Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Topic: BattleField 4 + CronusMAX + Keyboard & Mouse = Awesome :) VIDEOS !!!

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Thumbs up BattleField 4 + CronusMAX + Keyboard & Mouse = Awesome :) VIDEOS !!!

Domination match

Some of these clips showcase some good long-range kills that are difficult to pull off with a controller

Sniping Test with a new DeadZone.

Edit by Jim007:

To figure out if these settings work the same for you as they do for me, consider the following:
    - I can do a 360 turn in about 4 inches of mouse movement.
    - When in ADS, I do a 180 turn in that same amount of mouse movement.
    - Acceleration is difficult to remove with CM, but these settings minimize it as much as possible for me.

My mouse settings that I currently use:

Smoothing: 0
    Acceleration: 0.27
    Sensitivity X: 27.27
    Sensitivity Y: 30
    Sensitivity Y/X Ratio: 1.10
    DeadZone X: 22
    DeadZone Y: 23
    DeadZone Shape: Ellipse
    DPI: 3600

I use a Logitech G400 Mouse.

NOTICE: If you are turning too slow while-not-in-ADS, increase both acceleration values little by little (0.28, 0.29, 0.30 etc. etc.)

Here is a simple script to mimic my ADS adjustment.

@MaxADMIN

If an admin or mod could add this stuff to the bottom of the topic post it would be more accessible to the community. People have asked me for this on XBL and YouTube, I referred them back to this old topic.

Here's my layout and a re-make of the script that I used for handling infantry and vehicle sensitivity changing and some other stuff like turn assists for tank turrets. My mouse settings are in the topic post, for those of you who are new here.

Movement - WASD
    Jump - Spacebar
    Crouch - Left Alt (I hit it with my thumb)
    Sprint - Left Shift
    ADS - Right Mouse Button
    Fire - Left Mouse Button
    Reload - R
    Switch Weapon - E
    Spot - Mouse 4 (thumb button), Q (double mapped)
    Grenade - Mouse 5 (thumb button)
    Gadget 1 - Mouse Wheel Up
    Gadget 2 - Mouse Wheel Down
    Melee - Middle Mouse Button
    Laser - T
    Fire Mode - B

Spot (RB) is double mapped to mouse 4 and Q. The D-Pad is double mapped to 1,2,3,4. This is done via the right click menu and selecting 'more'. My layout screenshot above shows an example of that for Extra Input 1.

Script related Extra Input assignments below. You can obviously change these to whatever keys you want, as long as they are on the same slot.

CEMU_EXTRA1 = W,A,S,D (used for auto spot logic)
    CEMU_EXTRA2 = Z (tank turret left)
    CEMU_EXTRA3 = C (tank turret right)
    CEMU_EXTRA4 = F1 (enable vehicle mode)
    CEMU_EXTRA5 = F2 (enable infantry mode)
    CEMU_EXTRA8 = F6 (hold breath toggle)
    CEMU_EXTRA9 = F5 (auto spot toggle)

ADS_SENS and VEHICLE_SENS can be changed to your own preference.

Auto Spot:
    On: Hold F5 for 1/4 second
    Off: Tap F5

Auto Hold Breath (Sniping):
    On: Hold F6 for 1/4 second
    Off: Tap F6

Vehicle Mode: Press F1
    Infantry Mode: Press F2

Holding Reload for 1/3 second while in vehicle mode will automatically put you back into infantry mode. This way you're sensitivity is back to normal when you manually exit a vehicle.

Turret Turn Assists: While in vehicle mode I use Z and C to rotate the turret left and right to avoid having to do long mouse drags to scout my surroundings.

About Auto Spot: I handle it differently than everyone else. When it's turned on it only works when any of the movement keys or ADS are held for longer than 1/4 of a second. This way, while it's turned on, you can still tap the movement keys or ADS button in the load out menu without the unwanted RB press from auto spot activating. Make sure W,A,S and D are all mapped to Extra Input 1.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Re: BattleField 4 + CronusMAX + Keyboard & Mouse = Awesome :)

If this is the way its meant to be played, why is everyone having difficulties tweaking the settings and all those crazy weird things?

