Topic: Handicapped gamer looking to get my QuasiCon Axis-2 1P Controller to work on next-gen

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Handicapped gamer looking to get my QuasiCon Axis-2 1P Controller to work on next-gen

I would prefer ps4, but if it only works on xbox one thats fine too. I have mild cerebral palsy and play with a QuasiCon Axis-2 1P Controller. I'm so happy i found this site. Will u guys tell me what i need to get my quasicon working on the next gen. Thanks guys!

The Quasicon works on ps3 and 360

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Re: Handicapped gamer looking to get my QuasiCon Axis-2 1P Controller to work on next

Have you tried it with the Cronus Device / Cronus Max yet? I'd be hopeful that it will work out of the box. If it doesn't, does your Quasicon have a Playstation 2 adapter? If so, you could try plugging that into one of these Chinese PS2 to Xbox360/PS3 adapters either in PS3 mode, or with an Xbox 360 wired joypad attached, in Xbox 360 mode:

Attachment 50

If you've not tested yet, I'd be happy to ask my colleagues at SpecialEffect in the main HQ if they have a Quasicon like yours they can test out with. Drop me a PM or e-mail me direct. Best of all to contact would be the Gerdings at RowdyMonkeys.com who are the brains behind your controller: https://www.facebook.com/RowdyMonkeys and http://rowdymonkeys.com/contact. I'm sure they'll be very excited to learn that their controllers could possibly work on Xbox One (and maybe one day PS4).

Barrie

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Re: Handicapped gamer looking to get my QuasiCon Axis-2 1P Controller to work on next

Thank you and yes I have been in touch with the Gerdings and i informed them about my findings of the Cronusmax and they are buying one and testing it. I would greatly appreciate it if you could ask your Colleagues at special effect for assistance. BTW I used to use that adapter you posted for my Quasicon on the PS3 and it works fine although i have an updated version of that adapter now. I also do have a ps2 adapter too and that works as well. I'm so glad I found this device and can't wait to get on the Xbox one. My e-mail address is stevekeepsbankin352@yahoo.com. You can e-mail me if you have any new news on the situation. Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve gaudia For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Will be in touch as soon as I hear anything. My colleagues are back to work on the 6th after the Christmas break. Best wishes for 2014.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I've just received a batch of Cronus Max devices, but have not yet tried with the Quasicon (I'm based separately from my colleagues at SpecialEffect). I've not got an Xbox One yet nor PS4, but here's the good news so far...

1. Most Playstation 2 standard controllers should work using the PS2 to PS3/Xbox 360 adapter mentioned above with wired Xbox 360 joypad. I tested out a One Handed Controller and it worked great on PS3 and Xbox 360 just like the old Cronus Device did: http://switchgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2...ler-ultra.html. Basic, but good news.

2. The Cronus Aim software should allow a link up of your Quasicon 2 plugged into your PC linked to the Cronus in turn plugged into an Xbox One. You'll need the get a Windows PC to recognise the Quasicon as a standard Xbox 360 joypad (I'm guessing all that will need is the free Microsoft Xbox 360 joypad driver). It's fiddly, but this is how I think it can be done...

Attachment 77 Attachment 78

First thing to do is to set-up MaxAim as pictured left. Get it linked to your Xbox One, and click on the controls to see if they are taking effect. If so...
    Second thing to do is to set-up your controller to send key and mouse events to MaxAim. Do this using JoyToKey set-up as pictured above right.

Happy to send you the profiles to test out with and further advice. The downside to this method is that it's more fiddly, and you'll only have true analogue controls mapped to what ever is set to recognise the mouse. Everything else will be like a key press (full on or full off). The up side is that once you get used to JoyToKey you can do all kinds of trickery on the fly with profile switching, latching, auto-fire and more.

Will let you know more when I hear back from my colleagues at SpecialEffect in Charlbury, Oxford.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Good news just in from Bill at SpecialEffect:

"The QuasiCon Axis 3 works so this should apply to the other QuasiCon's I think. I used it with the PS2 cable and the cheap ebay PS2/360/PS3 adapter [update: It was in 360 mode and required a 360 wired controller] into the Cronus.....

So it sounds like your unit should work too, so long as you have a Playstation 2 cable and the P3/360 adapter as pictured above. I'll drop Jessica Gerding a line to make sure your unit uses the same PCB as the QuasiCon Axis 3. Do you have a Playstation 2 adapter, or would you need to get one?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialEffect For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Thank u so much i just ordered my CronusMax. I talked to Jessica and she said all the Quasicons are built the same so mine will work. Only problem is i don't have a ps2 connecter or the adapter they used and IDK if Jessica still has any ps2 dongles left. My Cronusmax will be here wednesday so i will be in touch. THANKS AGAIN!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to steve gaudia For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

You're welcome. Hope you get sorted soon. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction. There is an alternative connector that I think will work too:

Attachment 80

These don't need the wired controller. I'd hope Microsoft wouldn't be worried by this, considering that this kind of thing is the difference between you being able to play and buy into the Xbox One experience or having to find your entertainment elsewhere.

