Topic: Need Touchpad workaround for Bloodborne

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Need Touchpad workaround for Bloodborne

Bloodborne maps important functions to touchpad left and touchpad right.

Currently they are inaccessible, I've been reading up on it. I want to know if there is any workaround whatsoever, like maybe having a PS4 controller connected via Bluetooth using the same controller slot as the CronusMax? Not sure if this is even possible, but there's got to be SOMETHING I can do.

Otherwise I won't be able to use the CronusMax on Bloodborne at all, which is a huge issue.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Re: Need Touchpad workaround for Bloodborne

The only thing you could is run your CM and DS4 via a Linux PC. Not sure if there are any Linux drivers out there for a DS4, you may need to write some.

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn View Post
    The only thing you could is run your CM and DS4 via a Linux PC. Not sure if there are any Linux drivers out there for a DS4, you may need to write some.
    Jeez, what are you guys planning to do when touchpad controls become more commonplace?

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn View Post
    Can you explain what you meant by this? I've recently acquired an old laptop that I could put Linux on. Has this been done?

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

I forget what it's called but someone wrote a program to connect to a PS4 over bluetooth using Linux. I'm sure Google could find it for you.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Hey Kitty Dawn.

Perhaps if the XBOX one view button and then dpad-up+menu buttons can be touchpad left and touchpad right? I haven't been using touchpad right, but touchpad left is pretty essential for gestures. Then, the xbox menu button can be the usual button to open up your item inventory (analogous to DS4 options button). can these be remapped?

The reason why my hands cramp up with symmetrical controllers is b/c of the L1 and L2 not being next to the left stick. Fortunately in Bloodborne, I two hand my hunter's axe, and only use L1/L2 when I want to aggro just one enemy out of a group using gun. so the DS4 is working okay for now, but not ideal. I'm rather shocked that I'm doing okay without shields and just dodging. I was kind of addicted to shields in prior Souls games.

At any rate, as you know, the only true controllers are the XBOX One and 360, and if you can remap that would be wonderful. As you know, Bloodborne is getting a lot of critical acclaim and is a bestseller, AND sold out in American outlets, so I'm positive that there are going to be a lot of people here interested in such a work-around.

In the meantime, Kitty Dawn, thanks for your wonderful work on the Cronus Max.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B-Black View Post
    Bloodborne maps important functions to touchpad left and touchpad right.

Currently they are inaccessible, I've been reading up on it. I want to know if there is any workaround whatsoever, like maybe having a PS4 controller connected via Bluetooth using the same controller slot as the CronusMax? Not sure if this is even possible, but there's got to be SOMETHING I can do.

Otherwise I won't be able to use the CronusMax on Bloodborne at all, which is a huge issue.
    I found this when browsing--I'm not sure if it works as I have to rush off to work.

Because of the new cronus max plus and partial crossover, we don't have to use the computer at all times (the greatness of the new cronus max shines through), as this post was written BEFORE the new cronus max plus.

https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...touchpad+press