PDA

View Full Version : [Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3] All Characters Missions 8, 9 and 10 (Master of Tasks)

CaptainCrunchy
4th November 16, 04:01
Well, that took longer than expected.

After two months of grinding away, I've managed to complete every character's missions 8, 9 and 10 in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I have all 144+ scripts to share.

Boy, I am SO GLAD this is done.

Alright, so here's the details:

The combos in this pack have all been tested and verified to work on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita versions of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, as they are the two systems I own (If you're a PS3 owner, read on below, as you'll probably still be fine).

Since this isn't one giant gamepack, you'll need to manually pick out the missions you need to complete and do them one by one.
If you need to do all of them, I suggest loading up and programming your device with 9 at a time and going through 3 characters, then loading up the next batch.

Alternatively, if you have a laptop handy, or your PC is next to your console, you can just load and play your missions as you complete them, which is a lot faster.

Most missions work on both systems, but a few needed to be adjusted due to during super animations taking longer (lagging) on Vita. Any missions that were not compatible on Vita have a separate script with "VITA" at the end of the file name.

If you want to use these scripts on PS3:
​I can not guarantee they'll work, since the PS3 version has lag issues compared to the 360, but given how the PS Vita version is compatible with 91% of the 360 combos, and only lag during super animations caused de-syncs, I imagine you should be fine. If you come across a script that doesn't work on PS3, feel free to adjust the timings and let me know. I'll update the download to include it.

Using the Combos:
Note: All scripts assume Type-A button configuration. Make sure you set your binding accordingly, and keep R3/RS unbound.

To use the scripts, simply load into the mission in question, load up the script, and press R3/RS to start the combo. Don't worry about spacing or timing, the script handles all of that for you.

If the combo is dropped, it's likely that you're on a combo with a really tight window (Or you're just on PS TV) and the device was off by a frame. Simply hold Back/Select and press Start to cancel the combo and reset the mission room. Then press R3/RS again to try again.

The usual suspects here are Captain America's Mission 10 and Dante's Mission 9 (Crazy Dance is just the worst). Just give it a few tries and it'll hit the link sooner or later. Most 2 frame link combos are fine though, and you can expect the Cronus to hit them regularly.

Also I may have gotten bored halfway through and spiced up a few of the combos here any there. Don't worry too much about it. If it looks swag, it's because it was easy and consistent.

What about Jill and Shuma?
I actually happen to have the DLC on a different Xbox, but haven't gotten around to playing with it yet. Plus, the trophy for completing all missions doesn't require you completing any missions with them. If there's enough demand though, I'll put some time aside and throw them in.

What about Missions 1 through 7?
I'm not doing them. This took long enough as is, and they're all easily do-able by someone who has little to no understanding of fighting games, so I won't be going through them with the Cronus. Most mission 8s are already pretty easy, I just did them all for consistency sake.

Will you be doing other fighting games?
Yes. (http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/984/862/4c3.png) I'll be tackling Skullgirls Trials on PS Vita/PS4 next, followed by Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator's mission mode for PS4.

That's all folks! Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!

perfectchoice
24th January 17, 00:42
Well, that took longer than expected.

After two months of grinding away, I've managed to complete every character's missions 8, 9 and 10 in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I have all 144+ scripts to share.

Boy, I am SO GLAD this is done.

Alright, so here's the details:

The combos in this pack have all been tested and verified to work on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita versions of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, as they are the two systems I own (If you're a PS3 owner, read on below, as you'll probably still be fine).

Since this isn't one giant gamepack, you'll need to manually pick out the missions you need to complete and do them one by one.
If you need to do all of them, I suggest loading up and programming your device with 9 at a time and going through 3 characters, then loading up the next batch.

Alternatively, if you have a laptop handy, or your PC is next to your console, you can just load and play your missions as you complete them, which is a lot faster.

Most missions work on both systems, but a few needed to be adjusted due to during super animations taking longer (lagging) on Vita. Any missions that were not compatible on Vita have a separate script with "VITA" at the end of the file name.

If you want to use these scripts on PS3:
​I can not guarantee they'll work, since the PS3 version has lag issues compared to the 360, but given how the PS Vita version is compatible with 91% of the 360 combos, and only lag during super animations caused de-syncs, I imagine you should be fine. If you come across a script that doesn't work on PS3, feel free to adjust the timings and let me know. I'll update the download to include it.

Using the Combos:
Note: All scripts assume Type-A button configuration. Make sure you set your binding accordingly, and keep R3/RS unbound.

To use the scripts, simply load into the mission in question, load up the script, and press R3/RS to start the combo. Don't worry about spacing or timing, the script handles all of that for you.

If the combo is dropped, it's likely that you're on a combo with a really tight window (Or you're just on PS TV) and the device was off by a frame. Simply hold Back/Select and press Start to cancel the combo and reset the mission room. Then press R3/RS again to try again.

The usual suspects here are Captain America's Mission 10 and Dante's Mission 9 (Crazy Dance is just the worst). Just give it a few tries and it'll hit the link sooner or later. Most 2 frame link combos are fine though, and you can expect the Cronus to hit them regularly.

Also I may have gotten bored halfway through and spiced up a few of the combos here any there. Don't worry too much about it. If it looks swag, it's because it was easy and consistent.

What about Jill and Shuma?
I actually happen to have the DLC on a different Xbox, but haven't gotten around to playing with it yet. Plus, the trophy for completing all missions doesn't require you completing any missions with them. If there's enough demand though, I'll put some time aside and throw them in.

What about Missions 1 through 7?
I'm not doing them. This took long enough as is, and they're all easily do-able by someone who has little to no understanding of fighting games, so I won't be going through them with the Cronus. Most mission 8s are already pretty easy, I just did them all for consistency sake.

Will you be doing other fighting games?
Yes. (http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/984/862/4c3.png) I'll be tackling Skullgirls Trials on PS Vita/PS4 next, followed by Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator's mission mode for PS4.

That's all folks! Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Hey, thanks so much for the scripts :)
I'm going to check most of them in my ps4 and I'll update this message if I found an error in the scripts and which ones are working

Akuma - Ok (but a Little bit hard to timing mission 9)
Captain america - I can't do mission 8, mission 10 ok but fails sometimes
Chris Redfield - Ok
Chun li - I can't do mission 8, mission 9,10 ok
C Viper - 8 ok, 9 a Little bit hard but is ok, mission 10 fails

CaptainCrunchy
25th January 17, 17:19
Hey, thanks so much for the scripts :)
I'm going to check most of them in my ps4 and I'll update this message if I found an error in the scripts and which ones are working

Akuma - Ok (but a Little bit hard to timing mission 9)
Captain america - I can't do mission 8, mission 10 ok but fails sometimes
Chris Redfield - Ok
Chun li - I can't do mission 8, mission 9,10 ok
C Viper - 8 ok, 9 a Little bit hard but is ok, mission 10 fails

Yoo, thanks man! I made this before the PS4 version even was annoucnced, so idk what works and what doesn't yet.

I'm just starting up the game, so I'll be able to make tweaks to files that aren't working.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sefal
1st March 17, 05:52
Thank you for this script, Amazing work. Would be great if this also worked on the PS4 version

CaptainCrunchy
1st March 17, 12:57
Thank you for this script, Amazing work. Would be great if this also worked on the PS4 version

Thanks! With regards to the PS4 Version, I did a pass a few days ago on every mission, and I have a list of scripts I still need to fix.

I'm also updating the folder structure, so it'll be a lot easier to just grab the scripts you need for your console.

I'll probably have time after work today to hammer out a few, so expect an update around this time tomorrow if you need PS4 scripts!

CaptainCrunchy
2nd March 17, 14:08
The update for PS4 is finished, but for some reason I don't have the ability to edit the original post.

[http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/162113-Ultimate-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Master-of-Tasks-Mission-Mode-Trophy-%28PS4-360-Vita%29?p=1055997#post1055997]

Sergen-The-Boss
7th August 18, 11:23
Thanks a lot for sharing them and explaining how they works. Greatly appreciated! Thanks to your hard work i could finally unlock my Trophy :)
My PSN is the same name as i use here.