Topic: Cheap mouse vs Logitech g502

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Cheap mouse vs Logitech g502

Ok ive just got into keyboard and mouse over the past 2weeks and I've never used either before in my life, I bought a cheap $20 gaming mouse and keyboard, after using it I've noticed when I go to aim at people the gun never goes where it's supposed to go, it's like there's a delay using it and it's not precise enough, plus I'm always having to move the mouse right across my desk to turn and aim etc but when I see people using there mouse on videos they always have the mouse in the same spot and barely need to move it around.

So I ended up buying a Logitech g502, will I see a decent improvement using this like for aiming and response?

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Re: Cheap mouse vs Logitech g502

Sounds like your mouse is conflicting with your settings. You will need to make sure the match the DPI your mouse uses to the DPI in your Xaim Mouse settings. For example, if your mouse is set to 800 dpi and you're tell Xaim you're using 1600 DPI all of your sensitivities are going to be REALLY slow because Xaim thinks you are using a mouse that is more sensitive. Also, make sure that all of your in-game sensitivities are set to the maximum and that the deadzone you have in your Xaim settings isn't too low for the game to see, either of those two things could be whats causing the "lag" you're explaining.

The beauty of Xaim is that you don't need a fancy mouse and keyboard - I personally use the G502 with a $30 Redragon mechanical keyboard. I believe its the cheapest mechanical keyboard you can get. :P

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Re: Cheap mouse vs Logitech g502

Ok thanks for your input will have a look after work when I get home. And I use a 2nd ps4 controller and use direct input for the left analog stick instead of a keyboard, makes it alot easier for me as I cannot get used to the keyboard at all. Surprisingly easy doing it that way

- - - Updated - - -

Also how do I check what dpi my mouse is using?

- - - Updated - - -

Also how do I check what dpi my mouse is using?