Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: XIM + CRONUSMAX = XBOX ONE SUPPORT FOR XIM !

SILVER I

User Info Menu

XIM + CRONUSMAX = XBOX ONE SUPPORT FOR XIM !

Hi,

I'm currently using a Xim Edge on my 360 with a mouse and Sony Nav. I've recently picked up a Xbox One and hope to continue to using the same controller setup. I've seen both devices are listed as supported but will they work together using the CronusMax in a similar fashion and will I need to have my laptop on while using this setup?

I use a ASUS USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle on the Xim Edge is this compatible with the CronusMax?

Are there any people who have used both the CronusMax and the Xim Edge who can provide an honest opinion on the quality of the mouse control?

Many Thanks

CM Technician

User Info Menu

Re: Xbox One support

Quote Originally Posted by Derps View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently using a Xim Edge on my 360 with a mouse and Sony Nav. I've recently picked up a Xbox One and hope to continue to using the same controller setup. I've seen both devices are listed as supported but will they work together using the CronusMax in a similar fashion and will I need to have my laptop on while using this setup?

I use a ASUS USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle on the Xim Edge is this compatible with the CronusMax?

Are there any people who have used both the CronusMax and the Xim Edge who can provide an honest opinion on the quality of the mouse control?

Many Thanks
    No laptop needed if using XIM Edge or XIM 3

if Not using them than need PC for the mouse Fine Tuning and Adjustment Using MAxaim

I use a ASUS USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle on the Xim Edge is this compatible with the CronusMax? Not with our device , but you plug it in to the XIM device not CronusMAx is that for your ,mouse we guessing ?

Are there any people who have used both the CronusMax and the Xim Edge who can provide an honest opinion on the quality of the mouse control? its flawless lag free just like on xbox 360

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

What is the advantage of plugging the xim into the CronusMax and then the Cronus into the xbox? So your mouse, keyboard, and controller can all be plugged into the xim, without having a computer in front of you as well for the keyboard/mouse support with only the Cronus? Then does this allow scripts and Modpacks to be used with the Cronus as well?

Edit: It seems like you can use your mod packs with the controller plugged into the xim device, but cannot actually access the mod menu to change anything so you must set these up in advance before plugging in that way.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Sorry I don't think I was very clear.

My current setup: Xbox 360: Xim Edge with a wired Mouse and Sony Nav (via BT), been using this for a year a works great.

I've just bought a xbox one and was thinking of replacing the Xim Edge with a CronusMax , I just want to make sure that my wired mouse and Sony Nav via BT would work (with a new BT adapter).

You said I'd need a PC for the mouse Fine Tuning and Adjustment Using MAxaim, does my PC have to be on and connected while the CronusMax is being used or just for the initial calibration?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Sorry I don't think I was very clear.

My current setup: Xbox 360: Xim Edge with a wired Mouse and Sony Nav (via BT), been using this for a year a works great.

I've just bought a xbox one and was thinking of replacing the Xim Edge with a CronusMax , I just want to make sure that my wired mouse and Sony Nav via BT would work (with a new BT adapter).

You said I'd need a PC for the mouse Fine Tuning and Adjustment Using MAxaim, does my PC have to be on and connected while the CronusMax is being used or just for the initial calibration?
    mouse and keyboard must be connected via pc when using cronusMax, the cronus plugs into the pc as well and then via maxaim will register your movements to the console. However plugging the xim into the cronusmax and then the cronus to the console, will allow you to utilize your mouse and kb/nav through the xim without the need of pc

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies.

Just to clarify, are you saying I can just plug in my existing xim Edge (with current 360 config) into a Cronusmax and it will work on the Xbox one?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies.

Just to clarify, are you saying I can just plug in my existing xim Edge (with current 360 config) into a Cronusmax and it will work on the Xbox one?
    I can't say if it works on XB1. I've only used it on 360 this way. Haven't opened my XB1 up yet as I won't until there is a hack, or decent game available. But it should I assume if your edge works on it currently.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DuckBlind View Post
    I can't say if it works on XB1. I've only used it on 360 this way. Haven't opened my XB1 up yet as I won't until there is a hack, or decent game available. But it should I assume if your edge works on it currently.
    The Xim Edge doesn't work on the XB1 (some beta firmware due out, but will be replaced by the XIM4) that's why I was looking at buying the cronusMax.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

The CronusMax is compatible with the xb1 so it will register your xim inputs with kb/mouse plugged in and then I believe input it to your console. From the pics above it looks as if the Dev has it plugged into his 1 and his response states it does work. Unless I'm misreading that. Might have to take my 1 out just to test this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

The bottom line is this

CronusMAX enables you to use Xim3 and Xim Edge (and maybe others) with XBOX ONE right now. Today. No noticeable lag, Just like the CronusMAX kb+m feature has no noticeable lag. Again, today

I'd be interested in you guys comparing kb+m performance between the two also. I use a Xim EDge myself and after i've setup the CronusMAX I find little if any actually end-performance difference (again - not bashing the Xim, i'm a Xim user - the smart translators are kickass)

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Re: XIM + CRONUSMAX = XBOX ONE SUPPORT FOR XIM !

Cool stuff

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

How is it setup? Does the Xim3/Edge connect to the CronusMax's PC port or do we unplug the X1 controller from the CronusMax and plug in the Xim to that port?

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papershoes View Post
    How is it setup? Does the Xim3/Edge connect to the CronusMax's PC port or do we unplug the X1 controller from the CronusMax and plug in the Xim to that port?
    Its explained in the posts above I believe ?

CM Technician

User Info Menu

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMike For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CronusMAX View Post
    Its explained in the posts above I believe ?
    None of the posts above mine explained the process such as the part where the X1 controller had to first be authenticated through the CronusMax and then unplugged, so the Xim could function with it.

I'm not upset or angry, I'm just pointing out to you that there wasn't a real answer to my question at the time that I made my post.

The video CronusDev posted was very helpful at explaining that. Thanks CronusDev.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

how is it to play, any lags with using CM+xim?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Mouse & Keyboard or move ---> XIM EDGE ---> CronusMax (without PC) ---> Xbox ONE.

it works perfectly. The lag inevitably added is difficult to hear and not ruin the gaming experience.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

good to hear! i have orderd a cronusmax

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papershoes View Post
    None of the posts above mine explained the process such as the part where the X1 controller had to first be authenticated through the CronusMax and then unplugged, so the Xim could function with it.

I'm not upset or angry, I'm just pointing out to you that there wasn't a real answer to my question at the time that I made my post.

The video CronusDev posted was very helpful at explaining that. Thanks CronusDev.
    I got him to add that for you to clarify more

Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

User Info Menu

People you are geniuses. Today I received CronusMax and tested it with two devices, which I played on xbox 360 with mouse and keyboard. CronusMax works perfectly with both. No lag and no need for a PC to play on XB1 with a mouse and keyboard. The devices are "Speedshot" -from " hama" and "MAX SHOOTER FPS Mouse Keyboard Adapter for XBOX 360". Please excuse me for bad English.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur2 View Post
    People you are geniuses. Today I received Kronos Max and tested it with two devices, which I played on xbox 360 with mouse and keyboard. CronusMax works perfectly with both. No lag and no need for a PC to play on XB1 with a mouse and keyboard. The devices are "Speedshot" -from " hama" and "MAX SHOOTER FPS Mouse Keyboard Adapter for XBOX 360". Please excuse me for bad English.
    Cool. You're using it in passthrough mode so the settings from the CronusMax are not being used, but those of the Speedshot and Max Shooter, Same as with using a Xim device. Marvelous that its compatible though

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

An add on question for this thread. I will be doing the Xim set up also, hopefully tomorrow. To the guys that have used this with the mod packs, can you set the mods once you are going thru the xim or do you do it with the controller straight to the cronus first then put the controller to the xim? I assume the mods have to be set using a 360 controller since the Xim will not recognize a One controller. Just want to figure out how to set mods before I set it up. That way i can play and not have to visit forums...lol

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWRIDE View Post
    An add on question for this thread. I will be doing the Xim set up also, hopefully tomorrow. To the guys that have used this with the mod packs, can you set the mods once you are going thru the xim or do you do it with the controller straight to the cronus first then put the controller to the xim? I assume the mods have to be set using a 360 controller since the Xim will not recognize a One controller. Just want to figure out how to set mods before I set it up. That way i can play and not have to visit forums...lol
    You don't use the modpacks when using m+kb/maxaim, you must use scripts. The CronusMAX just acts as a bridge to let your XIM function on XB1. If you're using XIM you can double bind buttons to do drop shots, auto hold breath and stuff like that. I don't know if the scripts work though while using the XIM, I think not...

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Maybe my thinking is wrong but the xim is a pass thru for the 360 controller and the Max will be a pass thru for the xim, so in theory any mod made to the controller should just pass thru both right? Or am i totally out in left field?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

The gamepacks can't be turned on through the Xim, they get turned off if you disconnect controller and reconnect through the XIM

CM Technician

User Info Menu

Community Boss

User Info Menu

You can use a controller for GamePacks at the same time as having a Keyboard and Mouse connected

Shows you that here: https://cronusmax.com/instructions/maxaim/

This is an old graphic and of course since then we have added Xbox One Controller & PS4 Controller - Both Wired

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I'm confused. I had a XIM edge and purchased the CronusMax as a device that allowed me to use it with Xbox One. My primary interest is in being able to use a keyboard and mouse as inputs when browsing the internet and other keyboard activities. I haven't been able to get any configuration working. Here's what I have:

Keyboard ==> XIM Edge ==> CronusMax ==> Xbox One Side USB port. The ZIM powers up and settles on blue glow, but the CronusMax powers up, but doesn't seem to recognize anything plugged in. I've tried both Logitech wireless with the Universal receiver (already paired) and I've tried a generic Dell USB keyboard. Neither are seen in this configuration. If I switch devices around to: Keyboard ==> CronusMax ==> XIM ==> Xbox One or Keyboard ==> CronusMax ==> Xbox One, then the CronusMax detects a device connected, but I get an "E." error. My needs are so simple that I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with the device.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dankline View Post
    I'm confused. I had a XIM edge and purchased the CronusMax as a device that allowed me to use it with Xbox One. My primary interest is in being able to use a keyboard and mouse as inputs when browsing the internet and other keyboard activities. I haven't been able to get any configuration working. Here's what I have:

Keyboard ==> XIM Edge ==> CronusMax ==> Xbox One Side USB port. The ZIM powers up and settles on blue glow, but the CronusMax powers up, but doesn't seem to recognize anything plugged in. I've tried both Logitech wireless with the Universal receiver (already paired) and I've tried a generic Dell USB keyboard. Neither are seen in this configuration. If I switch devices around to: Keyboard ==> CronusMax ==> XIM ==> Xbox One or Keyboard ==> CronusMax ==> Xbox One, then the CronusMax detects a device connected, but I get an "E." error. My needs are so simple that I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with the device.
    Please authenticate your xb1 controller in the cronusmax first before plugging in the XIM to the cronusmax. You'll also need the xb360 controller plugged in to the xim edge as well, then keyboard, then mouse

CM Technician

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dankline View Post

The reason for this was: wrong firmware, did not set the device output to XBOX ONE, and did not authenticate with a 360 wired controller. So basically just not reading the instructions at all before posting with all these problems

There are also videos here on the forums showing you step by step instructions on how to do all this.

My needs are so simple that I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with the device
    Just to Update in all the time we provided Support 99.9% has been by users just not reading the basic instructions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast