Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How to record and run your own combos

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

How to record and run your own combos

This tutorial shows you how to record your combos with MAX Combo and then add the code required to run the combos.

To record you combos, you will need your CronusMAX connected to your PC/Laptop via the PC Prog port and a controller connected to the input port of the CronusMAX. You can optionally have it plugged in to your console at the same time and record your inputs while playing a game. This has the advantage of you knowing that the combo works in game.

Step 1

Load Cronus Pro and press Ctrl+N or got to file>New empty script

Step 2

Go to plugins dropdown menu and load MAX Combo

If you do not have MAX Combo installed, you can download it via the Plugin Manager

Step 3

Enter a name for you combo in the plugin and press the Start Capture button. A countdown will start to be ready to enter the combo you with to record via your controller.

Step 4

Press the actions you wish to record on your controller. When you have finished, you can click stop capture or wait for the capture buffer to fill.

Step 5

When the capture buffer is full or you have stopped it, you will be presented with a representation of what you just pressed in GPC code

Step 6

Highlight the code (you can ignore anything above combo Example1 { ), right click on the highlighted area and click copy

Step 6

You can now close the MAX Combo plugin and return to Cronus PRO which should show a blank screen.

Right click anywhere on the screen and click paste. This will paste your recording into the Cronus PRO IDE.

Step 7

We now need a way to activate or run our combo, so we must create a main section before the combo, like so;

Step 8

Our main section is blank so the CronusMAX does not yet know when we want to run this combo. In this exmaple, we make the combo run whenever A/Cross is held. We do that with a get val command.

For more examples on how you can run your combo, search for CronusMAX Tutorial 4 in the GPC library

You have now completed the code to run your recorded combo. You can either program the script to your CronusMAX or test it via the Build and Run command in Cronus PRO.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Re: How to record and run your own combos

10/10 Very helpfull <3

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Thats a tut man !!! Thx

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

I'd like to try my first combo record tonight, does this record the combo while you are playing the game?

Do you use the small port on the side to connect to the computer and the usb to connect the controller to the console?

Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mgetter View Post
    I'd like to try my first combo record tonight, does this record the combo while you are playing the game?

Do you use the small port on the side to connect to the computer and the usb to connect the controller to the console?
    Maybe it is time to read manuals
    https://cronusmax.com/manual/#getting...our_device.htm

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

When I use game record it screws up the combo input timing. Should I be offline when I attempt to record my combos? Is there something I need to do with my controller settings? I just have input short cuts on and release check set to off.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GamerEST1985 View Post
    When I use game record it screws up the combo input timing. Should I be offline when I attempt to record my combos? Is there something I need to do with my controller settings? I just have input short cuts on and release check set to off.
    It would make sense to record the combos in practice mode.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VersacePython View Post
    It would make sense to record the combos in practice mode.
    I do. I cannot complete combos when game recorder is running it lags them out. I can do them just fine with it off so I'm not sure what the problem is.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GamerEST1985 View Post
    I do. I cannot complete combos when game recorder is running it lags them out. I can do them just fine with it off so I'm not sure what the problem is.
    Perhaps it's just the pressure . Lol. I've had my troubles with the combo plugin, however it lagging my inputs hasn't been one. Have you tried connecting your controller directly into the CM rather than using the Bluetooth dongle?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

I play on xbox one. I did manage to get that Kotal Kahn combo recorded but did not record the very last part of the combo which is his last air throw. The Combo will do over 60% damage when you use Kotal Kahns 2 moves that buff his damage output.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

HOW FAST DO I HAVE TO PRESS THE BUTTONS WHEN RECORDING?

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swa2776 View Post
    HOW FAST DO I HAVE TO PRESS THE BUTTONS WHEN RECORDING?
    No need to shout You just press the buttons at the same speed you need them pressed in the combo. The plugin records whatever speed to press buttons at.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Ok if I miskey a button or if it's to slow then what? The combo I have is pretty complicated

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

You edit the code, that's the point of the plugin. It produces code from your button presses.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Thanks I'll give it a try

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Nobody has problem with the soft? I use it to record my ingame combo into script, I noticed:

- When maxcombo is running, it makes lag imput on combo. Ex with Usf4, I can't make solar plexus > cr.HP with ryu when maxcombo is running, but I can make it easily several times without.
    - // , it doesn't input diagonals every time (ex: down forward). I tried Hugo Claps combo, and I can't make the bnb clap's with maxcombo, but I've success 90% of time without.
    - Maxcombo doesn't work at all for complexes moves. Every time I tried a focus dash cancel combo, it works (combo) but when I put it into the script, it'll not work (with the same initial condition of course)

Maybe you guys use another tools to register ingame combo? I want to help the community for usf4/SF5 (easy combo)/or Guilty Gear Xrd

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Yes that tool is awsome but i noticed some input laaags... Im trying to make a quan chi summoner vortex but no chanche... Anyways its a super great tool thanks !

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

I made the combo start with xb360_left and it didn't work

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lights View Post
    I made the combo start with xb360_left and it didn't work
    It would help if you posted the script you are having problems with

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    It would help if you posted the script you are having problems with
    My bad ill post when I get home

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I've tried it many times, but always gives an error. right, always it gives error down and left. entries in the combo max program always turns out wrong. I can not do anything . Can you help with TeamViewer program friends. input ps4 , output ps3 . tm traying wavedash .but only error. please picture help. Please tell by the photos and help friends help. because I do not speak English. I'm using google translate
    Attachment 2606

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by karakule View Post
    I've tried it many times, but always gives an error. right, always it gives error down and left. entries in the combo max program always turns out wrong. I can not do anything . Can you help with TeamViewer program friends. input ps4 , output ps3 . tm traying wavedash .but only error. please picture help. Please tell by the photos and help friends help. because I do not speak English. I'm using google translate
    Attachment 2606
    It only generates the combo for you, then you have to add a way for it to actually execute it...

main {
    combo_run(tekken);
    }

in your case, this would make it constantly run the combo...

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Why not read the OP? It tells you what you need to do.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

yes but i dont know english kittydawn. im using google translate.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

look at the bottom of this page, we have a translation system built in to the forums.

MASTER GUARDIAN I

User Info Menu

could someone help i did my combo everything but iaam really new at this but i have alot of very brutal combos this is my 1st time doing this this is what i have so far its for kung lao tempest varation

iam not sure what iam suppose to do from here plz help and ill post alot of combos

is the correct way to do the combo?

am i doing something wrong here missing anything

main {

// right normalcombo \\
    if (get_val (9) <= -60) {
    Forward=15;Back=16;
    combo_run

am i doing something wrong here missing anything

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Several errors in your script(s),

First: you're not completing the combo, it needs to end with a }...
    Second:

needs to be:

third one you don't have a name for the combo, and you're missing closing the }'s and also don't define or use the variables "Forward" and "Back"

Do yourself a favor, read the GPC guide: https://cronusmax.com/manual/a_simple_tutorial.htm it'll explain basics, from there you should hopefully understand why your script would never work

MASTER GUARDIAN I

User Info Menu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast