Topic: Keyboard combos to button presses

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Question Keyboard combos to button presses

Is it possible to write scripts or setup keyboard button combinations to perform specific controller button logic? I know how to do a direct mapping of 1 to 1, but I want to do something like.. double tap my tab key and have it push the start button.. but I dont want the tab key actually mapped to the start button on the controller. Hope that makes sense.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Keyboard combos to button presses

Quote Originally Posted by z1haze View Post
    Is it possible to write scripts or setup keyboard button combinations to perform specific controller button logic? I know how to do a direct mapping of 1 to 1, but I want to do something like.. double tap my tab key and have it push the start button.. but I dont want the tab key actually mapped to the start button on the controller. Hope that makes sense.
    Look at the plug-in X-AIM.

Didn't realize your the same guy from the other thread. The extra input slots in X-Aim. Take a keyboard key that is not already bound to a controller button/trigger and put it in Extra_Slot #1....say F1 for example. In the script....

define F1 = 21; // cmu_extra slot #1

You can take whatever action you need when that key is pressed. Output from the original key press is forwarded however those controller buttons are rarely used by a game . More Info Here
    Last edited by Batts; 1 Week Ago at 01:26.