Topic: Help with creating a layout for trackball ( aiming assist or auto aim ) Xbox One

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Help with creating a layout for trackball ( aiming assist or auto aim ) Xbox One

Hi Guys, I dont know if its possible but I play call of duty 4 and ghost recon and wantes to know if you can create a layout that help you with your aiming ....

Im using a quadstick for buttons and movement and for look its my trackball ...... All this connected in a cronus in a xbox one.

thanks and Happy New Year
    Terry

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Help with creating a layout for trackball ( aiming assist or auto aim ) Xbox One

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTLB View Post
    Hi Guys, I dont know if its possible but I play call of duty 4 and ghost recon and wantes to know if you can create a layout that help you with your aiming ....

Im using a quadstick for buttons and movement and for look its my trackball ...... All this connected in a cronus in a xbox one.

thanks and Happy New Year
    Terry
    Congrats man...looks like you're up and going

So your trackball hooks into the quad-stick correct? And you use the trackball to move your aim around? (Sorry for a thousand questions but I've got a couple of ideas depending on how that set-up works). When just aiming (aiming down sights (ADS) hows the movement, too fast...not fast enough or just hard to control?

If it makes it easier, you just can answer with something like...

1 - Yes
    2 - Yes
    3 - No, you're a moron

We can start with a basic aim assist script. Should work a bit with Call of Duty. Gives it what's call "sticky aim". It won't lock on to a target and track it, but it does help somewhat.

In CronusPro select the "Compiler" tab at the bottom of the window and then select the "New" icon in the upper left part of the window.

Attachment 5811

Then come back here and hit the "Select All" button below...

Right Click in the window above and select "Copy". Back to CronusPro >> Right Click >> Select All >> Right Click >> Paste. You can Save the file or leave it as New (doesn't matter). Open X-AIM and select "Layout Options" >> "Load GPC Script"

Attachment 5812

At the bottom of the X-AIM window it should say "New" or whatever you named the file if you saved it. When you're ready select "Enter Capture Mode" and the script will be running.

Let me know if that helps at all. I'm going to try to get a little smarter about the quad-stick and how it operates. One last question...what type of trackball?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Re: Help with creating a layout for trackball ( aiming assist or auto aim ) Xbox One

Hello For answering Your questions here are the steps Im doing.... I will try your mouse setup after super …. I need help connecting & unplugging the cronus

1 open xbox
    2 plug cronus
    3 plug xbox controller & unplug
    4 plug quadstick
    5 plug computer with trackball in pcprog in cronus

My trackball is a Kensington expert mouse wired

thanks
    Terry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlienTLB For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hello Batts, I tried your mouse setting and its better ..... I need it to be a little faster because right now my speeds are all maxed and it need to be a little faster. here are my setups

1 open xbox 1
    2 plug cronus
    4 plug quadstick

thanks
    Terry

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Hello Batts, I tried your mouse setting and its better ..... I need it to be a little faster because right now my speeds are all maxed and it need to be a little faster. here are my setups

1 open xbox 1
    2 plug cronus
    4 plug quadstick

thanks
    Terry
    Cool. Faster we can do. Here's another video that GL0ZZ3N made Mouse Settings. I'm a little tied up right now, but if you get a chance check it out. It walks you through X-Aim's mouse configurations settings. With some tweaks we'll give it moving to your liking. Here's my current mouse setting for reference...

Attachment 5821

One thing we need to figure out is the DPI of your Trackball. I did a little research on your trackball earlier. Did it come with some configuration software that allows you to adjust it?
    Last edited by Batts; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:06.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hi Batts, I tried to modify like in the vide you sent but I think I'm making it worst lol.... my trackball dpi is 1000 and I hope you can figure someway to help me buddy .

thanks
    terry

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Hi Batts, I tried to modify like in the vide you sent but I think I'm making it worst lol.... my trackball dpi is 1000 and I hope you can figure someway to help me buddy .

thanks
    terry
    No problem. Tweaking these settings always take a while. And each game seems to be a little different. Glad you found the dpi of your trackball. It's one of the very important setting. Lets start with these settings.....

Attachment 5825

Go ahead and make your setting the same as in the pic and I'll give you a bit of a description of what they do.

Smoothness is exactly what is sounds like. The higher the settings the smoother the in-game movement is. To high off a setting will make it feel "mushy" and dragging. You'll start to notice a bit of a delay between when you move the trackball and on-screen movement. Too low of a setting can make it jerky and jumpy. So we have to find a good balance.

Acceleration affects has fast or slow movement is based on the speed you move the trackball. Most games have in-game acceleration, they were built with a controller joystick in mind. The longer you hold that joystick in one direction, the faster the movement will become. We actually want to reduce that some. Too high of a setting and the cross-hairs will just take off if you move the trackball rapidly. To low and it starts to not pick-up small movements.

Sensitivity is like a multiplier. It takes the input and increase it based on the setting. If in-game movement is to slow we can increase it or decrease if to fast. Acceleration and Sensitivity both affect on screen movement. So again, we need to find the right balance for you.

DeadZone allow us to set a threshold for input. Basically ignoring input below a certain level.

Mouse DPI...this is an important one. That's why I was asking about the dpi of the track. This needs to be set to match your trackball dpi (1000);

Those are the important one. Change your settings to match those and see how it feels. Don't worry if it's crazy out of control or very unresponsive. We're just trying to get a base-line here.

One other important thing. Set all in-game sensitivity settings to MAX. The highest they will go.

Test it out. Make sure to try each type of movement....general moving and panning around (no-aiming)....sprinting....and of course aiming. Tell me what it feels like and we'll go from there.
    Last edited by Batts; 2 Weeks Ago at 17:45.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

it's better I will try changing things on my own …. if I fail I will give you a buzz

thanks buddy
    Terry