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkyOfficial View Post
    If this is the way its meant to be played, why is everyone having difficulties tweaking the settings and all those crazy weird things?
    Well, there is no universal set of configurations that works on all games. Different games require different mouse settings and even different mice require different settings because of varying DPI's and sensors etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jim007 For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim007 View Post
    Well, there is no universal set of configurations that works on all games. Different games require different mouse settings and even different mice require different settings because of varying DPI's and sensors etc.
    But peoplemake it so complicated ); im scared :/ LMAO!~

Jim,. what kind of mouse do you use? And do you use any scripts or just plain K+M?

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Logitech G400. A light simple mouse with an optical sensor. I prefer mechanical keyboards now, although they certainly are not necessary, a comfortable mouse is more important.

I have a few simple scripts. My F1/F2 keys to flip flop between Infantry/Vehicle modes. In infantry mode I reduce my ADS sensitivity by 10%. In vehicle mode I increase overall sensitivity by 50% and switch back to infantry mode when I exit the vehicle (e.g: if X is held for over half a second). I do have a script to toggle off the laser sight when I ADS, but I usually forget to turn it on. I have tried an auto spot macro, but I didn't like having to turn it off and back on, when I would forget it would change my class for me on the deployment screen lol. I have spot set to a thumb button on the mouse so I can spam it manually as I run around. I've used a basic rapid fire for spamming the M16a4 and m4, but found myself often manually bursting a lot from habit, so I just stopped using it.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I´m playing with CronusMax with K&M and i cant play like u.
    I have G500 mouse and G19 Keyboard.

I will aprettiated if u can post here some screenshots of ur mouse settings on Cronus Pro and scripts. ( i want check ur mouse settings and test it hehe)
    Thx

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkyOfficial View Post
    Who is "everyone" ?

Remember on a support forum you only really see people having issues. Most users are usually too busy playing their games

If you follow the instructions and adjust your settings as instructed - you wont have any problems

- - - Updated - - -

Logitech G400. A light simple mouse with an optical sensor. I prefer mechanical keyboards now, although they certainly are not necessary, a comfortable mouse is more important.

I have a few simple scripts. My F1/F2 keys to flip flop between Infantry/Vehicle modes. In infantry mode I reduce my ADS sensitivity by 10%. In vehicle mode I increase overall sensitivity by 50% and switch back to infantry mode when I exit the vehicle (e.g: if X is held for over half a second). I do have a script to toggle off the laser sight when I ADS, but I usually forget to turn it on. I have tried an auto spot macro, but I didn't like having to turn it off and back on, when I would forget it would change my class for me on the deployment screen lol. I have spot set to a thumb button on the mouse so I can spam it manually as I run around. I've used a basic rapid fire for spamming the M16a4 and m4, but found myself often manually bursting a lot from habit, so I just stopped using it.
    Perfect

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CronusMAX View Post
    Who is "everyone" ?

Remember on a support forum you only really see people having issues. Most users are too busy playing their games otherwise. If you follow the instructions and adjust your settings as instructed - you wont have any issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect

One Here !

I have no experiencie with scripts ... and i testing a lot of settings on mouse and cant make a good one. I need help with screenshots or something .. like jim007 config. similar mouse and i saw good mouse moves on video.
    One screenshot of his mouse settings is all help i need atm..

pd: sorry for my bad english

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sh1nj1983 View Post
    One Here !

I have no experiencie with scripts ... and i testing a lot of settings on mouse and cant make a good one. I need help with screenshots or something .. like jim007 config. similar mouse and i saw good mouse moves on video.
    One screenshot of his mouse settings is all help i need atm..

pd: sorry for my bad english
    I'm in the same boat. Settings and script help would be great.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

All locks and ratios are default unless I mention otherwise.

