Topic: CronusMAX supports Qanba arcade sticks

SILVER I

User Info Menu

CronusMAX supports Qanba arcade sticks

Does it support the Qanba Q4? Link to product: http://www.eightarc.com/qanba-q4-black/

Thanks for any help!

CM Technician

User Info Menu

Re: Cronus max support qanba-q4 arcade stick

Quote Originally Posted by Jody1 View Post
    Does it support the Qanba Q4? Link to product: http://www.eightarc.com/qanba-q4-black/

Thanks for any help!
    Yes the Qanba Q1 and Q4 works just fine (simply set the Qanba to 360 mode)

It will then work on Xbox One, PS4 etc

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I have a CronusMax on order right now. The first thing I plan to do is test the Qanba Q4. I'll report back after I test.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'll mail you my stick so you can add it to your library, that's what I'll do...

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'll mail you my stick so you can add it to your library, that's what I'll do...
    Seems fair, if you want support for a certain stick, which there are many available, and the Devs are willing to support it, why should you not help them in providing the device so they can add it. Everyone just wants but no one is willing to give a little.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

That's correct. If you want support adding for one particular device - then send it to us. We will add support and then return it to you at our expense.

If you don't send it we can't and won't add support.

But even if a device doesn't work natively with CronusMAX directly it will work with X-AIM or MAX Input plugins

Rule of thumb is that if a device has an Xbox 360 mode it will almost definitely work.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by barrow View Post
    I have a CronusMax on order right now. The first thing I plan to do is test the Qanba Q4. I'll report back after I test.
    I have some good news for everyone. My Qanba Q4 stick IS CONFIRMED working with the Xbox One. I haven't downloaded Killer Instinct yet so I haven't fully tested it in-game, but the stick is having no issues navigating through the dashboard. I have the stick set to 360 mode, haven't bothered trying PS3/PC mode since 360 mode worked right away. I will make a follow-up post when I actually try playing Killer Instinct.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barrow For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I downloaded Killer Instinct and tested a bit, the Qanba Q4 seemed to be working fine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barrow For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I have some good news for everyone. My Qanba Q4 stick IS CONFIRMED working with the Xbox One. I haven't downloaded Killer Instinct yet so I haven't fully tested it in-game, but the stick is having no issues navigating through the dashboard. I have the stick set to 360 mode, haven't bothered trying PS3/PC mode since 360 mode worked right away. I will make a follow-up post when I actually try playing Killer Instinct.
    I downloaded Killer Instinct and tested a bit, the Qanba Q4 seemed to be working fine.
    Very cool man. Give the PID/VID of the stick so it can be added to the list.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

How did you get your qanba to work with the xbox one? When I plug mine in the 4 numbers flash and then it goes black. There's no response when I press keys or anything. I turned my xbox one off and plug it in and the red button comes on. When I hold down the home button it turns the xbox one on but from there the same thing, it lights up and then goes black. Do you have a mod or something?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Seems fair, if you want support for a certain stick, which there are many available, and the Devs are willing to support it, why should you not help them in providing the device so they can add it. Everyone just wants but no one is willing to give a little.
    That being said, WAY back at the origin of the product, some controllers support got added remotely by sending linux usb data dumps to the dev.
    I don't want to come off as a jerk, but I'd love for both of my 360/PS2 hori usb fLightsticks to be added to supported controllers, but since I live in Europe it would cost me like a 100$ to ship both to you.

Maybe I have no Idea of what I'm talking about but if you guys made a closed source app withing gtunner where usb data dumps (Name VID/PID, each button press and analog buttons/axis full-range) could be recorded and sent (with a picture of the controller to know what's what) then you'll get all the data you need, no need to handle parcels and ship them back, and would have the largest usb controller database on the planet. (sounds like it would increase product value and interest for controller max too)
    (sorry if my post is noobish or full of non-sense though)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ShinKaz For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Qnba Re: Cronus max support qanba-q4 arcade stick

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    How did you get your qanba to work with the xbox one? When I plug mine in the 4 numbers flash and then it goes black. There's no response when I press keys or anything. I turned my xbox one off and plug it in and the red button comes on. When I hold down the home button it turns the xbox one on but from there the same thing, it lights up and then goes black. Do you have a mod or something?
    I have my CronusMax set specifically to XB1 mode, I'm not sure if Automatic mode works or not.

Are you sure you're following the instructions exactly?

Here's what I do:
    1. Plug the Cronus into the XB1, it goes into waiting for authentication mode.
    2. Plug the XB1 controller into the Cronus, it displays 0.
    3. Unplug the XB1 controller, animation is displayed.
    4. Plug the Qanba Q4 into the Cronus (Qanba set to 360 mode), 0 is displayed again.

Now that the big Killer Instinct update is out I'm going to spend time playing it. I just tried the whole process again last night, no issues at all. Also, this is the Qanba Q4 that you have or another model, because if it's different that could be the issue.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to barrow For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX supports Qanba arcade sticks

How about qanba q2 ps3/pc? can i make it work for xbox 360 and ps4 with cronusmax plus?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Qnba Re: Cronus max support qanba-q4 arcade stick

I have my CronusMax set specifically to XB1 mode, I'm not sure if Automatic mode works or not.

Are you sure you're following the instructions exactly?

Here's what I do:
    1. Plug the Cronus into the XB1, it goes into waiting for authentication mode.
    2. Plug the XB1 controller into the Cronus, it displays 0.
    3. Unplug the XB1 controller, animation is displayed.
    4. Plug the Qanba Q4 into the Cronus (Qanba set to 360 mode), 0 is displayed again.

Now that the big Killer Instinct update is out I'm going to spend time playing it. I just tried the whole process again last night, no issues at all. Also, this is the Qanba Q4 that you have or another model, because if it's different that could be the issue.

Just for the record, if you follow all the steps above, and (like me), have a [ 0 ] on your Cronus, Qanba blue light on, BUT your Qanba Q4 don't react at all, just do all the process again, but remove any batteries before doing step 2.
    Then the Qanba Q4 will work just fine ^^

I just find out so... :-)