Topic: 360 brawlstick (not fightstick) dual modded Toodles cthulhu + rj45 cable working !

SILVER II

User Info Menu

360 brawlstick (not fightstick) dual modded Toodles cthulhu + rj45 cable working !

I have a dual modded fightstick with an rj45 connection im trying to use on the xb1. it works correctly on xb360 and ps3, but when i plug it into the CM nothing happens on the stick; no lights, no input, noting. However on the CM i get a flashing E. I think its not getting power or something. Im wondering if its because i have it set up for usb > rj45 connection. The only other thing i can think of is the newer board of the brawlstick, a stick made for WWE 13 or something. its an evolution of the madcatz SE stick, just wired a little bit differently. any suggestions to get this to work?

edit:
    Ive tried having the CM recognize it as both 360 and ps3 controllers with output to xb1 and still nothing. my other x360 controllers work great though.

update:

SOLUTION POSTED HERE

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Re: 360 brawlstick (not fightstick) dual modded with cthulhu + rj45 cable not recogni

would be interested to see what the respone to this is. I too have a dual modded stick with a different board inside. When i plug in my stick to a 360, it works automatically(sometimes has a problem with new slim xboxes but in general it just works), and when i plug into a ps3, i hold the start and select buttons. I am not keen on how this exactly works, but i know the cronusmax gives me the E with a dot on the top left and bottom right. I would HOPE i can make a simple tweak, not sure if I can. when I plug the stick into the Cronusmax, my stick xbox light briefly turns on then turns off. IF anyone may have some insight that would be awesome.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Re: 360 brawlstick (not fightstick) dual modded with cthulhu + rj45 cable not recogni

Quote Originally Posted by ezkial_rage View Post
    I have a dual modded fightstick with an rj45 connection im trying to use on the xb1. it works correctly on xb360 and ps3, but when i plug it into the CM nothing happens on the stick; no lights, no input, noting. However on the CM i get a flashing E. I think its not getting power or something. Im wondering if its because i have it set up for usb > rj45 connection. The only other thing i can think of is the newer board of the brawlstick, a stick made for WWE 13 or something. its an evolution of the madcatz SE stick, just wired a little bit differently. any suggestions to get this to work?

edit:
    Ive tried having the CM recognize it as both 360 and ps3 controllers with output to xb1 and still nothing. my other x360 controllers work great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvanknoll View Post
    would be interested to see what the respone to this is. I too have a dual modded stick with a different board inside. When i plug in my stick to a 360, it works automatically(sometimes has a problem with new slim xboxes but in general it just works), and when i plug into a ps3, i hold the start and select buttons. I am not keen on how this exactly works, but i know the cronusmax gives me the E with a dot on the top left and bottom right. I would HOPE i can make a simple tweak, not sure if I can. when I plug the stick into the Cronusmax, my stick xbox light briefly turns on then turns off. IF anyone may have some insight that would be awesome.
    You guys will want to speak with CronusTECH in regards to if he can get these to work for you. He's very busy so he may not even see this thread, or others that have similar questions for support, unless you PM him.

CM Technician

User Info Menu

the reason for the flashing E is because the controller is waiting for the signal from the console to detect what system it is. CronusMAX does not send the signal to your controller for you, therefor it doesn't know what type of controller is being plugged in.

You need to force the controller into PS3 or XBOX 360 mode and THEN plug it into the CronusMAX

Example: With an Toodles Imp v2 + Toodles Cthulu + Akishop PS360 dual-mod setup, holding LK/MP/FK (low kick, medium punch, high kick) while plugging the stick into the CronusMax will force the Toodles IMPv2 into choosing the PS360 board instead of auto-detecting - and then this will work with the CronusMAX as normal

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMike For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Thank you for your replies and support! Great product you have here .

SILVER II

User Info Menu

ah this makes sense! Thank you for your support. So I am under the assumption that due to the type of board inside, there is no way to make it work with the CronusMax regardless if sent to Chrontech?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

With an Impv2+Cthulu+PS360 dual-mod setup, it was causing an "E" message. Holding LK/MP/FK while plugging my stick into the CronusMax forced the IMPv2 into choosing the PS360 board instead of auto-detecting. From then on it was smooth sailing. Maybe the same will work for sticks that are natively 360? Hope this helps.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sskar For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sskar View Post
    With an Impv2+Cthulu+PS360 dual-mod setup, it was causing an "E" message. Holding LK/MP/FK while plugging my stick into the CronusMax forced the IMPv2 into choosing the PS360 board instead of auto-detecting. From then on it was smooth sailing. Maybe the same will work for sticks that are natively 360? Hope this helps.
    Interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I can confirm this works! Merry Christmas to all! (sskar's post)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sylvanknoll For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

this is interesting indeed! i will try this when i get home. although i dont have the ps360, ill see if i can do something similar tonight.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Can you clarify what you mean by "Holding LK/MP/FK" ? I have no idea what buttons you're referring to and I'm using a dual modded stick myself.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

checking back in, i had a chance to test this out last night and it does indeed work!. HUZZAH!. at first it didnt work for me and i was highly perturbed but this was my own issue with my stick because the wire to my HK came unloose and i only found out when i tried to play SF on the pc. opened up the stick, replaced the wire, and bam, stick works with the xb1.

magic combination,

hold down "low kick, medium punch, high kick" when plugging in your dual modded stick. however, this is the combination if you have an Imp v2 and i think a chimp as well. im not sure about other methods.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ezkial_rage For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: 360 brawlstick (not fightstick) dual modded Toodles cthulhu + rj45 cable working

Doesn't work for me on Xbox One. I hold down those three buttons and I actually get a light on the stick — which is something — but no commands work, and as soon as I disconnect my actual Xbox One controller from USB it connects to the console wirelessly (even if I powered on via the console on button).

Any ideas? I have a dual modded stick, no idea what PCB or whatever though. I sent it off to a guy to do the modding for me, it works natively on 360 and I have to hold start+select for PS3.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Re: 360 brawlstick (not fightstick) dual modded Toodles cthulhu + rj45 cable working

Your problem is probably with the dual-modded rewiring. My 360 TE stick works perfectly with CM on XBone every time. Wish I could help.