Smoothness: 20
    Acceleration: 0.50
    Sensitivity: X = 7.25 (Y/X ratio = 1.5)
    Stickize: 142 (default)
    DeadZone: 30
    DPI: 2000

Adjust the sensitivity to one you are comfortable with. It all varies on player preference, mouse, mouse pad size and surface etc. I use a hard mouse pad that's 14" x 11" and prefer to be able to do a complete 360 in about 4 to 4.5 inches of mouse movement. Games usually have different Y/X ratios for the right analog stick movement. Adjust Y/X ratio so that your vertical movement is about the same speed as your horizontal movement. I prefer it a little higher for that reason + I find myself rarely doing any fast twitch top/down movements.

Unwanted zig zagging when trying to aim in a straight vertical or horizontal line. I haven't been able to prevent this from happening. I just know that deadzone seems to have the greatest effect on this.

Something to keep in mind is that in-game aim assist bridges the gap with any discrepancies between your aim and the target. So in the video, it's not all 100% the work of my mouse movements. It's more like 90% mouse and those small aim adjustments are handled automatically by the aim assist.

Hope this helps.

UPDATE: I changed sensitivity because I forgot my mouse was actually at 3600 DPI through Logitech's software panel. I changed it to 2000 and updated the Sensitivity accordingly with my preference.

Attachment 70

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jim007 For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Smoothness: 20
    Acceleration: 0.50
    Sensitivity: X = 4.5 Y =6.75 (Y/X ratio = 1.5)
    Stickize: 142 (default)
    DeadZone: 30

Adjust the sensitivity to one you are comfortable with. It all varies on player preference, mouse, mouse pad size and surface etc. I use a hard mouse pad that's 14" x 11" and prefer to be able to do a complete 360 in about 4 to 4.5 inches of mouse movement. Games usually have different Y/X ratios for the right analog stick movement. Adjust Y/X ratio so that your vertical movement is about the same speed as your horizontal movement. I prefer it a little higher for that reason + I find myself rarely doing any fast twitch top/down movements.

Unwanted zig zagging when trying to aim in a straight vertical or horizontal line. I haven't been able to prevent this from happening. I just know that deadzone seems to have the greatest effect on this.

Something to keep in mind is that in-game aim assist bridges the gap with any discrepancies between your aim and the target. So in the video, it's not all 100% the work of my mouse movements. It's more like 90% mouse and those small aim adjustments are handled automatically by the aim assist.

Hope this helps.

I will try after work. Thx a lot.

U can post a screenshot? for see all settings , dpi etc. Only if u can, Thx again

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

I will try after work. Thx a lot.

U can post a screenshot? for see all settings , dpi etc. Only if u can, Thx again
    DPI is 2000

SILVER III

User Info Menu

DPI is 2000

The ratio in Smothness , acceleration , stickize and deadzone is the same?

I have default. V Lock [X,Y] and Ratio Y/X: 1.00 on all settings.

U have 1,5?

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woobisah View Post
    Settings and script help would be great.
    What do you think this support forum is for ?

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

The ratio in Smothness , acceleration , stickize and deadzone is the same?

I have default. V Lock [X,Y] and Ratio Y/X: 1.00 on all settings.

U have 1,5?
    I updated my post. Yes, all locks and ratios are on their default settings.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Later this evening I will create a Mouse Settings Tips topic where I go over the process of figuring out what was right for me and others can also share their thoughts and I'll update the topic accordingly, so that the community will have 1 topic to look through for all their mouse settings needs.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I updated my post. Yes, all locks and ratios are on their default settings.
    UPDATED: DIDNT saw the atachment sorry

PD: u set ur Dpi on Pc to 2000 and after do it on Cronus Pro Mouse Settings ? This affect if u use the mouse dpi button ingame?

Thx a lot for ur screen seryously.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Can un post a Cronus Pro Screenshot pls?
    My default settings in ratios are 1.00 and un wrote 1.5 , we have different defaults i think.

I known im a litter Spammer , and sorry about that. Only want a screenshot of Gtunner for check all on image.

PD: u set ur Dpi on Pc to 2000 and after do it on Cronus Pro Mouse Settings ? This affect if u use the mouse dpi button ingame?

Thx
    No worries bro. I just updated it with a screenshot. Yes, the setting being different on in Logitech's Software Panel had an effect on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm heading out for a while. Good luck guys.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

No worries bro. I just updated it with a screenshot. Yes, the setting being different on in Logitech's Software Panel had an effect on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm heading out for a while. Good luck guys.

Thx for the help.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Great video. I use a mid acceleration with low sensitivity. Going to try this low acceleration with high sensitivity tonight.

*edit*
    jim007, your settings pair with my script extremely well.

This is it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to EODCM For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EODCM View Post
    Great video. I use a mid acceleration with low sensitivity. Going to try this low acceleration with high sensitivity tonight.

*edit*
    jim007, your settings pair with my script extremely well.

This is it.
    Awesome! That's good to hear. Yeah, acceleration is bad news, the goal should be to try to eliminate as much of it as possible. This way how fast or slow we drag the mouse shouldn't matter, the distance we drag it should be the most important factor in deciding where our target moves.

Regarding scripts, right now I'm not even adjusting my ADS sensitivity, because I'm trying out "press to zoom" in-game option to toggle ADS, which is a lot more comfortable for me. I can just purely focus on aiming and tap firing with my mouse without the added pressure of having to hold the the right mouse button to stay zoomed in. The downside to that is that it's impossible for a script to determine whether I'm still in ADS mode or not because a lot of in-game actions will cancel it (switch weapon, jump, sprint, death, gadgets etc.)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to jim007 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

I added another game play video.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I had no idea that setting was in the game. I might give it a shot since that's what I set my secondary vehicle sensitivity toggle to. I get used to switching it off and on, and then when I go back to infantry I forget to hold it.

What are you using to record?

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

I had no idea that setting was in the game. I might give it a shot since that's what I set my secondary vehicle sensitivity toggle to. I get used to switching it off and on, and then when I go back to infantry I forget to hold it.

What are you using to record?
    Xbox One's game dvr. It's a painful process to get a whole a match with it because it can only record 5 minutes tops. A typical domination match takes about 12-15 minutes. I pay attention to the match timer to figure out how long into the match I am, if it's been 5 minutes I bring up the game dvr menu and capture the last 5 minutes, unsnap the game dvr so I can start playing again while it captures the clip, which can only take a matter of seconds. I repeat that process throughout the match. It hurts the flow of the match for me, but it's the only means I have until I get a capture card.

Here's the worst part of it. Lets say I have 3 five minute clips for a domination match. Now I go to Xbox One's Upload Studio which lets you trim and combine clips, however, your video can only be up to 5 minutes long. So combining 3 clips of 5 minutes won't work because it ends up being a 15 minute clip. The trim option allows you to upload a single video, whether you choose to trim the beginning or end doesn't matter, so I use this to upload each 5 minute clip to SkyDrive. Then through SkyDrive's website on my PC I can download the 5 minute clips to my PC and then I combine them with Avidemux (open source video editor) and edit them etc.

Press to Zoom / Toggle ADS.

If you're going to use it and plan on having ADS logic in your script (like reducing sensitivity) it won't be as simple as toggling an ADS variable to TRUE or FALSE on each Left Trigger press. If you die, jump, reload manually or automatically by emptying the mag, throw a grenade, switch weapon or gadget, sprint etc. you will automatically go out of ADS mode in-game, however, your script won't know that because it never received another Left Trigger press to turn it off. Keeping track of that variables value will be too difficult with just a toggle for it via a Left Trigger press.

I was thinking this approach would be the best idea. You're a scripting wizard, so maybe you can come up with a more elegant solution. The idea here is to not have to dedicate some key to reset the variable to FALSE, but instead automatically turn it off with all the common in game functions that force us out of ADS mode. The A button press covers resetting it on the death screen (you have to press A to deploy) and a revive (have to press A to accept revive).

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Xbox One's game dvr. It's a painful process to get a whole a match with it because it can only record 5 minutes tops. A typical domination match takes about 12-15 minutes. I pay attention to the match timer to figure out how long into the match I am, if it's been 5 minutes I bring up the game dvr menu and capture the last 5 minutes, unsnap the game dvr so I can start playing again while it captures the clip, which can only take a matter of seconds. I repeat that process throughout the match. It hurts the flow of the match for me, but it's the only means I have until I get a capture card.

Here's the worst part of it. Lets say I have 3 five minute clips for a domination match. Now I go to Xbox One's Upload Studio which lets you trim and combine clips, however, your video can only be up to 5 minutes long. So combining 3 clips of 5 minutes won't work because it ends up being a 15 minute clip. The trim option allows you to upload a single video, whether you choose to trim the beginning or end doesn't matter, so I use this to upload each 5 minute clip to SkyDrive. Then through SkyDrive's website on my PC I can download the 5 minute clips to my PC and then I combine them with Avidemux (open source video editor) and edit them etc.
    Yikes, that is pretty lengthy. I just got an elgato. Going to try and get some clips together playing with the MAX. Been hard to find enough time for gaming last couple weeks.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I have something like that in my script...I think, haha. Haven't played much lately. It's basically a reset button. It mostly covers death, or vehicle to infantry switches. I'm off to work, but I'll definitely look at this later.

How are the team mates in your videos blue? Is this another BF4 setting I'm unaware of?

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ucronia View Post
    I think the cronus should advertise more, or more clearly/explicitly the k-m function (In short, staking more on it!) due the “cross-console adapter” fame, considering the reduced cost. and maybe have a section devoted and very easy on the gtuner, after the programmer maybe, not all of us are pc-wizards, and i see a lot of questions about.
    You mean like this.....

https://cronusmax.com/precision-mouse-keyboard-control/

http://www.cronusmax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243

and the dozen or so pages in the Users manual ?

Not sure what more you would like us to do ?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CronusMAX View Post
    You mean like this.....

https://cronusmax.com/precision-mouse-keyboard-control/

http://www.cronusmax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243

and the dozen or so pages in the Users manual ?

Not sure what more you would like us to do ?
    I really don't see a need for more either. I'm not an experienced programmer. I understand the basics that 10 minutes of googling can teach. However, the GTuner User Manual was plenty on it's own to learn everything I needed to know.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to EODCM For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

I have something like that in my script...I think, haha. Haven't played much lately. It's basically a reset button. It mostly covers death, or vehicle to infantry switches. I'm off to work, but I'll definitely look at this later.

How are the team mates in your videos blue? Is this another BF4 setting I'm unaware of?
    Yeah under Video Settings. Color Blind Assist, I use the 3rd option for Purple squad, Blue team, and Red enemy. I used it in BF3 also, I preferred having enemies Red instead of Orange.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

first of all i want to thx jim007 for this great settings! With this setup i finally made my nearly perfect config.

I setup up the deadzone with http://www.cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141137 this tut.
    I think x22/y23 i actually use, i also adjust thesensitivity quite a bit up. (i use a mouse with 3000 DPI)

I use only two little things in my script's:
    1. Autospot (steal it from EODCM's script Thx bro)
    2. increase second sens

When i'am in a vehicle i toke my XBone controller to play.
    Maybe i will experiment withe the stuff from EODCM for vehicle settings

yesterday evening i played a little session... it was awesome. Really feels like on PC.
    Only thing i have to tweek a litte is the second sens option. But this only fine tuning.

Later the day i would post a screenshot from my settings.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmareachim For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast