Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Using Viking Controller Macros

jasonscootboy12's Avatar jasonscootboy12

Using Viking Controller Macros

I was wondering if it was possible to use the Viking Modded Controller's Macros as they have a pretty big library of them.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Re: Using Viking Controller Macros

I was wondering the same thing...problem is cronus uses gpc and viking macros are vkm and to my knowledge no way to convert. completely different script. Maybe someone with more knowledge could translate them though. I'm interested in a few non recoil macros for ghosts and I know viking has them.

CM Technician

User Info Menu

you know you can just Load the Viking Macro You want on your Macro Controller connected to your CronusMax and have PCprog Connected and Capture using Plugin "Combo Magic " in Private Game Lobby than you have GPC code of that Mod and you can now fine tune it and assign it to what ever button or add more Item to it , than we can give you basic Simple Code that you can recall up to 4 macro and give you LED indication. or if something everyone can benefit get it working for you and duplicated than we can added to the Modpacks and Clean it up

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CronusTECH View Post
    you know you can just Load the Viking Macro You want on your Macro Controller connected to your CronusMax and have PCprog Connected and Capture using Plugin "Combo Magic " in Private Game Lobby than you have GPC code of that Mod and you can now fine tune it and assign it to what ever button or add more Item to it , than we can give you basic Simple Code that you can recall up to 4 macro and give you LED indication. or if something everyone can benefit get it working for you and duplicated than we can added to the Modpacks and Clean it up
    Wish I kept my macro controller!

Community Boss

User Info Menu

you can use that macro controller of course - but like CronusTECH said you can also record all the functions from that controller easily and convert to code and then you can make ANY controller work the same as your macro controller

its pretty powerful

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Well looks llke we are going to have to find someone on the forums with a viking macro then

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I've got both viking and cronusmax. There is actually good value having both as the viking has extra buttons to active combos. If anyone wants me to record something from the viking library in particular let me know.

Having cronusmax allows viking to work on all the other consoles

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Do us all a huge favor and record the anti-recoil script for ghosts

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
    Do us all a huge favor and record the anti-recoil script for ghosts
    It doesn't look like they have any for Ghosts. I'm looking here http://library.viking360.com

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flain View Post
    It doesn't look like they have any for Ghosts. I'm looking here http://library.viking360.com
    Can I request for recording all the fighting game macros they have there?

MASTER GUARDIAN ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MadMachP View Post
    Can I request for recording all the fighting game macros they have there?
    I don't think anyone has that much time to do that for every fighting game macro. Please let me know if I misunderstood you.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by token View Post
    I don't think anyone has that much time to do that for every fighting game macro. Please let me know if I misunderstood you.
    No, you didn't misunderstood.

MASTER GUARDIAN ELITE

User Info Menu

I've actually started downloading some of their scripts, loading it into their macrosoftware, and looking at the timings for everything. Its REALLY simple to convert over, its just a bit of strain on the eyes from having to count lines I can hardly see to determine how many MS things need to be help/released for, lol. Let me know if there's something in particular you want and when I get swome free time, I'll "translate" it lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Hi :smile:

I read this post because I am also interested...
    I notices that macro challenges for SFIV are not in CRONUSMAX library, but i found all of them on internet in .VKM files : http://www.yume3n.com/SFIV/
    I think it might be usefull to do the conversion (although I'll try to do it manually)

Thk's

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nektadehbo For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

We should build a big library of these for CM

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GL0ZZ3N View Post
    I've actually started downloading some of their scripts, loading it into their macrosoftware, and looking at the timings for everything. Its REALLY simple to convert over, its just a bit of strain on the eyes from having to count lines I can hardly see to determine how many MS things need to be help/released for, lol. Let me know if there's something in particular you want and when I get swome free time, I'll "translate" it lol
    Can you get all combo challenges for SSF4, MVC3 and SFxT? Take your time.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I know that I'm new here, but when school is out after next week I can start working on converting these for people. I'm a Computer Engineering major currently and I already have a degree in Computer Software Development. This shit intrigues me and keeps me busy. Last Final is the 28th, so if you need stuff done after that, post here / pm me and I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be too hard to pick this up!

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Thank you for the initiative, it will be very usefull !
    I tried to do it manually, but it's pretty difficult... I succeed in doing special movements (hadoken/shoryuken...), but I have some problems to adjust timings in order to obtain full combos..

I am following your work with interest :smile:

Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    We should build a big library of these for CM
    You could make a separate section for this.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Well to be fair, I have no experience with their products, but I need to find a better way to read their macros than in their own proprietary software. Opening it in a text editor is useless, and I'm not going to try to read each one through their interface. I just took a quick 5 minute glance though, have to grab some sleep before work, if anyone has a quick solution to easily read their downloaded macros it may save me a few minutes lol, but otherwise I'll look at it on and off until I have more free time in a couple weeks.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kronusx12 For This Useful Post:

MASTER GUARDIAN ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kronusx12 View Post
    Well to be fair, I have no experience with their products, but I need to find a better way to read their macros than in their own proprietary software. Opening it in a text editor is useless, and I'm not going to try to read each one through their interface. I just took a quick 5 minute glance though, have to grab some sleep before work, if anyone has a quick solution to easily read their downloaded macros it may save me a few minutes lol, but otherwise I'll look at it on and off until I have more free time in a couple weeks.
    I'm very interested. Good luck with this.

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

You guys are smart I wouldn't be surprised if someone here can code a program that can import and convert those .vkm scripts to .gpc

SILVER II

User Info Menu

NuBiXx, this is my ultimate goal here, if I can decompile their scripts and read them easily (Using something like IDA Pro) I would be able to write a C program that would be able to change their input to GPC code, that's no big deal, I just don't want to get anyones hopes too high incase I have trouble with their scripts. Again, I have no experience with, nor do I own a Viking product, but a macro script shouldn't be that hard to decompile.
    Especially Since...
    A) I'm pretty busy with finals for the next 2 weeks or so and
    B) I'm A HUGE Boston Bruins fan and they are in the playoffs right now, time MUST be set aside for hockey lol

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kronusx12 For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Alright, I ended up taking a "Maymester" class as well (anyone that goes to Ohio State knows what I am saying here) so I actually just finished school yesterday. I know it looks as though I abandoned my intentions here, but I did not. I will be looking into how to convert Viking scripts into GPC now that I have free time. I have to work tonight until 10pm eastern, after that it's go time. Until I get a chance to look, anyone know a way to read viking scripts in plain text? If not, that's where I begin.

Edit: Also, sorry if this is a double post as I'm replying to myself, but the post is from a month ago...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to kronusx12 For This Useful Post:

GamePack Developer

User Info Menu

I'll share a bit of info about the software.

Stock speed multiplier @ 1.0 is 10MS a bar. There are 10 bars in one box 100ms. I'm sure u all know there's 1000MS in one second. Any line that's drawn out is a hold time.

Now say the speed multiplier is set @ 3.65 and a li e has been drawn out 10 bars long or one box. At stock settings we know that would be 100ms hold time. So know you want to go 100ms and divide that by the speedmultipier . In this scenario it would be 100 ms ÷3.65= 27.39726 or just round it to 27.4 ms.
    This is the formula to convert the ms in the timeline. This second part may confuse some people but the timeline starts its run @ 0.1 not 0.0. If there is a line drawn that starts @ 0.0 it will not work. The most important thing to remember is to count the spaces between the lines starting @ 0.1 in. These are release lines. Say a line on RT is drawn 1.0 or 10 bars in, runs another 10 bars long & the speed multiplier is set @ 2.00 so the whole loop time would be 200MS long (@ stock multiplier 1.0)even though the line is only 10 bars long 100 ms. Take stock settings of the whole run 200ms ÷ by 2.00 current speed multiplier u get 100ms total run time. Now u count the link e to where the RT line starts which in this scenario is 10 bars in. So I can now go 100÷2 in half and u get 50ms. U have 50 ms release time then 50ms hold time of RT.

This is just basic examples. Another thing to remember is whether is the last line to be drawn out is where the macro will end its run and loop back to play @ 0.1 bar. To break the timeline down u have to calculate every bar from begining to end if a line is drawn in there. This will give u precise exact hold / wait / start / end times. Even in some cases u will see a led line drawn far past a button command. This is a way to use a non physical function to lengthen the time the macro plays out before it ends its loop. When re creating a mod u will have to calculate that as a wait time.

I k ow its all a little confusing g but this is the true formula of break I g the timeline e editor and speed multiier down to where u can write it in script format. Hopes this helps u out!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WHITE 4ND N3RDY For This Useful Post:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE 4ND N3RDY View Post
    I'll share a bit of info about the software.

Stock speed multiplier @ 1.0 is 10MS a bar. There are 10 bars in one box 100ms. I'm sure u all know there's 1000MS in one second. Any line that's drawn out is a hold time.

Now say the speed multiplier is set @ 3.65 and a li e has been drawn out 10 bars long or one box. At stock settings we know that would be 100ms hold time. So know you want to go 100ms and divide that by the speedmultipier . In this scenario it would be 100 ms ÷3.65= 27.39726 or just round it to 27.4 ms.
    This is the formula to convert the ms in the timeline. This second part may confuse some people but the timeline starts its run @ 0.1 not 0.0. If there is a line drawn that starts @ 0.0 it will not work. The most important thing to remember is to count the spaces between the lines starting @ 0.1 in. These are release lines. Say a line on RT is drawn 1.0 or 10 bars in, runs another 10 bars long & the speed multiplier is set @ 2.00 so the whole loop time would be 200MS long (@ stock multiplier 1.0)even though the line is only 10 bars long 100 ms. Take stock settings of the whole run 200ms ÷ by 2.00 current speed multiplier u get 100ms total run time. Now u count the link e to where the RT line starts which in this scenario is 10 bars in. So I can now go 100÷2 in half and u get 50ms. U have 50 ms release time then 50ms hold time of RT.

This is just basic examples. Another thing to remember is whether is the last line to be drawn out is where the macro will end its run and loop back to play @ 0.1 bar. To break the timeline down u have to calculate every bar from begining to end if a line is drawn in there. This will give u precise exact hold / wait / start / end times. Even in some cases u will see a led line drawn far past a button command. This is a way to use a non physical function to lengthen the time the macro plays out before it ends its loop. When re creating a mod u will have to calculate that as a wait time.

I k ow its all a little confusing g but this is the true formula of break I g the timeline e editor and speed multiier down to where u can write it in script format. Hopes this helps u out!
    Yes, I was using wrong mathematic in my program for the Speed multiplier, but now I will made some changes. Thanks again N3RDY!

View image: SM and Vicing Macro

View image:
    If you can comment this picture and explain time line will be very usefully for me. Is that correct ?
    Attachment 444 Attachment 445

GamePack Developer

User Info Menu

Ok this is going to be long. Bare with me. Lets start by setting up a scenario with this picture. lets say the speed multiplier is set @ 2.25. Lets first start off and find out what the total run time is. The run time starts @ 0.01. one bar in past 0.0. Now u want to find the line that extends the farthest out. This is the end point were the macro ends it course. In the picture the LS anologe & LS press are equal in length and are the furthest drawn lines in the timeline. They both end @ 0.33.( if u look @ the top of the timeline u will see numbers that spaced 10 bars apart from each other or in square shaped boxes. they look like 0.0, 0.1, 0.2 ect. So when I say the farthest running action or line drawn ends @ 0.33 u can see that at the top where 3rd box starts it says 0.3. if u count the individual lines it would go as 0.31, 0.32, & 0.33) "exactly when the farthest line is drawn out". now when we do the math we will always start the math @ stock speed multiplier speeds which is 1.0. each individual bar is 10MS. each square box is 100MS. So when we see 0.3 @ the top we know that 300MS in from the start of 0.01. the farthest line is 0.33 so will just count the individual lines past 0.30 as 10MS intervals making the beginning to end run be 330MS. Now we can go 330MS divided it by the speed multiplier "my scenario" 2.25 = 146.6667MS. Will just round the figures to not confuse and say 146.7MS or even 147MS. 147ms is the start to finish time of the mod.

Now lets say we want to build this into script format. If u look @ the picture X, Y & RT start @ the same time. remember these functions dont begin instantaneously. It looks like they start 3 bars in or 0.03 bars down from the top. This means there's a 2 bar wait time. So 20MS divided by 2.25 speedmultiplier = 8.88MS or round it however u want 8.9 or even round it up to 9MS. ( there is not going to be precise timings unless you have some sort of MS converter on your software. Seems 10 MS is as low as your software starts @. X, Y & RT start @ 9ms in.
    Now lets start on X function. The line on X is drawn 15 lines long. Thats how long X is to be held down. So 15 bars @ stock speed is 150MS. 150MS divided by speed multiplier2.25 is = 66.66 or 66.7 or..... 67MS however u can convert it closest to your software by rounding. So X function starts 9MS into macro play and is held down for 67MS before its released.

Now on to Y. We know Y starts 9MS in. Its 12bars long that equals out to 120MS. We do are math formula 120MS divided by 2.25= 53.33 or 53.30 or just 53MS depending on how u want to round. So Y starts 9MS in is held down for 53MS then its released. Now we see there is another Y function spaced that starts 4 bars further in the macro. This means after the first Y function has played out there is a 40MS delay time before the Y function starts again as a Y press.Remember to covert the multiplier 40MS /2.25=17.77 or 18MS wait time before The second Y function starts. The 2nd Y hold time is 8 bars long or we now know 80MS by 2.25= 35.55 so round to 36MS long. Remember the numbers @ the top as well Ex. 0.0, 0.1, 0.2 ect. these are great for recalling where your functions start or end. U can use these and see Ex. RT ends its hold @ .025 0r 250MS from the begining of the timeline. do the conversion 250 div 2.25=111MS (already rounded the figure)

I don't believe I need to keep going over the rest as u should catch the pattern by now. U should be able to see RT starts its hold @ 0.02 in translated after multiplier to 9ms then is 25 bars long 250 div 2.25= 111 MS long in held state.

Now that ive broken the math formula for everyone we need to understand what everything is. Look at the LS portion. On the anologes u will notice you can put 2 sets of lines in. The set that has the arrows are the anologe movements. If u click on the arrows u can see a circle with a line drawn and a small white square @ the end of it. This is your anologe movement . Its fairly simple. however far the line is drawn in the circle will represent how far the anologe stick is moved on your controller. This is your XY axis. Now the "Timeline" line drawn plays the same role in math. Beginning of line represent the start of the action, the end of the line is the end of the action. The speed of how long the action is played out is determined by the speed multiplier. With the arrows u will also notice ones going NW and at the end of the run its facing SE. There is a built in tweaning system. Those anolges will move in a strait line from the beginning point A to the end point B @ the speed of the set multiplier. The other lines without the arrows represent the LS stick being pressed.

Now on to the RT and LT. If you were to begin clicking on the beginning circles or end circles "notice the larger white circles on the beginning & end of the lines drawn in the trigger section" of the lines a gauge will pop up. The bar gauge represent trigger sensitivity. All the way left represent trigger released and all the way right means full trigger pull. Its like your scale 0-100.

U also want to look at the item in the timeline that looks like a sprocket, It will have different loop settings. There are settings like loop once then terminate macro immediately, loop until button is released then play out one more time, play once, ect. These will describe how the macro loop will play out.

As of right now this is as far into detail I will go. There are more features that deal with recoil axis like full motion over your sticks or no control over X axis or Y axis but that's a whole norther paragraph. I hope this detailed explanation helps answer all your question. Its hard to describe just where to start or stop on this. Theres so much to this software and i can go on and on and on as ive used this software for years. I feel like I have left u enough information to tear down any macro into script using my conversion explanation in her. Its not easy and it takes a lot of math to do so. Factor in the rounding of MS to work with your software and it makes it very hard to perfectly replicate these macros to your software. U should know enough now to convert any macro.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WHITE 4ND N3RDY For This Useful Post:

GamePack Developer

User Info Menu

Your diagram picture is 100% correct as if set @ stock 1.0 multiplier speed. Easyest way is look at the top numbers above the boxes 0.0, 0.1, 0.2. Those would be translated to 0ms, 100ms, 200ms. Or u can count the bars in say 0.26 or 260ms. Just do the basic division conversion if the multiplier is changed say 4.47 go 260ms ÷ 4.47 = adjusted MS. Just round the ms up or down deppinding .50 higher or lower. Hope this makes sense.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WHITE 4ND N3RDY For This Useful Post:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE 4ND N3RDY View Post
    Your diagram picture is 100% correct as if set @ stock 1.0 multiplier speed. Easyest way is look at the top numbers above the boxes 0.0, 0.1, 0.2. Those would be translated to 0ms, 100ms, 200ms. Or u can count the bars in say 0.26 or 260ms. Just do the basic division conversion if the multiplier is changed say 4.47 go 260ms ÷ 4.47 = adjusted MS. Just round the ms up or down deppinding .50 higher or lower. Hope this makes sense.
    Thank you dude!
    Now I understand that only my math about Speed ​​Multiplier was wrong, but it makes wrong everything.
    Everything else I knew from the tutorials. The Vicing software is very user friendly and it is easy to learn.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

GamePack Developer

User Info Menu

Yes the macro software is very easy and fast to program and adjust on the fly. The only problem is people Dont know how its translated. Most people can make a mod but they can't tell u how fast the sps are. It can get even more confusing and there are senarious that I can't even decode like overlapping dots on one line in rapid fire macros. I just Dont know how to translate it. If cornus had a script converter like this it would make making mods so Mich faster and less confusing. At the same time I like the challenge of learning new things. The formula is pretty simple. I was actually the first person to discover this and out of everyone in viking there are only two other people who understand how this works and one is the owner/creator. I posted this in a thread @ viking so everyone could know what sps there macros actually were. So its not like I'm doing something wrong here. I'm just re releasing public information that I shares before years ago. U just have to understand how the macro works and what loop settings are used.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to WHITE 4ND N3RDY For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast