Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Set up headset on Xbox 1

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

So I got the cronus exclusively to use legacy remapping. That’sit. Now I need a second controller and perform this witch craft just to get audio?! Seriously for the price of this product they need to really update what is offered.

Not being able to hear the game is going to be a deal breaker for me. I’m unfortunately considering returning it after all, after going to great lengths this evening to get windows set up on my mac and get this working.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

We advertise quite clearly that headsets cannot be supported when connecting directly to the controller. This is not something that can be "updated" with software. It's hardware encryption by Sony and Microsoft. If it was simple we'd have done it years ago. Unless we cracked the audio chip and did it illegally, but then Cronus wouldn't be around for much longer.

This is also explained in the instructions https://cronusmax.com/manual/compati..._solutions.htm

You can use ANY headset that connects directly to the console. A second controller is a workaround if you don't have a full wireless headset.

I'm sorry that you had trouble setting up your MAC, because virtualization is actually really simple, we give you step by step instructions on how to use your MAC correctly for this purpose too:

https://cronusmax.com/manual/cronus_on_a_mac.htm

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Is there a utube video on this ? also do i have to have a wired headset or can i still use the wireless one ? Thanks in advance.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Seriously please add headset and wireless support on the cronusmax for xb1 mine is snapped due to the fact someone tripped on the cord my Cronus would still work if it was wireless.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mousez View Post
    How to get any headset to work on the Xbox 1 with a CronusMAX installed (without having to use Windows 10)

What you need:

Two Controllers
    USB wire for controller to XB1 (if not using wired.)
    headset compatible with XB1 Controller
    XB1 controller headset adapter.

What to do:

1. Plug controller with the headset adapter installed into the XB 1

2 . Plug in CronusMax

3. Turn on XB1

4. Hold the HOME button and shut down BOTH controllers.

5. Turn on the CronusMax controller, and authenticate like normal.

6. Turn on headset controller.

7. Using HEADSET controller, go to your profile and sign in using the HEADSET controller. (THIS WILL NOT SIGN YOU OUT OF THE CM CONTROLLER)

IMPORTANT!!!! AFTER ALL OF THE ABOVE YOU MUST UNPLUG AND REPLUG THE HEADSET CONTROLLER, IF NOT YOU WILL HAVE FEEDBACK AND NO ONE WILL
    UNDERSTAND YOU!!!!!

You will now have audio and chat on your XB1!!!!!!!

ENJOY THIS!!

-Mousez

Note from another user: The method I use still involves 2 controllers but I plug the controller with the cronusmax in first. Then with my headset already plugged into the second controller, I plug the second controller in. So far I have not had any issues doing it this way and I don't have to mess around with all the logging in stuff as it is already tied to the first controller.

wow really? so if you dont have the right headset or 2 controllers then you dont get sound? i mean to be honest this is a device for cheating at games to begin with. so who should be complaining right?

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IUXWI View Post
    wow really? so if you dont have the right headset or 2 controllers then you dont get sound? i mean to be honest this is a device for cheating at games to begin with. so who should be complaining right?
    No, this is just one method. There are many compatible headsets for XB1 - everything is explained in the Cronus manual: https://cronusmax.com/manual/compati..._solutions.htm

This is also not a device for cheating "to begin with" - it was designed for crossover gaming and scripting. Mods came much later

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I'm reading the postings related to the method of 2 controls and for being using google translator I was left with a doubt:
    With the 2 controls method I can listen to the audio of the game And listen and talk in the party chat at the same time? Or will I just listen and talk in party chat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12