Topic: Complete noob alert. Need help before even using a gamepack or script.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Complete noob alert. Need help before even using a gamepack or script.

So, I am wanting to use a gamepack or script but, I have so many questions before I even attempt it because, as the title says, I am a complete noob; not to video games ( I played video games in the 80s and 90s) but to fortnite type games and mods. For the moments I am just looking to play Fortnite with my young sons. I have purchased the Cronusmax+. I am one Xbox one using a regular controller. I'd like to begin using mods but, I am overwhelmed and was wondering you the community would answer some very basic (noob) questions I have (for Fortnite mods). I have tried researching and have read some information on it but, I am still at a loss. So, here goes:

1) What exactly is jitter or advanced jitter? Is this a mod?

2) How exactly does aim-abuse work? I know that aim-abuse has to do with the in-game aim-assist but, how exactly does it work. Once I aim at a player and press the ADS(?) trigger, will the abuse take over? I mean do I have to move the camera analog stick (R) or the sprint analog stick (L) to keep it working or will the aim-abuse simply follow the player? I have tried using both a gamepack and script but, I still have no idea how to use it.

3) What does ADS exactly mean?

4) I notice on some packs or scripts (like in WalterH and Excalibur's 2.6) that there is a seperate mode that is called "Aim Assist" mod. So this is a two-part question:

a) What is the difference between this Aim assistm mod and the in-game Aim assist?

b) What is the difference between the Aim assist mod and the Aim abuse mod?

5) What exactly is the 100% accuracy mod?

6) What exactly is the Pump/SMG mod?

Ugh... So many questions. I'm lost. Thx in advance.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Complete noob alert. Need help before even using a gamepack or script.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash8789 View Post
    So, I am wanting to use a gamepack or script but, I have so many questions before I even attempt it because, as the title says, I am a complete noob; not to video games ( I played video games in the 80s and 90s) but to fortnite type games and mods. For the moments I am just looking to play Fortnite with my young sons. I have purchased the Cronusmax+. I am one Xbox one using a regular controller. I'd like to begin using mods but, I am overwhelmed and was wondering you the community would answer some very basic (noob) questions I have (for Fortnite mods). I have tried researching and have read some information on it but, I am still at a loss. So, here goes:

1) What exactly is jitter or advanced jitter? Is this a mod?

2) How exactly does aim-abuse work? I know that aim-abuse has to do with the in-game aim-assist but, how exactly does it work. Once I aim at a player and press the ADS(?) trigger, will the abuse take over? I mean do I have to move the camera analog stick (R) or the sprint analog stick (L) to keep it working or will the aim-abuse simply follow the player? I have tried using both a gamepack and script but, I still have no idea how to use it.

3) What does ADS exactly mean?

4) I notice on some packs or scripts (like in WalterH and Excalibur's 2.6) that there is a seperate mode that is called "Aim Assist" mod. So this is a two-part question:

a) What is the difference between this Aim assistm mod and the in-game Aim assist?

b) What is the difference between the Aim assist mod and the Aim abuse mod?

5) What exactly is the 100% accuracy mod?

6) What exactly is the Pump/SMG mod?

Ugh... So many questions. I'm lost. Thx in advance.
    1) A jitter mod is a glitch in the game that allows you to reset the cooldown before you can shoot again basically making any non-auto weapon shoot as fast as the buttons can be inputted. It usually involves switching to equipment (or doing other things) then back to the weapon so it removes the cooldown timer. (This glitch doesn't exist in Fortnite)

2) Aim abuse as its called most of the time is more accurately an aim assist lock on spammer. Basically what happens in most non-pvp games/modes is that if you aim down sights it will direct you to your target to make it easier to aim. It will just spam LT to keep repeating this lock on over and over as it only happens when you first press the trigger. Fortnite for some reason (probably to make the game easier for the average player) has aim assist lock on in its pvp mode which is odd compare to most games and makes it very useful.

3) ADS stands for Aim Down Sights - Looking down your scope (Holding LT)

4 a) The aim assist mod uses the in-game aim assist and makes use of it more by making it stronger as intended, it is usually called aim assist slow down. Aim assist slow down works when you hover over a target it will slow your movement down so it makes it an easier target. The aim assist slow down abuser works by constantly moving back and fourth rapidly over a target in tiny amounts to make it not too noticeable and to stay on the target. The slowdown works by when you are moving past the target but if you are always moving it tricks it into all making it strong as you are moving very fast always.

4 b) Mostly already explained above but aim abuse which really should be called by the community as aim assist lock on abuser (but you know its sounds better that's why) it will spam the lock on to lock onto a target, then aim assist or aim assist slowdown abuser well its makes you just slow down over the target more stronger. Both together makes you lock onto the target and follow the target after aiming as it makes the slow down in a way follow the target because it stays in this "bubble" that it likes to stay inside. Together they work to follow the target better.

5) 100% accuracy is a feature in the game where if you stay still you will get 100% accuracy (you will see the aim pointer/crosshair get smaller when you get 100% accuracy). What the mod does is stop you quickly then shoot after to get 100% accuracy. (I'm pretty sure this is how it works from memory)

6) Pump/SMG mod is where if you shoot your pump shotgun it will instantly switch to the SMG for you to finish off the opponent so you don't need to wait for the pump shotgun to be able to shoot again.

Hopefully that answers everything, that took me a while.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Thank you for the explanation. When one finally does answer and takes the time to help another, it is greatly appreciated. I did have a few more questions regarding your explanation to make sure I am following.

1)
    Regarding the jitter mod, you said “This glitch doesn't exist in Fortnite” but, I see it in the demo for the Walter H & Excalibur Pack located here http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...ght=walter+2.6. Is it that one different than what you explained?

2) I think I understand the Aim Abuse but let me make sure. This is simply the zooming in and out of the ADS which, when you are around your target it brings the crosshairs to the target. So, two questions:

a) Am I correct in my above understand of Aim Abuse?

b) Is this what causes the screen shake?

3) I think I understand the Aim abuse but let me make sure. The in-game Aim assist (which I haven’t noticed works for me on my xbox one) is the side movement in which the movement slows down to help you lock on to your target better and this is what the aim assist mod deals with. Am I correct?

I think I understand everything else so I guess the most important question I have to ask is this: Since the Aim Abuse and Aim assist Mod work together, Is it necessary to move the character or camera to keep them active or, once they lock on to the target, will they follow the target without any input from me other than firing?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Slash8789; 1 Week Ago at 18:43.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Thank you for the explanation. When one finally does answer and takes the time to help another, it is greatly appreciated. I did have a few more questions regarding your explanation to make sure I am following.

1)
    Regarding the jitter mod, you said “This glitch doesn't exist in Fortnite” but, I see it in the demo for the Walter H & Excalibur Pack located here http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...ght=walter+2.6. Is it that one different than what you explained?

2) I think I understand the Aim Abuse but let me make sure. This is simply the zooming in and out of the ADS which, when you are around your target it brings the crosshairs to the target. So, two questions:

a) Am I correct in my above understand of Aim Abuse?

b) Is this what causes the screen shake?

3) I think I understand the Aim abuse but let me make sure. The in-game Aim assist (which I haven’t noticed works for me on my xbox one) is the side movement in which the movement slows down to help you lock on to your target better and this is what the aim assist mod deals with. Am I correct?

I think I understand everything else so I guess the most important question I have to ask is this: Since the Aim Abuse and Aim assist Mod work together, Is it necessary to move the character or camera to keep them active or, once they lock on to the target, will they follow the target without any input from me other than firing?

Thank you in advance.
    1) I can't see any jitter mod anywhere on that post. Make sure you don't confuse it with rapid fire which just simply taps the trigger for you fast.

2) It only locks onto the target while you aim in (press the button), you just need to release it to be able to press it again to make it lock on again.

2 a) Pretty much, you would know from what I stated above, its the start of the press that makes it lock on.

2 b) Yes, the screen shake is it making the aim assist stronger, unfortunately they tried increasing the deadzone (deadzone is the movement from the center that is not registered to prevent inputs if the stick is slightly off-centre resting) and other things to stop this from being less noticeable.

3) Yes, it will mess with the aim assist slow down to make it stronger by constantly going left and right. It should follow the target mostly but it may fall off if the target moves fast across the screen.

You don't need to move your aim for it to track, really your aim is always moving because it's always moving left and right in small amounts and spamming LT to adjust to the target when you aim down sights.

Also a small mistake I made in the last post, 100% accuracy mod just is timed firing that shoot when the 100% accuracy is ready again because its is lost after you shoot for a few hundred milliseconds.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Thanks again for the explanations. Since I'm still a noob I need to ask a few more questions.
    To address the numbered points you made:

1) That is strange because on the demo video I clearly see it says "Advanced Jitter" and I see switching between weapons (something I would have never noticed without your explanation).

2) So, you're saying that I still need to spam the ADS in order to make the Aim Abuse work even though the mod is supposed to be doing it for me? That seems to defeat the purpose of the Aim-Abuse mod but, maybe I misunderstood you?

2 b) You said "unfortunately they tried increasing the deadzone"; Why is this unfortunate? Doesn't that help?

3) On point 3, I actually meant Aim-Assist in my last post, not Aim-Abuse. My question here is, why isn't this working for me? Not the mod, just the regular in-game Aim-Assist. I am on xbox one and I do have it set to on. Maybe I'm still not understanding Aim-Assist. Is this not a slow-down over the target when I am moving the crosshairs across the screen or is this that slight "pulling in" of the crosshairs into the target when I press the ADS?

4. So, in one place you said" It should follow the target mostly but it may fall off if the target moves fast across the screen" but in another place you said "You don't need to move your aim for it to track, really your aim is always moving because it's always moving left and right in small amounts and spamming LT to adjust to the target when you aim down sights". I'm a little confused on this one.

Thank you in advance.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Thanks again for the explanations. Since I'm still a noob I need to ask a few more questions.
    To address the numbered points you made:

1) That is strange because on the demo video I clearly see it says "Advanced Jitter" and I see switching between weapons (something I would have never noticed without your explanation).

2) So, you're saying that I still need to spam the ADS in order to make the Aim Abuse work even though the mod is supposed to be doing it for me? That seems to defeat the purpose of the Aim-Abuse mod but, maybe I misunderstood you?

2 b) You said "unfortunately they tried increasing the deadzone"; Why is this unfortunate? Doesn't that help?

3) On point 3, I actually meant Aim-Assist in my last post, not Aim-Abuse. My question here is, why isn't this working for me? Not the mod, just the regular in-game Aim-Assist. I am on xbox one and I do have it set to on. Maybe I'm still not understanding Aim-Assist. Is this not a slow-down over the target when I am moving the crosshairs across the screen or is this that slight "pulling in" of the crosshairs into the target when I press the ADS?

4. So, in one place you said" It should follow the target mostly but it may fall off if the target moves fast across the screen" but in another place you said "You don't need to move your aim for it to track, really your aim is always moving because it's always moving left and right in small amounts and spamming LT to adjust to the target when you aim down sights". I'm a little confused on this one.

Thank you in advance.
    1) I guess its just faster weapon swaps.

2) It spams ADS for you but I was saying that's how you would do it, that is how it is done.

2 b) It means it can't do smaller movements so the screen has to shake more.
    There's two different types of aim assist, they aren't one.
    Aim assist slowdown slows down over the target while aim assist lock on guides you onto the target.

3) Using it normally you should notice a slight slowdown when passing an enemy with your aim.

4) It can only keep up with movement so fast because it will start to drop off as it can't keep up with fast moving targets, it can only go so fast. I said its always moving as when you aim its doing all the work for you pressing LT and moving your Right Stick left and right in small amounts, fast.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fadexz For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I think I finally understand everything. My Aim Assist (Aim Assist lock-on & Aim Assist slow-down) is indeed working; I just wasn't understanding it before your explanations. Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me understand. Now I just need to go figure out how to work the scripts. That'll be in other posts I suppose. Thx again.