Topic: Logitech G502 - Apex Legends

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Logitech G502 - Apex Legends

These official mouse tuning guides will show you how to setup your Mice software settings, Cronus Pro X-AIM settings and In-game settings so that they work to perfection - as played by our own team of professionals.

[SIZE=5]Mouse: Cronus PRO then upgrade your CronusMAX PLUS to the latest Firmware

INFO

With the latest X-AIM (v1.11+), you no longer have to disconnect the PS4 or XB1 controller (once it has authenticated) or have it connected to a USB hub before you start to tune your mouse settings. By default the values from the CM Input are now blocked. This is very important - it's so that no values are read from the controller and everything starts from zero. Before this new feature was introduced, many users were tuning their mouse with the controller still connected and wondering why their mouse was sluggish when turning one way and not the other, or only turned left and not right. This was because their analog stick was not sitting at zero and was affecting the mouse output.

This feature cures that. You can also disable the feature so that the controller Input can be read (if you want to use mouse and controller at the same time). Naturally you should do this AFTER you have tuned your mouse.

Simply untick these options in X-AIM:

You first need to get your DPI, Polling Rate, and Mouse Layout set up correctly.

Create a profile in the Logitech Gaming Software to match the one shown below:

1. Take note of the mouse buttons that have been re-mapped to a keypress (in this case numbers 0, 8 and 9) - as the default functions change your DPI and Mouse Profile which you don't want to do.
    2. Assign your Default DPI to 2400
    3. DPI Shift can be any number you choose, but should ALWAYS be lower than your Default DPI
    4. Assign your Polling Rate to 500

PC SOFTWARE SETTINGS

CRONUS PRO (X-AIM) SETTINGS

Create a new X-AIM layout and map your keys like so:
    You can of course choose any layout you like, however this is one I recommend for this game. If you have any issues setting up X-AIM, follow these instructions: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147133

Configure your mouse settings in X-AIM (Layout options > Mouse Settings)
    Match the mouse settings in your layout to look EXACTLY like the image below:

Remember to match your Mouse DPI to the default DPI you set in the Logitech Gaming Software (in this case 2400). This is VERY important.

IN GAME SETTINGS

Next, you will need to open the in-game options menu, and raise your sensitivity settings to the maximum.

1. NEVER lower the in-game sensitivity when playing with a mouse. This will cause a delay with your mouse and give you a "lag" feeling.
    2. Keep your Button Layout set as the DEFAULT configuration.

Feel free to leave comments and feedback below. We'd also love to hear your suggestions if you made any adjustments to these settings.
    Last edited by GL0ZZ3N; 5 Days Ago at 22:19.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Logitech G502 - Apex Legends

Cool, I was hoping to see a custom small deadzone but that would be done with a script.
    Nice work!

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

There is option to disable dead zone completely. This leads to buttery smooth mouse control. But! Is it possible to disable right stick input from controller, because of drifting? With gpc or something? Hope you understand me.

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by headvox View Post
    There is option to disable dead zone completely. This leads to buttery smooth mouse control. But! Is it possible to disable right stick input from controller, because of drifting? With gpc or something? Hope you understand me.

into X-AIM options, put the tick on 'Ignore CM Controller Input' as it ensures that no values are read from the authentication controller which can adversely affect the performance of the mouse.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Problem is that I'm using controller for movement and mouse for aim. So I can't disable it completely. I need to disable only right stick. Maybe it can be done with some script. But I don't understand that stuff.

upd: also when I choosing to ignore controller input, I keep getting constant upward drift.
    Last edited by headvox; 1 Week Ago at 16:19.

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Problem is that I'm using controller for movement and mouse for aim. So I can't disable it completely. I need to disable only right stick. Maybe it can be done with some script. But I don't understand that stuff.

upd: also when I choosing to ignore controller input, I keep getting constant upward drift.
    We disable the auth controller because your thumbstick never sits in the center, it has a bit of wobble to it. The low in-game deadzone is what is allowing those very small and otherwise ignored thumbstick values to cause your aim to drift around. I would recommend authorizing, then unplugging your controller and setting all the buttons you want to use up in Xaim, this way your thumbstick will not be causing any unwanted movement in-game and you still get to use the rest of your controller, just as your normally would.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Inverted view ingame settings? Seems wierd.

Also what are the 0,9 buttons for on the mouse?

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bunhoney View Post
    Inverted view ingame settings? Seems wierd.

Also what are the 0,9 buttons for on the mouse?
    Obviously inverted look is just a personal preference..

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GL0ZZ3N View Post
    We disable the auth controller because your thumbstick never sits in the center, it has a bit of wobble to it. The low in-game deadzone is what is allowing those very small and otherwise ignored thumbstick values to cause your aim to drift around. I would recommend authorizing, then unplugging your controller and setting all the buttons you want to use up in Xaim, this way your thumbstick will not be causing any unwanted movement in-game and you still get to use the rest of your controller, just as your normally would.
    Not sure if I understand you correctly. How exactly disconnecting my gamepad will eliminate drifting? As far I understand there is no way to disable output of right analog only. So I will wait delivery of my PS navigation controller.
    Last edited by headvox; 1 Week Ago at 11:14. Reason: Grammar

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

What about third person game such as tomb rider??

Support Staff

User Info Menu

You can add a small deadzone of like 3% and just put the stick close to the middle as you can.
    You can’t disable it cause both of those methods apply it to your mouse and controller.
    One thing I can think of that could work is you could unmap it then use some custom buttons for each axis then set the value of those to the stick. If that will work, I think it will if you can set custom buttons to the right stick movement.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hasangoli View Post
    What about third person game such as tomb rider??
    Tomb Raider doesn’t have a deadzone option, the point of why you couldn’t disable the input is because you also wanted to use it. The game has a deadzone so the stick movement won’t take effect until you move but you will be sort of fighting against the stick if the input is enabled. Just imagine the stick adds 2% extra to the mouse movement if you move it around.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Not having any luck with this game. This is the closest to "good" I've gotten it but it's still very far off and when I run the circle test it's running up and to the right. Settings below.

Attachment 5936

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Not sure if I understand you correctly. How exactly disconnecting my gamepad will eliminate drifting? As far I understand there is no way to disable output of right analog only. So I will wait delivery of my PS navigation controller.
    Because xaim blocks the AUTH controller. Tjen you plug your controller into your pc, then map its buttons in Xaim. I can record quick video on my cell to show you

Quote Originally Posted by bishoppx View Post
    Not having any luck with this game. This is the closest to "good" I've gotten it but it's still very far off and when I run the circle test it's running up and to the right. Settings below.

Attachment 5936
    Well, your settings look NOTHING like the screenshots above. I would recommend matching both your mouse settings AND your in-game settings to match the screenshots.
    Also be sure that your DPI on your mouse is the same as the DPI you enter into Xaim. - So if your mouse uses 800dpi and that's what you have it set to, use that value in xaim too.
    Last edited by GL0ZZ3N; 1 Week Ago at 18:02.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I think the settings are spot on. Great job!

I just changed inverted around and added some binds to my G502.

Thanks GLOzz

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bunhoney View Post
    I think the settings are spot on. Great job!

I just changed inverted around and added some binds to my G502.

Thanks GLOzz
    Sure thing, glad they're working out for you
    As always, anything and everything can be tweaked to your own personal preference.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GL0ZZ3N View Post
    Well, your settings look NOTHING like the screenshots above. I would recommend matching both your mouse settings AND your in-game settings to match the screenshots.
    Also be sure that your DPI on your mouse is the same as the DPI you enter into Xaim. - So if your mouse uses 800dpi and that's what you have it set to, use that value in xaim too.
    I started out matching the settings that were posted and I was having the same issue.

And yes, my DPI set in the Logitech Gaming Software is matching the DPI set in X-aim.

Still having the issue with it pulling up and right.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Now I got it. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I used these settings with a cheap ProHT mouse and it works amazing. Only thing I substituted for was the "DPI" of my mouse.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Comanche For This Useful Post:

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
    I used these settings with a cheap ProHT mouse and it works amazing. Only thing I substituted for was the "DPI" of my mouse.
    That's actually EXACTLY what you're supposed to do. The X-Aim mouse settings are the same for all mice.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hey i was wondering if anyone has run into the issue where the substitue for holding the health button down to get the wheel so u can change to med kit, shield cell, syringe etc doesnt work.

no matter what i set that to, it always will only let me do a single use. If im already full health but need to do shield, i cant do so...

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Palfyy View Post
    Hey i was wondering if anyone has run into the issue where the substitue for holding the health button down to get the wheel so u can change to med kit, shield cell, syringe etc doesnt work.

no matter what i set that to, it always will only let me do a single use. If im already full health but need to do shield, i cant do so...
    I use the "F" key on my keyboard, to bring up the little "wheel" that has all the different items in it, I simply hold the button down.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi how can enable anti recoil mod by mouse in apex legends (Xbox one)

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi, thanks. WOrks great. Anyone got a good aim-abuse or recoil script running with mouse/keyboard combo on x-aim? for me nothing works.