Good luck,

Barrie

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Do u think u can post a picture of the adapter they used. Is it the one posted earlier in this thread?

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Good news i got my ps2 dongle otw and the CronusMax OTW. All I should need now is the adapter which u said i can get easily online. I do have a few questions before i invest 500 dollars into an xbox one. First question is are there any limitations or do all the buttons, analog sticks, and d-pad work (I'm not worried about menus) Secondly is there any software limitations or does it work on all games. Thanks again!

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Image from the homepage of our website answers those questions

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Hey can somebody please confirm the adapter that was used, thanks

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Hi Steve,

Just been lucky enough to sit down with a borrowed Xbox One to try stuff out for myself. Testing with a range of PS2 controllers, I can vouch for the two adapters below as working well so far (no Xbox 360 wired joypad needed).

Attachment 88

You can track these adapters down on eBay by searching on "PS2 to Xbox adapter" and they normally come from China. Whilst you're at it, I recommend picking up three USB cables (one to patch the Cronus to a PC for updates, and one to link your Xbox One to the Cronus for authentication). The third and completely optional cable would be a LINDY 3.0 USB extension cable, which I've tested as working well with the Cronus out away from the Xbox One for better convenience.

To get a PS2 controller working on Xbox One you need to do a few things first....

1. Download GTuner, update it (if needed) then go to the Help Guide for: "Device Guide > Connecting to Xbox One".
    2. To set the Cronus Max into Xbox One mode, you'll need a micro USB patch cable to link your PC and Cronus. That's a good time to first update your firmware.
    3. Plug your extension USB cable into the back of your Xbox One, then the Cronus Max, then the Xbox One joypad via the USB cable. Once authenticated...
    4. Disconnect the Xbox One controller then connect your Quasicon (using the PS2 adapter and PS2 to USB adapter).

You don't need an Xbox 360 joypad at all, but you can add it after connecting a PS2 controller is recognised as an additional controller (useful for team play for example).

That's not super clear I realise, but I'm falling asleep now. Will make a better guide soon.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialEffect For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Thanks for confirming that

We will look into getting these adapters in wholesale and do some kind of bundle deal

SILVER III

User Info Menu

So i received my CronusMax (theres only one version right? because it says the original Cronus on the packaging )I got my adapter and my ps2 dongle coming in the mail. I should have everything i need by the end of the week I just need a usb patch cable which i can get at any store.I'll keep you posted.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Cool. Look forward to hearing how you get on. Best wishes,

Barrie

SILVER III

User Info Menu

this is the e-mail i wrote jessica...

Hi Jessica Ok I got some new developments. I got all the pieces i needed and was lucky enough to have a friend use his xbox one. First off this is not an easy process, but i had some techy friends assist me and after hrs of tinkering we got the Quasicom 2 working on the xbox one. Everything worked great even the menu button worked . I played COD Ghosts and it worked great.;However i think a cord or both ports got damaged somehow maybe from unhooking and rehooking the cords to the controller but both controllers are completely dead on all consoles so i will be sending them in for repair, but yes i had the quasicom fully functional on the xbox one and I'll be getting an xbox one next week. .................READ NEXT POST

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Upon further review it's just lose ports and i should have this cleaned up in a few days. The brief time i had with the quasi and the xbox one was smooth sailing. Thank u guys for everything and i will report more once i get my xbox one and dig in a bit. Thank you guys again so much for your help and hopefully now everybody that requires a quasicom to play can play. We may have impacted quite a few lives here and you guys are mostly to blame and i'm glad we can all be a part in getting this figured out for everybody. I posted on a few major challanged gamers forums and what not so word is out that we have a legit adapter. See you guys online. Happy gaming.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Never mind

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Brilliant news! I hope it will become simpler one day to just use the controller you need with the equipment you want to control (anything at all electrical). One day!

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Just got word from my guy and he said he could only fix one controller the other one he said the motherboard is fried. I u. I used the quasimoto ps3 adapter not any of those ps2 adapters and it worked. I was wondering if it was possible for the cronusmax to fry the controller? I'm guessing not.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Both of my Quasi's are dead and i have to send them in for repairs. Can you please ask your friend who tested the quasi how long he tested it for. Thanks