Topic: X-Aim unbelievably inconsistent

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

X-Aim unbelievably inconsistent

I am using x-aim with more than enough computer power to go around, no programs other than cronusmax and x-aim running and still the sensitivity unbelievably inconsistent - and no small differences, it is night and day differences.

Every time I start it up it is different, during gameplay it suddenly becomes different.

How can i ensure that x-aim translate mouse movements the same way each time, unless this thing runs consistently it is completly useless

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Re: X-Aim unbelievably inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by nstarnoe View Post
    I am using x-aim with more than enough computer power to go around, no programs other than cronusmax and x-aim running and still the sensitivity unbelievably inconsistent - and no small differences, it is night and day differences.

Every time I start it up it is different, during gameplay it suddenly becomes different.

How can i ensure that x-aim translate mouse movements the same way each time, unless this thing runs consistently it is completly useless
    As im sure you've read all the great things everyone else has to say about Xaim, the problem is more than likely user-based.
    I've run Xaim on a +12 year old, single core laptop with zero performance issues.

What does your UPD say in the bottom right corner of Xaim?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I sure hope so, but I can’t for the life of me see what could be wrong at my end. The computer is quite powerful and nothing other than x aim is running ?

when it works it is great, it just very inconsistent

my upd/s is 999-1000

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

I sure hope so, but I can’t for the life of me see what could be wrong at my end. The computer is quite powerful and nothing other than x aim is running ?

when it works it is great, it just very inconsistent

my upd/s is 999-1000
    Those UPDs are your updates per second, so there isnt any performance issues going on with your response.

I know trying to describe the way the mouse feels can be a bit tricky, but can you post a screenshot of your mpuse settings and try to describe how its physicslly feeling to you? If I have the game, I may be able to replicate the issue on my end and see if its just a matter of tinkering with the settings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

My settings are as attached and the feeling of the mouse is that is goes from smooth to way faster in jerky movements. I can get sort of the same feeling back if i turn the sensitivity down to around 5000, but then after a while that becomes very sluggish and I have to turn it up to around 5500.

And so it goes on and on, repeatedly having to turn up or down, never really getting consistency for longer periods.

The game is Fortnite, and thanks for your help :-)

Attachment 5723

Support Staff

User Info Menu

My settings are as attached and the feeling of the mouse is that is goes from smooth to way faster in jerky movements. I can get sort of the same feeling back if i turn the sensitivity down to around 5000, but then after a while that becomes very sluggish and I have to turn it up to around 5500.

And so it goes on and on, repeatedly having to turn up or down, never really getting consistency for longer periods.

The game is Fortnite, and thanks for your help :-)

Attachment 5723
    Make sure the DPI settings and your mouse setting match. Also on the acceleration/sensitivity graph you are way low. Look at this for example. Don't pay any attention to the smoothness and deadzone only screen shot I had quickly availableAttachment 5724.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Create a new layout and give these settings a try, they're my personal settings. Like Batts said - be sure you match the dpi in your mouse settings to the dpi you have your mouse set to.

- Oh and the "deadzone" in Xaim refers to the minimum value your mouse will read. So if you have it set to something like, 15, and the game ignores any values that small, your mouse will physically be moving, but your ingame character will not, until you speed your hand motion up and you will feel a "laggy" feeling. Its tough to explain, but you will know what I mean once you feel it :P

Really hope youre gaming soon.
    Last edited by GL0ZZ3N; 2 Weeks Ago at 14:26.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, your inputs are much appreciated.

I gonna give both a try and see how it works out