one;

What I am not understanding is where you get the numbered values for the controller from, should be simple
    User's Manual --> GPC Guide --> I/O Functions --> Identifers

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Hey guys,

You don't need to change anything to convert buttons over. That is done by the software after the script is compiled. For example, if you code a rapidfire script to press XB1_RT, if you use this script on a playstation console it will just press PS4_R2.

This is why when you look in the user manual, you have multiple options for the same button.

ie you can use the index number 0, PS3_PS, PS4_PS, XB1_XBOX, XB360_XBOX, or WII_HOME to all press the same button.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Thank you guys, appreciate the time you took to respond. I will have a play

Main reason why I also wanted the identifiers is in Fortnite (yes another one of those player) I use a custom controller layout where I have remapped the jump to L3 for example, so having the list you and Batts provided me, I should be able to at least begin modifying scripts to my liking.

Next task, how to use CM+ to remap a button; so when L3 is press actually send X so I can remap the button in Save the World mode as for some stupid reason Epic didn't include Custom layout there.
    Last edited by Ryukk; 1 Week Ago at 05:53.

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Thank you guys, appreciate the time you took to respond. I will have a play

Main reason why I also wanted the identifiers is in Fortnite (yes another one of those player) I use a custom controller layout where I have remapped the jump to L3 for example, so having the list you and Batts provided me, I should be able to at least begin modifying scripts to my liking.

Next task, how to use CM+ to remap a button; so when L3 is press actually send X so I can remap the button in Save the World mode as for some stupid reason Epic didn't include Custom layout there.
    Here's a link to the manual that explains how to do the remapping. The GPC section is SUPER helpful, as its how I was able to learn to code my own mods for the Cronus.
    https://cronusmax.com/manual/remappi...%3D%3D&mw=MzIw

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GL0ZZ3N View Post
    Here's a link to the manual that explains how to do the remapping. The GPC section is SUPER helpful, as its how I was able to learn to code my own mods for the Cronus.
    https://cronusmax.com/manual/remappi...%3D%3D&mw=MzIw
    The GPC section is SUPER helpful, as its how I was able to learn to code my own mods for the Cronus.
    Same here. Whenever I writing anything I always have a tab open. There's a version within Cronus Pro v1.21 for quicker access. Make sure to use the Manual Updater (under Tools)so you have the latest version.
    Last edited by Batts; 4 Days Ago at 10:56.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Aww you guys are amazingly helpful. Hope I can return the favour later down the line