PDA

View Full Version : Dashing in Fighting Games

KidTetsu
4th August 16, 16:45
Hello, I have a bit of a complicated situation and I could really use help. My hope is for someone to tell me how to set up my X-AIM or create a script for me, as I'm pretty desperate.

I use a PS3 controller for my PS4 through X-AIM. Recently, I bought a new laptop and my sensitivity for my mouse is a bit different (how I use my left analog stick). For clarification--my left analog stick controls the mouse on my laptop and it's the function for my left analog stick through capture mode.

With my old laptop, the mouse sensitivity was set to where if I held the analog stick straight in any direction, the bar on the side of the X-AIM would just BARELY hit max (red) and then go down a tiny bit (green) and then back to max. It did this so quickly that it was basically flickering between the two colors really fast when held in one direction.

This enabled really good dashing for me in fighting games, BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend specifically. I rely on this method for dashing; there's no way around it for me unfortunately.

I'm hoping someone can get my settings to where I get that same flicker speed sensitivity or maybe the equivalent easy dash through a script of some sort. At the very least, a somewhat universal dash I can use for fighting games with my analog stick.

Thanks!

KittyDawn
4th August 16, 19:31
You use your mouse to control the left stick or your DS3?

KidTetsu
4th August 16, 20:15
I use my DS3.

My DS3 controls the mouse of my computer and then you know how the X-AIM allows you to reconfigure controls--my left analog stick is tailored to the mouse. Basically moving it up is "Mouse Up," and same for the other directions. It's pretty confusing. :facepalm:

KittyDawn
4th August 16, 20:22
Why are you doing it this way? You can plug the DS3 and 4 into the cronusmax and do it without the PC.

KidTetsu
4th August 16, 20:28
I did that for a while, but I can't do regular dashing without the PC and everything with it. I need it for the flexibility to set up dashes with X-AIM.

KittyDawn
5th August 16, 06:04
What is you think you cannot do without X-Aim?

KidTetsu
5th August 16, 12:23
I can't create a script or things like that to use for easy dashing without X-AIM.

KittyDawn
5th August 16, 12:37
You do know that you can run scripts directly on the CM? You do not need X Aim for that.

KidTetsu
5th August 16, 23:29
I actually didn't know that. I'm also unsure of how. Is there a script for dashing easier?

falconpunch323
6th August 16, 18:55
I actually didn't know that. I'm also unsure of how. Is there a script for dashing easier?

If you are using x-aim you can just script the dash input in the gpc compiler then go to x-aim in the file or options dropdown I think its file and press load gpc.. this will load whatever script you currently have open in the compiler window or the scripting window

KittyDawn
6th August 16, 19:08

You can probably use the same script you use in xaim, just go to the programmer tab and drag it to a slot.

KidTetsu
6th August 16, 22:33
If you are using x-aim you can just script the dash input in the gpc compiler then go to x-aim in the file or options dropdown I think its file and press load gpc.. this will load whatever script you currently have open in the compiler window or the scripting window
I was experimenting with this today--I'm kinda new to scripting, in the sense that I'm not sure how to configure some stuff to be stable. I was able to get some dashing in by holding the analog stick in a direction, but that was after countless attempts and guesses.
The directions were off in the sense that moving the left analog stick up (which is generally jumping), made the dashing I set up rapidly input go to the left. WHICH IS A START, considering that I am getting some dashing the way I need it--but now I just need to figure out how to get it in the direction that I input. I'm really new to scripting in general so today was experimental.

Any advice on how to get the directions set up correctly? I was using AUTO SPRINT as a model--but as I'm writing this, I realized that was for FPS games.

You can probably use the same script you use in xaim, just go to the programmer tab and drag it to a slot.
That's the thing-- I don't have a script. lol