PDA

View Full Version : neeed SFV help

Bassline204
21st July 16, 10:33
hey guys

I need help

As you well known if you press forward and back for the streetfighter V script this leads to forward. very usefull for covering both sides with the same button

However i need the same for the back input. i need to press back no matter which side i'm on. How do you do this

As the post says i need to always get back input. do you guys know how to do this

Swizzy
21st July 16, 12:07
What do you mean? Input is what YOU do, are you talking about sending a button it's as easy as putting set_val(button, 100); in the main section of a GPC script

Sent from my SM-G903F

Bassline204
21st July 16, 13:41
i mean if you script right and left at the same time you always get forward. i am wondering what to do to always get back.

it's really important for moves that use back input cos if you don't have it you have to have 2 buttons for different sides which is hard to play with

KittyDawn
21st July 16, 19:44
Sorry but that makes no sense at all and have some patience please. Do not create another thread and await a reply in your original thread.

Bassline204
23rd July 16, 06:15
i'm sorry it does make sense. if you took a moment to think about it instead of being rude

WHITE 4ND N3RDY
23rd July 16, 10:33
I kinda get what your implying but there's a lot of blank area in your request. There are forward/back combos that are activated with say R3 press and anologe movement via forward or back. Depending on what side your on you can have the same combo ran with left to right or right to left movement. Ex.PC Code: select all
//Author: WHITE 4ND N3RDY\\
//Reptile (Nimble) Normal & Overhead 1 Bar 16-17 hit 34-36% damage combo\\
//Instructions: For normal use must be upclose. Hold forward "RS" (In direction of enemy)\\
//For overhead combo must be up close. If your player is facing right then "RS down" Will perform overhead combo\\
//If your player is facing left "RS up" will perform the overhead combo. U can cancle ANY combo by letting go of "RS"\\
//Notes: I have not tested this online!!! This code can be used for ANY compatible controller on the CM's roster.\\

int Forward;
int Back;

main {

// right normalcombo
if (get_val (9) >= 60) {
Forward=16;Back=15;
combo_run (normalcombo)
}
// left normalcombo
if (get_val (9) <= -60) {
Forward=15;Back=16;
combo_run (normalcombo)
}
// normalcombo cancel
if (get_val (9) >= -20 && get_val (9) <= 20) {
combo_stop (normalcombo)
} This is a basic example of forward working on both sides and back working on both sides. Now your gray area is u want back to work on both sides which this can do with easy editing, but it has to run a combo and have a key button to activate the combo be that L3 click or R3 click on most fight game examples. So what do u want to run in the combo? If your implying this to work for some block technique it won't work very well. It basically would be too complicated and would be easier just blocking as normal. Again I'm just assuming what your trying to achieve our of this.

iceorphen
17th September 16, 18:46
I kinda get what your implying but there's a lot of blank area in your request. There are forward/back combos that are activated with say R3 press and anologe movement via forward or back. Depending on what side your on you can have the same combo ran with left to right or right to left movement. Ex.PC Code: select all
//Author: WHITE 4ND N3RDY\\
//Reptile (Nimble) Normal & Overhead 1 Bar 16-17 hit 34-36% damage combo\\
//Instructions: For normal use must be upclose. Hold forward "RS" (In direction of enemy)\\
//For overhead combo must be up close. If your player is facing right then "RS down" Will perform overhead combo\\
//If your player is facing left "RS up" will perform the overhead combo. U can cancle ANY combo by letting go of "RS"\\
//Notes: I have not tested this online!!! This code can be used for ANY compatible controller on the CM's roster.\\

int Forward;
int Back;

main {

// right normalcombo
if (get_val (9) >= 60) {
Forward=16;Back=15;
combo_run (normalcombo)
}
// left normalcombo
if (get_val (9) <= -60) {
Forward=15;Back=16;
combo_run (normalcombo)
}
// normalcombo cancel
if (get_val (9) >= -20 && get_val (9) <= 20) {
combo_stop (normalcombo)
} This is a basic example of forward working on both sides and back working on both sides. Now your gray area is u want back to work on both sides which this can do with easy editing, but it has to run a combo and have a key button to activate the combo be that L3 click or R3 click on most fight game examples. So what do u want to run in the combo? If your implying this to work for some block technique it won't work very well. It basically would be too complicated and would be easier just blocking as normal. Again I'm just assuming what your trying to achieve our of this.

I'm interested in this same thing, to explain a little better-

the button inputs are down>down right>right>circle when facing right

they are reversed, when facing left so down>down left>left

Will the code above allow me to execute from either side while only having defined one combo? If so could you expand on what you wrote maybe using my example?

defining 2 combos for each in game combo takes up a huge chunk of space.

mnguyen
4th October 16, 13:31
The way I do it is I try and keep track of which way I am facing with a boolean. I assume that if i am holding a LEFT that means I am blocking so my character is facing RIGHT so forward becomes RIGHT and BACKWARD becomes LEFT, and vice versa if i am holding the opposite direction. Of course this is not perfect since you could be moving forward when you try and run the combo and it will be backwards, but it works pretty good.

I think what the original poster was getting at is that if you have the cronusmax send RIGHT and LEFT at the exact same time, the game interprets this as a FORWARD input, no matter which way you are facing. Now this only works on the PC version, on the PS4, you will always get RIGHT regardless.