Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fake CronusMAX

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Fake CronusMAX

In addition: Legacy v1/v2 CronusMAX devices that haven't been upgraded to CronusMAX PLUS are no longer supported. The free upgrade service has now been discontinued as of July 23rd 2016.

Do not buy v1/v2 devices which do not have the CronusMAX PLUS firmware programmed to them - they will not work and will not be supported.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Re: Serial Number Invalid?

Hello, my model is old and so is not in the database, I ask that this be included so I can configure it in the current program.
    [MOD EDIT - Serial number removed]

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Follow the instructions and email your serial number and a copy of your receipt to the address provided.

Although where does it say your serial is invalid?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

When installing the cronusmax plus says the serial is invalid. I do not own more proof, being old purchase. I was not using it for a long time and now I want to use it, I can not update the firmeware.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

I'm sorry but it cannot be upgraded if it is one of the devices shown in the original post - it also cannot be upgraded if you do not have proof of purchase due to many fakes on the market that look like the ones in the original post. All fakes have now been removed from our system and cannot be added to the new CronusMAX PLUS system.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I bought in the store, used normally and now that I update the program, is not allowing the update. I do not think just can not update something that I paid to use. Or that if he had an older version of the program for the old users.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

As I said, email your serial number and copy of your receipt to the email address provided by the installer.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I live in Brazil, bought in a store and after three months the warranty is over and threw out the voucher. now I can not update. Following is the photo of the model..Attachment 1532

I have bought the hardware of you, and I do not have the proof. I would have to buy another because of that, there is no way to solve it.
    In Brazil, as shopping voucher using thermal paper, this type of paper goes with the passage of time, do not provide the purchase invoice of products.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Speak to your retailer, they should be able to provide you with a copy of the receipt. There are a lot of clones out there which were not made by us. We have to verify that you own a legitimate device which was originally purchased from us by the retailer. I am sorry but unfortunately if we require proof of purchase.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Friend, I understand you. But in Brazil, it is impossible to get a receipt from the seller, even after 3 months. I ask kindly check the possibility of allowing me to update the software, or in the latter case, I pay a cheaper value for this license, is included.Because of I own the equipment supplied and can not configure.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Is it one of these ?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Yes it's the left.
    What appears on the image of the sale was different, but at hand I realized that is the left.
    I found sites where still sell this style.
    https://pt-br.facebook.com/lojaplayt...92460784110181

Community Boss

User Info Menu

I'm sorry to tell you but that device isn't even ours - it was made by the old, original Cronus company which is now out of business and has been for some time - it has nothing to do with us.

They are no longer compatible or supported. We allowed them to be upgraded until May 18th as a gesture of goodwill to the customers of that company. That ended on May 18th 2015 and no exceptions are being made, sorry.

More information can be found here: https://cronusmax.com/manual/#compatible_devices.htm.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

So there's nothing I can do?I have to play this out and buy another?
    If I had to buy a license? There would be no way to resolve this without having to simply buy new hardware?

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulohsb2 View Post
    I found sites where still sell this style.
    https://pt-br.facebook.com/lojaplayt...92460784110181
    Any old versions sold now are fake. They don't work with our software or server. No gamepacks, no plugins, no cronusmax plus firmware. nothing. That picture is from February 2014 so not sure what you're trying to show me?

This is why we have official retailers: https://cronusmax.com/retailers/

As you can see Brazil is listed there with an official store - Playtronics sells the new version - what you have shown is an old ad image.

Playtronics CronusMAX PLUS Link

SILVER II

User Info Menu

If you enter the site, you'll see it's the same company that is registered with you.
    Within the site you can watch the model is new, however advertising is the former, that is, if you get the old, I can not complain.

Please, if there is the possibility of understanding, that I pay an amount by including the serial, and this is possible, I would accept.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Then all you need to do is ask Playtronics for the receipt and email it to us - if you bought with them - they will give you the receipt even if it was 2 years ago. Without a receipt we are unable to add your serial number.

The receipt must show that it is a CronusMAX and not the original Cronus device as that was not our product.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

wow

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hi there,

I am looking for some help to understand, I have the cronusmax plus, on start up it come up with the E2 error, and trying to connect it to the pc, its not connecting, looking through the forum, it says I need to download a programme, and then re connect.... But i dont have no serial number to put in so how do I go about resolving this matter?

many thanks

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Greetings...

I'm having the same issue. I have been using the CronusMax V1 since 2013 Love it! however today I updated my X1 controller with a new firmware and stopped working. I would love to upgrade the CronusMax to the Plus but I'm getting the Serial Number not found.

I sent an E-mail to the CronusMax support team minutes ago with the serial number along with the invoice showing I bought it from your approved retailer.

My model is the one on the right side: Any help will be appreciated.

Attachment 1760

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xXxDieselxXx View Post
    I sent an E-mail to the CronusMax support team minutes ago with the serial number along with the invoice showing I bought it from your approved retailer.
    You should get a response by email soon.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    You should get a response by email soon.
    You are awesome! I received the E-mail and was also able to upgrade the device.

Big Thanks!

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hello,

I have an old cronus I bought from you guys back in 2013, I think. It looks a little bit different than the ones shown in the OP. It looks like this:
    Attachment 1826

It no longer works with the new Cronus software, however I was able to get it to work with Gtuner on Console Tuner. Does this mean mine's a fake? I'm aware there was some type of split/business change a while ago, but as far as I'm concerned, my device was legit at the time I bought it.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaster2110 View Post
    Hello,

I have an old cronus I bought from you guys back in 2013, I think. It looks a little bit different than the ones shown in the OP. It looks like this:
    Attachment 1826

It no longer works with the new Cronus software, however I was able to get it to work with Gtuner on Console Tuner. Does this mean mine's a fake? I'm aware there was some type of split/business change a while ago, but as far as I'm concerned, my device was legit at the time I bought it.

Yes its a clone - see that sticker on it?

It may work in bare minimum mode Gtuner but it has old firmware - none of the new features and access to just a handful of gamepacks.

we gave much publicized amnesty to upgrade these between January and May 2015 then our new software shut them all out.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

hello, i upgraded my device during the amnesty period, but now it will not allow me to update to 1.20 firmware, why is this?

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brendan935 View Post
    hello, i upgraded my device during the amnesty period, but now it will not allow me to update to 1.20 firmware, why is this?
    The USB Hub feature is designed for the new CronusMAX PLUS v3 hardware (Click Here to check out the different versions). Earlier in the year we allowed legacy models of the CronusMAX to upgrade to the CronusMAX PLUS firmware free of charge, however a small percentage of those CronusMAX v1 and v2 hardware revisions may not be compatible with this particular feature. All other functionality will work perfectly fine including Xbox One Elite controller support, only the USB Hub support will not function. This is a hardware limitation and there is no possible workaround. If your older device is not compatible, the firmware version will update to 1.10 instead of 1.20. You will have access to every feature except for USB Hub/PS4 Crossover Full Time Authentication. If you wish to have USB Hub support you will need to upgrade to the new CronusMAX PLUS (v3) Click Here for a list of authorized retailers.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LEX LOST For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I am also having problems with the Serial Number. Just got it on friday and had that problem when trying do update the firmware.
    I sent an email with my receipt and serial number on Saturday.

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joaogamarra View Post
    I am also having problems with the Serial Number. Just got it on friday and had that problem when trying do update the firmware.
    I sent an email with my receipt and serial number on Saturday.
    If you just bought your Cronus MAX, you got a clone from whoever sold it to you most likely...

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    If you just bought your Cronus MAX, you got a clone from whoever sold it to you most likely...
    I bought it directly from Amazon Spain. Should I return it?

Community Boss

User Info Menu

You didn't buy it directly from Amazon - you bought it from someone selling them on Amazon - anyone can sell on Amazon

if they're not listed on our retailers page then we can't legitimize the serial number

FYI all requests for serial number upgrades have been responded to - there are no outstanding requests on the system from what I can see right now - send the email again with your receipt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast