Topic: Cronusmax + signal cutout

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Cronusmax + signal cutout

Hi,

I use the cronus max + with Max aim to play the PS4 (first version). During the last couple of weeks I found that the Max aim signal cuts out after a couple of minutes while I'm playing games. What I do then is I exit capture mode (via voice command), close max aim and reopen it. After several minutes of playing it disconnects again. When the signal cutsouts, the zero appears on the cronus max + LED display. I'm not sure what it means.

I tried updating the firmware and even tried the recovering process listed on the website but it hasn't worked. Do you know why this is happening and what is the solution to it? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Yomal

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Cronusmax + signal cutout

Hmm,

First off check this page, might have some info that you missed.

https://cronusmax.com/manual/wired_c...t=MjA1&mw=MzIw

When the ''0'' appears on your cronusmax, it's normal.. 0 means everything is ready, connected and authenticated.. So your problem is that your X-AIM randomly shuts off.

Check these possible causes out..

1.- There is a shortcut to close X-AIM when your playing .. ( CTRL + ESC key ). Make sure you didn't bind those keys in x-aim..

2.- Could be a bad connection from your Micro USB cables ( might disconnect and reconnect randomly ).
    Try using another cable and see if the problem still occurs.

3.- When you open Cronusmax on your PC, make sure you run it as administrator.
    ( Could be another software on your PC that's shutting off the X-AIM for some reason.. )

To run as administrator..

MANUALLY( EVERY TIME YOU OPEN THE SOFTWARE)
    To run CronusPro as administrator, when first launching the software, right click on it and go to ''Run as Administrator''.
    (It will open the software with admin rights)

AUTOMATIC SETUP( Will open as ADMIN automatically just by opening the software normally )
    --Right click on Cronus Pro, go to properties then go to the Compability tab.
    Under the Compability tab, click the checkbox '' Run as Administrator ''.

Apply and save, now every time you open Cronusmax Pro, it will have admin rights.

Let me know if this fixed it for you, if it didn't, let me know .. I have a few other things that could be the problem.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Re: Cronusmax + signal cutout

Hi,

I followed the guide that you sent and it seems to work. I copied the settings over from the ones that were shown on the options screenshot. Thank you for your help.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

If I have experience further issues, can I add to this post?

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Hi again,

I'm sorry to say the same problem has started happening again. I've followed your instructions but it hasn't worked. What do you think I should do next?

Kind Regards,
    Yomal

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yomster15 View Post
    Hi again,

I'm sorry to see that the same problem has started happening again. I've followed your instructions but it hasn't worked. What do you think I should do next?

Kind Regards,
    Yomal
    Sorry for the late response... Been busy and completely forgot about this thread.

First off, there's alot of problems that can occur with the Cronusmax, because it has a lot of different users coming in , with different setups, from different places etc...

Most of these issues are probably occuring within the computer itself...
    Here's some basic problems that you might of encoutered, or not... Check these out.

• Bad USB cable to the gaming controller and/or auth controller
    • Damaged USB port on the gaming controller or auth controller
    • Bad connections / Faulty / Improperly Configured USB Hub
    • Authorization DS4 controller paired to the PS4 (or used to power on the console)
    • Cronus Pro settings incorrect

THEN, try to ''uncheck'' in the cronuspro Options menu..
    "Inframe in" in Options in Cronus PRO

• ---If these didn't work. make sure that..
    • You're PC has up to date windows installations / drivers, and that the Antivirus software you're using isn't stopping the device from working in any way... ( some Anti-virus softwares might disable or shutdown specific programs that are not essential / that are out of the ''normal'' executing programs..)

That's it for right now...but please, if this doesn't fix your problem, give me more information like..

1-What type of windows are you using? (7? 8? windows10??? etc.. )
    2-Did you use Cronusmax before? Did it work perfectly up until a certain point? ( after an update or etc..)
    3-Have you tried your cronusmax software/settings with any another console other than the PS4?
    4-Are you connected to the PS4 using an official Playstation controller or a 3rd party controller?

There's a long list of variables that can make your CronusMax software faulty or cause it to not work properly...
    I'm sorry if the things I say aren't fixing your problem right away but I need more information in order to diagnose your problem..
    Since every user's computer software/console setup varies... I need your setup in order to be able to diagnose your problem.. There's literally thousands of possible answers to this problem.

Let me know if you have any additional data that could help me figure out your problem..

Goodluck, let me know and give me more info!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gates For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Sorry for the late reply, I've ordered an USB hub just in case the current one is faulty and the delivery has been delayed due to bad weather. In the meantime, how do I find out if my PC has up to date windows installations / drivers?