Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Topic: Set up headset on Xbox 1

  1. #1
    SILVER ELITE

    User Info Menu

    Set up headset on Xbox 1

    How to get any headset to work on the Xbox 1 with a CronusMAX installed (without having to use Windows 10)

    What you need:

    Two Controllers
    USB wire for controller to XB1 (if not using wired.)
    headset compatible with XB1 Controller
    XB1 controller headset adapter.




    What to do:

    1. Plug controller with the headset adapter installed into the XB 1
    .


    2 . Plug in CronusMax


    3. Turn on XB1

    4. Hold the HOME button and shut down BOTH controllers.

    5. Turn on the CronusMax controller, and authenticate like normal.

    6. Turn on headset controller.

    7. Using HEADSET controller, go to your profile and sign in using the HEADSET controller. (THIS WILL NOT SIGN YOU OUT OF THE CM CONTROLLER)



    IMPORTANT!!!! AFTER ALL OF THE ABOVE YOU MUST UNPLUG AND REPLUG THE HEADSET CONTROLLER, IF NOT YOU WILL HAVE FEEDBACK AND NO ONE WILL
    UNDERSTAND YOU!!!!!





    You will now have audio and chat on your XB1!!!!!!!

    ENJOY THIS!!

    -Mousez

    Note from another user: The method I use still involves 2 controllers but I plug the controller with the cronusmax in first. Then with my headset already plugged into the second controller, I plug the second controller in. So far I have not had any issues doing it this way and I don't have to mess around with all the logging in stuff as it is already tied to the first controller.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mousez For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    SILVER II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Is there an official update likely to come out that will eliminate all this stuffing around to get the chat working on the mic?

    For starters I only have a need for 1 controller - not about to buy a second controller just for this work around.

    If it gets fixed, then I'll look into buying one

  4. #3
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Do you need to do this just to get headphones working, as in, I don't want chat, just sound? or can I just plug a USB headset into the console and have it work?

  5. #4
    SILVER II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    It should be just for chat - for me I use Turtle Beach X41's (love em), which is connected to the Optical Out from the X1 - so it has nothing to do with the USB (except for power if you like, but mines powered through my TV's USB).

    All the gaming I do revolves around chat, to co-ordinate play with team mates.

    At this stage there are at least 5 of us, watching and waiting for X1 chat support - which is all that it holding us back from getting one of these each.

  6. #5
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Yeah, its not really feasible to have to purchase a second controller just to have chat. Hopefully they can get that sorted because CM is an awesome product.

  7. #6
    SILVER ELITE MASTER

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    I've got de turtle beach PX4 because it works for the Xbox One and the PS4.

    I use it wireless with optical out from my TV and use kinect tot talk back. It works perfect and is 5.1 sound. I hear more with my headset then over a 5.1 speakers set.

  8. #7
    SILVER ELITE

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Any updates/new information on a better way to do this yet?

  9. #8
    SILVER I

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Howdy, just joined after getting my CM other day, the threads have been great in helping me get it all set up, so thanks!! Is the issue with not being able to use chat specific to using the crap headset that comes with xbox one and plugs into the pad? Surely if you buy an external usb driven headset with mic you can chat, while using CM in the other USB for M and K control?? Please tell me that's so

  10. #9
    Community Boss

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxtun View Post
    Any updates/new information on a better way to do this yet?
    Turtle Beach 500X FTW

    https://cronusmax.com/manual/list_of_...e_headsets.htm

  11. #10
    Community Boss

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    [MENTION=251080]Bald Bouncer[/MENTION] has been using them this last week - what do you think baldy ?

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    @Bald Bouncer has been using them this last week - what do you think baldy ?
    No problems at all with CronusMax I use a Xbox 360 controller on the Xbox One and they works fine.

    Mini Review:

    Sound

    Sound quality is good although they don't have all the features of say the X500's and there does not seem to be a chat booster that increases the chat sound above the game volume BUT you can adjust the chat sound and the game sound separately which is a nice feature as I play Destiny a lot and in a battle is was very hard to hear chat but now easy as you can set it at a much higher volume.

    Wireless

    Works well with a good range, I can go for a piss and still chat what more do you need

    Built quality

    They feel a little cheaper build quality than the X500's and if you have a big head like me I have to have them fully extended which still leaves them feeling a little too snug, I do have concerns they haven't addressed the way the cup is connected to the head part as I have had a couple of previous sets of Turtle Beach have all finally cracked and broken at this point and friends have had the same, the transmitter just plugs into the Xbox One usb port and pairs at the press of a button so very simple and easy.

    Software

    There is a basic download software which at the moment or always who knows is used just to update firmware so no nice interface to change the voice as with the X500's although for me this ended up just being a gimmick I played with a few times and had a couple of preset voice modes just to irritate people.

    Overall

    Easy to use and setup nice headset 100% CronusMax compatible with good sound quality, build quality the jury is still out so will see in a few months time, size could have been bigger to fit fat heads.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bald Bouncer For This Useful Post:


  14. #12
    Senior Support Staff


    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    and, finally, are the only ones that, actually, work with CM

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to LEX LOST For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    SILVER III

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Alright, so I got my 2 controllers, 1 usb charger, 1 cronusmax, 1 turtlebeach x7 (corded from headset with audio jack > plugs into puck > puck into controller)

    I just want to be able to at least hear audio while im playing Halo, or even better be able to communicate with teammates. (in game or in chat, doesnt matter)

    I've been lurking


  17. #14
    GOLD NOVA III

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    No problems at all with CronusMax I use a Xbox 360 controller on the Xbox One and they works fine.

    Mini Review:

    Sound

    Sound quality is good although they don't have all the features of say the X500's and there does not seem to be a chat booster that increases the chat sound above the game volume BUT you can adjust the chat sound and the game sound separately which is a nice feature as I play Destiny a lot and in a battle is was very hard to hear chat but now easy as you can set it at a much higher volume.

    Wireless

    Works well with a good range, I can go for a piss and still chat what more do you need

    Built quality

    They feel a little cheaper build quality than the X500's and if you have a big head like me I have to have them fully extended which still leaves them feeling a little too snug, I do have concerns they haven't addressed the way the cup is connected to the head part as I have had a couple of previous sets of Turtle Beach have all finally cracked and broken at this point and friends have had the same, the transmitter just plugs into the Xbox One usb port and pairs at the press of a button so very simple and easy.

    Software

    There is a basic download software which at the moment or always who knows is used just to update firmware so no nice interface to change the voice as with the X500's although for me this ended up just being a gimmick I played with a few times and had a couple of preset voice modes just to irritate people.

    Overall

    Easy to use and setup nice headset 100% CronusMax compatible with good sound quality, build quality the jury is still out so will see in a few months time, size could have been bigger to fit fat heads.
    Do they work with out the need of a second controller? Does Chat and Audio work?

  18. #15
    LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSimpleSkill View Post
    Do they work with out the need of a second controller? Does Chat and Audio work?
    Yes

  19. #16
    SILVER I

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    FYI if you have a kenect, you can use the mic to communicate whyle you listen on the headset. works for me that way.

  20. #17
    SILVER I

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    T Method I use still involve 2 controllers but I plug the controller with the cronusmax in first. Then with my headset already plugged into the second controller, I plug the second controller in. So far I have not had any issues doing it this way and I don't have to mess around with all the logging in stuff as it is already tied to the first controller.

  21. #18
    SILVER II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Will this method work if I use Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Four's?

  22. #19
    Community Boss

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by swish11609 View Post
    Will this method work if I use Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Four's?
    From the Original Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousez View Post

    What you need:

    headset compatible with XB1 Controller
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-d...ce-xo-four/390

    Turtle Beach Ear Force XO FOUR High-Performance Xbox One Gaming Headset


    Question answered

  23. #20
    Community Boss

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxtun View Post
    Any updates/new information on a better way to do this yet?
    There's plenty of ways - including using Windows 10 with pretty much any headset and more wireless xbox one headsets on the market

  24. #21
    GOLD NOVA I

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    TB x800 elite works like charm just recived pair today 100 % wireless ,sound is amazing so any1 looking for new headset i higly recommend this one in combo with CM.

  25. #22
    SILVER II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Hello people, I have a xbox one control and a ps4, you can perform this method as well? The second control can be used wirelessly with the headset?

  26. #23
    SILVER IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    So you need to connect two controllers with a long usb cable to the xbox one to get the mic working ?

    for real ? its already too bad that the xbox one controller cannot be used wireless anymore when using the cronux max but to just have a mic you now need more cable over the floor ?

    please guys can't you finally fix this mess and make it wireless WITH working headset ?

    Also the tutorial with the two controllers is not very clear about in which controller you must plug the headset and if this all has to be done one or every day you want to play , isn't their a youtube about this please ?

    if i knew that i was gonna be using so much usb cables i'd have just soldered in a modchip lol

  27. #24
    SILVER IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    I just tried the 2 controller method.

    i took out batteries of both controllers, than connected 1 controller with usb cable to the back on the console , than plugged in the head set to the controller and started COD BO 3

    okay mic shows it's working (earlier i already opened udp/tcp port in my router so yet the mic works

    now i plug in the CM, and than controller 2 , but you cannot sign into the same xbox live profile with 2 controllers lol so how can i use the sound from the headset mic on the first controller on the avatar that i move with my controller with the CM ?????

    please please please help me i tried everything for many hours , watched youtube but i cannot figure out how to chat with other players in black ops 3 with my headset , EVEN with your messy 2 controller method

  28. #25
    GamePack Developer



    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    You dont need to be signed in on both controller at the same time, you just need to assign the Mic on the second controller in the settings.

  29. #26
    SILVER ELITE

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tutorial: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    Hello Everyone! I have checked the list. I want to know only the headset mentioned in the list works with Xbox and CM or other models of Turtle Beach and other brands also work?

    P.S. I'm using XIM4 plus CM+ with Xbox One S. CM+ I insert in the USB which is the front side of XBOX, if I plug headset to the back of the USB of Xbox, will this both work CM+ with XIM and headset for audio?

  30. #27
    Community Boss

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    From that manual page:

    We have compiled a list of known solutions that are are fully compliant with the CronusMAX PLUS. There may be others, we will update the list as often as we can.
    any headset that can connect directly to the console it was designed for, either wired or wireless should work fine.
    and then you get a list titled

    XBOX ONE
    Known working headset solutions for the Xbox One Console

  31. #28
    SILVER I

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    This method only works for Xbox one games the game chat does
    not work on the backwards compatible Xbox 360 games like black ops 2 or black ops one
    the game sound works but the chat doesn't

  32. #29
    SILVER I

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousez View Post
    How to get any headset to work on the Xbox 1 with a CronusMAX installed (without having to use Windows 10)

    What you need:

    Two Controllers
    USB wire for controller to XB1 (if not using wired.)
    headset compatible with XB1 Controller
    XB1 controller headset adapter.



    What to do:

    1. Plug controller with the headset adapter installed into the XB 1
    .


    2 . Plug in CronusMax


    3. Turn on XB1

    4. Hold the HOME button and shut down BOTH controllers.

    5. Turn on the CronusMax controller, and authenticate like normal.

    6. Turn on headset controller.

    7. Using HEADSET controller, go to your profile and sign in using the HEADSET controller. (THIS WILL NOT SIGN YOU OUT OF THE CM CONTROLLER)



    IMPORTANT!!!! AFTER ALL OF THE ABOVE YOU MUST UNPLUG AND REPLUG THE HEADSET CONTROLLER, IF NOT YOU WILL HAVE FEEDBACK AND NO ONE WILL
    UNDERSTAND YOU!!!!!





    You will now have audio and chat on your XB1!!!!!!!

    ENJOY THIS!!

    -Mousez

    Note from another user: The method I use still involves 2 controllers but I plug the controller with the cronusmax in first. Then with my headset already plugged into the second controller, I plug the second controller in. So far I have not had any issues doing it this way and I don't have to mess around with all the logging in stuff as it is already tied to the first controller.


    Very Cool

  33. #30
    SILVER I

    User Info Menu

    Re: Set up headset on Xbox 1

    Hi,

    Do you get the game/chat audio + mic if you are using a Scufgaming PS4 controller with Xbox one console? I'm using Scuf Infinity1 controller for Xbox One at the moment, but I'd love to play with Scuf PS4 controller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new topics
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •