Topic: RDR 2 On-Line Horse Racing for M & K

Support Staff

User Info Menu

RDR 2 On-Line Horse Racing for M & K

Here's a script that's fun to play with. Put whatever keyboard key you would like to turn the script on/off with in extra slot # 2. The scripts hold LS forward which allows you to steer using your mouse only.

The timing could be a bit better on it spamming A/CROSS. I've tried 60 hold / 30 release (fastest the game will consistently register input) as well as other combinations. The horse gets up to speed real quick and then flattens out. I know they talk about tapping in rhythm will the horse's gallop will lessens stamina burn, but it also seems to affect top speed. Change these two values (at the very top) to experiment with different timing. The LED blinks to the on/off settings (maybe that will help).

int hold = 90; //--time button is pressed
    int delay = 110; //--delay between button presses

Press and hold whatever key you have bound to A/CROSS (usually space bar) to slow-down. As soon as you release it the script will begin spamming A/CROSS again.

I run all in-game sensitivities maxed and as I posted earlier, have dead zone in the mouse settings zero'd out. I wouldn't go messing with your settings just for this. If the reaction/control doesn't feeI right, try commenting out the first line of the script. This one....

deadzone(RX,RY,DZ_CIRCLE,20);

Let me know if you have any issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: RDR 2 On-Line Horse Racing for M & K

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    Here's a script that's fun to play with. Put whatever keyboard key you would like to turn the script on/off with in extra slot # 2. The scripts hold LS forward which allows you to steer using your mouse only.

The timing could be a bit better on it spamming A/CROSS. I've tried 60 hold / 30 release (fastest the game will consistently register input) as well as other combinations. The horse gets up to speed real quick and then flattens out. I know they talk about tapping in rhythm will the horse's gallop will lessens stamina burn, but it also seems to affect top speed. Change these two values (at the very top) to experiment with different timing. The LED blinks to the on/off settings (maybe that will help).

int hold = 90; //--time button is pressed
    int delay = 110; //--delay between button presses

Press and hold whatever key you have bound to A/CROSS (usually space bar) to slow-down. As soon as you release it the script will begin spamming A/CROSS again.

I run all in-game sensitivities maxed and as I posted earlier, have dead zone in the mouse settings zero'd out. I wouldn't go messing with your settings just for this. If the reaction/control doesn't feeI right, try commenting out the first line of the script. This one....

deadzone(RX,RY,DZ_CIRCLE,20);

Let me know if you have any issues.

Try change the hold to 250 ms I found around there makes the stamina drain slowly but doesn't effect speed too much.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fadexz View Post
    Try change the hold to 250 ms I found around there makes the stamina drain slowly but doesn't effect speed too much.
    This is a race. You need as much speed as you can get. People are shooting at you, kicking, hitting...it's pretty fun. Probably ought to put a turbo melee in there. There's barrels you can pick up to refill stamina. It seems to be more of a rhythm type thing.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    This is a race. You need as much speed as you can get. People are shooting at you, kicking, hitting...it's pretty fun. Probably ought to put a turbo melee in there. There's barrels you can pick up to refill stamina. It seems to be more of a rhythm type thing.
    Yeah it is but I guess that's close to it.
    Sorry I didn't read the title and see it was for racing but more efficient use gets you further.