Topic: RDR 2 (On-Line Fishing Script)

Support Staff

User Info Menu

RDR 2 (On-Line Fishing Script)

Make some money and XP

Even after the recent nerf, fishing is still one of the better ways to make money. This a stripped down version of the Auto-Fish script. It requires you to cast (I'll explain later) and after the line hits the water, start the script (tap RB/R1). It will slowly reel, set the hook and reel the fish in. When the fish is raised out of the water, tap A/CROSS to stop reeling. Press the appropriate button to either keep or throw-back the fish. Cast again and repeat.

It doesn't look like there will be any new content until after the first of the year. So for those of you that want to do some farming, here's what I've been doing to make money and XP. I'm sure a lot of you already know most of this stuff and there's probably better/quicker ways, but I'll throw it out there just in case it does help someone. I'm also including a map of the route and locations. Be prepared for my dazzling artistic skills

TIP

Buy the Special Spinner from the bait shop in Lagras. It cost 3 gold but it is well worth it. The Special Spinner will catch any fish in any type of water. Plus the line won't break causing you lose the spinner unlike the other lures.

I lost the Lake Lure 15 minutes after I spent 1 gold bar on it. I was testing a script and never thought about the line-breaking. And no, you can't buy another one until you unlock it at something like level 38 I highly recommend by the Special Spinner.

Steelhead Trout and Sockeye Salmon no longer pay over 4 dollars a piece. They now pay $2.50 a piece. If you have 10 of each, that's $50. Not too bad. Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass pay $2.00 a piece. All together that would be $90 for those fish alone. I've found a couple of places where all 4 spawn somewhat close to each other. Overall this one seems to make more money and XP. They're more animals and birds along the way (if it flies, it dies). There's also 2 enemy camp spawns. One or both will appear almost every time.

The Special Spinner will catch any fish, in any water. Meaning it WILL catch every type of fish in the water you're fishing (big, medium and small). We're after the medium fish. That's why there's no auto-cast. You're going to have to look at what fish are in the water and where they are. Target your cast toward the medium sized fish.

TIP

Activating Eagle Eye when you have the rod equipped allows you to see the fish in the water. This only works when the rod is equipped.

You'll be able to recognize the fish pretty quickly. You will want to cast out in front of the direction the fish is traveling. Typically the fish are in schools of 2 or 3. I have better luck catching fish that are on the outsides or in the back of the overall group of fish. You may see a number of medium sized fish in the very middle, but I've found it's a coin toss as to which fish will bite first.

You need to be as efficient as possible, otherwise you'll catch 5 or 6 small ones to each medium one. If you plan on getting 10 of each, it could take a very long time. After a short time you'll be able to tell what fish is on just by the sound on the reeling and the way the rod bends. I keep all fish until my inventory is full except for the large ones. It can take a couple of minutes to land a 20 lbs channel cat (and you will catch one). As soon and one bites, I just cut line. DO NOT CUT THE LINE IF YOU ARE USING ONE OF THE OTHER LURES....YOU WILL LOSE THE LURE! You can only keep one stowed on your horse and they only sell for $7.25.

I'll quickly explain what I do and you should be able to see what I'm talking about on this...

I jump on the railroad tracks by the butcher and follow them out. Starting around the gold box, farm alligators and anything that flies. Alligators are 15 XP each and birds are 10. I skin or pick-up any birds I knock down. Watch for 3 star carcasses on the more rare birds (Pelicans, Herons, Loons and if it's an Owl definitely strap that to your horse). I'll skin some alligators just to keep a full supply of big-game meat otherwise just pop them and move on. You can pick up a perfect skin on the way back.

TIP

Weapons
    You definitely need a Varmint Rifle (birds/small animals) and I would suggest the Bolt Action Rifle. This will allow you to get one-shot kills on alligators plus perfect pelts on deer/pigs and others. It's worth the money to upgrade the barrel and iron sites on the Varmint Rifle (accuracy and distance). Once you get the timing down, you show be able to knock down and entire flight of 6 or 7 while you're on horseback moving.

Buy some gun oil and keep your weapon clean or have them cleaned every time you're at the gunsmith. On-line weapon seem to degrade faster than single-player ones.

There is a Pelican spawn around the small gold box. It's worth a quick check. Their feathers still pay a decent price. I fish for Smallmouth Bass first. Look in the back and on the sides of the overall group. You'll normally see some small school there. Cast out past and in front of where they are. The player symbol on the map is the area where I have the best luck in. If you cast right, you should be able to have 10 Smallmouth in about 15 cast or so.

I then clear one or both of the camp spawns. It takes a little time but it's descent XP and there's always a chance for a treasure map to drop. I cross over to the other side of the river. I put a small symbol where I normally fish. Sockeye are pretty easy to catch. Again look on the sides and you should have 10 pretty quick.

Steelhead always takes the longest. I don't know if there's fewer of them or there's just so many of the little ones. I move back and forth on either side of the bridge. I haven't found a spot where you can catch them repeatedly. I usually catch one every 4th or 5th fish. This is where the catfish appear (you can't miss them). Like I said whenever one gets on, I just cut the line.

WARNING

Around the bridge is a prime spot for grievers. Something about a man holding a rod and minding his own business is irresistible to some. I've been shot, knifed, snipped, lassoed, hogtied and drowned. It doesn't help that your mini-map is hidden when your line is in the water. You don't even see them coming.

TIP

When starting out join Free Roam, New Austin and fast-travel to Saint Denis. Most players in that lobby will be in the New Austin area. You should have Lemoyne to yourself for a little while anyway.

I cross back over the river at the bridge and go past the houseboat to where the river narrows. You're back in alligators and also a good spot for birds overhead. If it's early morning/late evening I'll stop fishing for just a bit and kill anything that flies by. Largemouth are pretty easy. The biggest problem is that the river is really narrow and at times 8, 10 or more of those big cats will clog the entire river. It can be hard to find a spot to cast.

Once I'm done there its just a quick ride across over to the railroad. Farming whatever is there as I pass by. A quick trip down the railroad track and you're at the butcher. I average over $150 a trip. Most times closer to $200 or more (depends on the number and types of birds).

Anyway here's the script. Hope some of that helps. and let me know if you've got questions.

Last edited by Batts; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: RDR 2 (On-Line Fishing Script)

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    Make some money and XP

Even after the recent nerf, fishing is still one of the better ways to make money. This a stripped down version of the Auto-Fish script. It requires you to cast (I'll explain later) and after the line hits the water, start the script (tap RB/R1). It will slowly reel, set the hook and reel the fish in. When the fish is raised out of the water, tap A/CROSS to stop reeling. Press the appropriate button to either keep or throw-back the fish. Cast again and repeat.
    So much information.

Maybe a video would be been nicer for the routes you take but all good I sorta know what you mean.

Also a little tip I saw somewhere, apparently you can use the RDR2 app on your phone to see the map when you are fishing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fadexz For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I hope you enjoyed it, I hope you got something out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbew5t05VWs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DeejayDizze For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

In the fishing, can the author be based on the original footsteps?
    Add an automatic LS jitter for the function of the fishing rod. This saves the rocker from being worn and can also free the hands.

Thanks

I don't speak English. This is Google Translate. I don’t know if I can express it.
    Last edited by lhj5426; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:27.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Now is the automatic curly fish line but the fit in the fish struggle also needs manual LS to increase the speed of a fish when the automatic LS

Continue to close when not struggling

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lhj5426 View Post
    Now is the automatic curly fish line but the fit in the fish struggle also needs manual LS to increase the speed of a fish when the automatic LS

Continue to close when not struggling
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

When fishing for large fish, the fish will struggle. Can you add a left joystick when the fish is struggling? Automatically shake the action when the fish struggles.
    Continue to close the line when you are not struggling. If the fish is struggling, stop the line and continue to shake.

When fishing for large fish, the fish will struggle, can you add a left rocker automatic shake processing and struggling action when struggling, and in abnormal time continue to close the line,

Sorry, I don't know English. The above expressions are all Google translation. I hope developers can understand.
    Last edited by lhj5426; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:47.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

When fishing for large fish, the fish will struggle. Can you add a left joystick when the fish is struggling? Automatically shake the action when the fish struggles.
    Continue to close the line when you are not struggling. If the fish is struggling, stop the line and continue to shake.
    Ok, I think I understand now. It does stop reeling when the fish is fighting. It also pushes down on RS/R3 to keep the fish from taking line. Large fish take a while to land. Trying doing it without the script and see. I've messed with the timing of pulling back on LS while reeling but haven't got that exactly right. See if this helps any. When it stops reeling it will also pull back on LS. I don't have time to test it right now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Ok, thank you for your help.
    I will go and test it.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

At present, when the fish is struggling, it will not automatically run. The left rocker prevents the fish from struggling.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Is this left joystick
    Shake back and forth to prevent fish from struggling

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Is this left joystick
    Shake back and forth to prevent fish from struggling
    I'm not sure why your LS is going back and forth. The script does not touch LX (left & right movement). What button layout are you using?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

The hints in the game say that when the fish is struggling, it is necessary to slash around LS. Is it not necessary?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Because the game prompts, so every time the fish struggles

I will push back and forth madly. Left stick for left and right translation.

So I want the script to add an action that automatically moves the left joystick to the left and right when the fish is struggling. . .

Is this prompt in the game wrong?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

My picture means to express
    The function needed is this when the fish is struggling, quickly panning left and right

Instead of saying that the script is like this

I want to say that the script is missing this action.

Google Translate Is the translation error? Is it wrong to understand?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lhj5426 For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

My picture means to express
    The function needed is this when the fish is struggling, quickly panning left and right

Instead of saying that the script is like this

I want to say that the script is missing this action.

Google Translate Is the translation error? Is it wrong to understand?
    The way I understand it is that you move LS in the opposite direction the fish is pulling when fighting. The script has no way of know which direction that is. I don't think you move it back and forth like that. But if you want that...

Give me a bit, I've got errands to run. I will add that and post it when I get back.
    Last edited by Batts; 4 Weeks Ago at 14:23.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

If you can add, thank you very much

In order to let the fish quickly stop when fighting the fish, it is still necessary. -

Waiting for good news

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Amazing script !
    Love it

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Great script! Works flawless.

To watch for trouble coming your way ,what You want to do is use the red dead app on a tablet or phone as a second screen and use the map there.
    It doesn’t close or black out when fishing allowing you too keep a eye on the entire map if you want. The Second screen map is a invaluable tool for playing this game while doing anything imo.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo Mjolnir For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hi dudes,

Man, I would like if the reel can it be faster to bring the fish?

thanks a lot

Anderson

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anderson_tsn View Post
    Hi dudes,

Man, I would like if the reel can it be faster to bring the fish?

thanks a lot

Anderson
    That's as fast as the game will reel.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Humm, ok sorry I will test again, coz another code the reel was turn slow, I try change the code wait but dont have a good results.
    But I will test this code now. Thanks again !

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Humm, ok sorry I will test again, coz another code the reel was turn slow, I try change the code wait but dont have a good results.
    But I will test this code now. Thanks again !
    There's two speeds. It will reel slow until hooking a fish. Then fast reel to land it.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Galera pra mim esse bobinho de código fica lento Eu não sei o que acontecendo

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

hi to me this silly code is slow I do not know what going on

Support Staff

User Info Menu

hi to me this silly code is slow I do not know what going on
    You must have changed something. Works fine for everyone else.