Topic: CronusMAX Plus not detecting console (PS3 or PS4) (FIXED)

SILVER II

User Info Menu

CronusMAX Plus not detecting console (PS3 or PS4) (FIXED)

Hello, I love the potential capabilities of this product, however I cannot get it to work. I bought this a couple of weeks ago but have just now had time to have a go with it. I followed all of the firmware and software upgrade instructions and everything seemed to be working fine. The software could detect the device through the prog. port and I could add programs and compile them to the device. However, I cannot get it to recognise any of my consoles (I tried on a PS4, slim PS3 and super slim PS3). When you plug the device into a USB port on the console (I tried all of the USB ports), it is supposed to flash and display A, U - meaning it requires authentication. However, when I plug it in, this doesn't happen. It shows the bottom and top "dot" meaning that there is no console or controller detected. When I plug in the controller, one of the dots go away, meaning that it detects the controller but not the console. I have tried with the device settings to automatic, PS3 and PS4. I have tried all USB ports. I have tried with a USB extension cable. I have tried with a program loaded into the device, I have tried with the device wiped. When I plug it into the PC with the prog port and connect a controller, it recognises it fine and I can see the inputs tracked by the device monitor. If I change the settings to Xbox 360, plug the USB end into a PC, it recognises it as a console (dot disappears), and I am able to scroll through the programs I have loaded with the physical button on the device. I am not sure what else I can do. It appears to me that the device cannot recognise PS3 or PS4's and is faulty. Please reply as I am at a loss with what else could be wrong (have been Googling for hours and reading the forums). I saw someone on here had a similar problem but they had it working beforehand and then it suddenly wouldn't recognise the console. It didn't seem like they found a solution and ended up buying another one - https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145288 Thanks for taking the time to read this.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX Plus not detecting console (PS3 or PS4)

Try a firmware refresh, follow this guide - https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146933

Btw, you wont get AU on a PS3 as there is not authentication, you should just get the waiting animation and you will not get AU on the PS4 if you have partial Cross over enabled. The Dot in the top left should disappear on when a controller is connected though on the PS3 and on the 4(if partial cross over is enabled or a DS4 is connected).

The dot should flash on the PS4 though as it constantly asks for authentication.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn View Post
    Try a firmware refresh, follow this guide - https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146933 Btw, you wont get AU on a PS3 as there is not authentication, you should just get the waiting animation and you will not get AU on the PS4 if you have partial Cross over enabled. The Dot in the top left should disappear on when a controller is connected though on the PS3 and on the 4(if partial cross over is enabled or a DS4 is connected). The dot should flash on the PS4 though as it constantly asks for authentication.
    Wow, thank you for the fast response. I will try this when I get home from work tonight.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Alright, I followed the instructions to the tee (including the PLUS upgrade and checking the serial number), everything went fine and it did everything it was supposed to do. I took it straight from the PC and plugged it into the already turned on PS4. Still just getting the wait animation and two dots. I also tried rebooting the PS4, still the same. Then I plugged in my controller - bottom right dot disappears but the top left one is still there (not blinking, constant on). Does this mean it is faulty?

Then I plugged in the prog port into the PC (while still in the PS4 and controller connected), the wait signal turned to a 0 and the top left dot is still there.

I also removed it from the PS4 and removed the controller and PC prog cable, then plugged it into my PS3. It has the wait animation, both dots are on but the screen also flashes blank every second or so. I plugged it into the PC usb port (not prog) and it is flashing A,U with both dots. Any more ideas? Also, when I had it in the PS4, I tried changing the output protocol to PS4, but still nothing. Then I switched it back to automatic for all the other tests.

Anymore ideas? If I don't get it working by tomorrow, I'll have to send it back.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Set the output protocol to Xbox 360 and then plug your DS4 into it. Unplug the USB load in the PC PROG port and then plug it directly into your PC's usb port.

If it shows 0 and windows installs a 360 controller, the device is fine. You can check everything is working by going into control panel and checking your DS4 is outputting to the PC as a 360 controller.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

OK. I plugged the prog port into the device and then into the PC, Cronus Software picked it up, changed device output protocol to Xbox 360. Left it plugged in prog port, plugged in controller, the wait signal turned to a 0 and the top left dot is still there. Then I removed the prog port cable from the device and plugged the device directly into the PC USB port, it is displaying 0 and both dots disappear. I checked the device manager in Windows and it is displaying as a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller. This is what I witnessed before (as per my initial post).

You say that this means that the device is fine. Then how am I not able to get the console detection dot to disappear when plugging it into my PS4 and my two different PS3's? When also trying a USB extension cable? The USB ports on my PS3's and PS4 work fine for detecting my controllers and microphones.

Edit: Nevermind, I just plugged the prog port back into the PC, changed the output to PS4, plugged it into the PS4 and the console detection dot went away! Then I plugged the controller in and the other dot went away and displayed a 0! Looks like all is working now, although I really don't understand it. I did exactly the same things before. Anyway, thank you very much for your help, now to start playing around with it :smile:

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Honestly, it probably wasn't fully inserted, the PS4 USB ports are poorly located in that recess.

On a USB port, you have four pins, the two outer pins (which are the longest) are for power and the two in the middle are for data. So it is possible to connect the power but not the data pins. The pins are like this;

| |
    | | | |

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX Plus not detecting console (PS3 or PS4) (FIXED)

Okay, I'm back. I put a couple of programs on it, plugged it back in and console detection dot was still there. I have tried the reset/upgrade process 5 times now and still no luck. It can't really be the ports on the PS4, I have also tried 2 different PS3s and a USB extension cable. I am also able to push the USB plug all the way in without interference.

EDIT: I have tried the reset/update on a separate computer and again, everything went fine. Then I set the output protocol to Xbox 360 and plugged the USB into the PC and I get USB device not recognised. I have also sometimes seen this error on the first PC. Does this mean there is something wrong with the USB plug on the CronusMAX? Should I send it back now?

EDIT2: Also note that when I plug it into a PS3 (output protocol set as PS3 too), it gets the wait signal for about 1 second, then the entire LED display goes blank for half a second, then back to the wait signal, etc. Both dots are still present when the wait signal is displayed.

EDIT3: If we're out of ideas, I'll have to send it back when I get home from work. Thanks for trying