Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Non-Working USB Hubs

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Non-Working USB Hubs

This is a list of USB Hubs that are confirmed not working with the CronusMAX PLUS

Before reporting a Non-Working USB Hub make sure you first go through the Troubleshooting Checklist

Confirmed by CronusMAX Staff:
    ORICO DCU3-2P USB 3.0 2-Port Ultra Mini Hub build in USB 3.0 (Also branded as ANKER) (Product Link)
    Transcend Information SuperSpeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub (TS-HUB2K) (Product Link)

Submitted by Users:
    LogiLink Smile UA0139 USB 2.0 Hub 4-Port (Thanks to miguel20dh) (Product Link)
    AmazonBasics HU3770V1 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 12V/3A Power Adapter (Thanks to driferterino) (Product Link)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Re: Non-Working USB Hubs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to miguel20dh For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by miguel20dh View Post
    Did you follow all of the troubleshooting list? https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151244

We've had others report their hub wasn't working only to find the USB cable to their auth controller was faulty or they didn't connect to the right ports or they didn't disable PS4 Partial Crossover option in Cronus Pro. This hub looks to me like it should work fine looking at the specs so want to be sure

Thanks

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

good point so i checked everything.
    the hub works on pc and it works with hub on pc and xb1/ps4 controller in hub but doesn't work with the new CM update

here are the specs
    Code:
    External Hub: USB#VID_1A40&PID_0101#5&565ea77&0&9#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
    Hub Power:               Self Power
    Number of Ports:         4
    Power switching:         Ganged
    Compound device:         No
    Over-current Protection: Global

Community Boss

User Info Menu

OK I will add it to the list - thanks for confirming

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Unfortunately to my extreme disappointment after trying all troubleshooting I could find, The Anker AH430 DOES NOT WORK.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RubberduckzillA View Post
    Unfortunately to my extreme disappointment after trying all troubleshooting I could find, The Anker AH430 DOES NOT WORK.
    What FW version is your device and do you have the details of the hub from usbview please?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

External Hub: USB#VID_2109&PID_2812#6&38a36d0c&0&6#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
    Hub Power: Self Power
    Number of Ports: 4
    Power switching: Individual
    Compound device: No
    Over-current Protection: Individual

Device Descriptor:
    bcdUSB: 0x0210
    bDeviceClass: 0x09
    bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
    bDeviceProtocol: 0x01
    bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40 (64)
    idVendor: 0x2109
    idProduct: 0x2812
    bcdDevice: 0x0BE0
    iManufacturer: 0x01
    0x0409: "VIA Labs, Inc. "
    iProduct: 0x02
    0x0409: "USB2.0 Hub "
    iSerialNumber: 0x00
    bNumConfigurations: 0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
    Current Config Value: 0x01
    Device Bus Speed: High
    Device Address: 0x02
    Open Pipes: 1

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN
    Transfer Type: Interrupt
    wMaxPacketSize: 0x0001 (1)
    bInterval: 0x0C

Configuration Descriptor:
    wTotalLength: 0x0019
    bNumInterfaces: 0x01
    bConfigurationValue: 0x01
    iConfiguration: 0x00
    bmAttributes: 0xE0 (Bus Powered Self Powered Remote Wakeup)
    MaxPower: 0x00 (0 Ma)

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x00
    bAlternateSetting: 0x00
    bNumEndpoints: 0x01
    bInterfaceClass: 0x09 (Hub)
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0x00
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x00
    iInterface: 0x00

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN
    Transfer Type: Interrupt
    wMaxPacketSize: 0x0001 (1)
    bInterval: 0x0C

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn View Post
    Thanks, any chance you could click on the hub then copy and paste the text in the right hand window please?
    I posted the information. Any update? I find it odd that the ah400 works but not the ah430, especially when this cost £13. So much for "Any off the shelf hub"

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

I posted the information. Any update? I find it odd that the ah400 works but not the ah430, especially when this cost £13. So much for "Any off the shelf hub"
    There is nothing we can do to make it work as functionality is down to the usb hardware and the way it deals with connected devices. As we say, most generic USB 2 hubs should work. That's a USB 3 hub which is not something we recommend.

I personally picked this one up from wilko's- http://www.wilko.com/computer-access...t/invt/0349276, it was only a fiver and it works perfectly.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Cheers I will return this one and buy the one you linked. Thanks

Community Boss

User Info Menu

External Hub: USB#VID_2109&PID_2812#6&38a36d0c&0&6#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
    Hub Power: Self Power
    Number of Ports: 4
    Power switching: Individual
    Compound device: No
    Over-current Protection: Individual

Device Descriptor:
    bcdUSB: 0x0210
    bDeviceClass: 0x09
    bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
    bDeviceProtocol: 0x01
    bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40 (64)
    idVendor: 0x2109
    idProduct: 0x2812
    bcdDevice: 0x0BE0
    iManufacturer: 0x01
    0x0409: "VIA Labs, Inc. "
    iProduct: 0x02
    0x0409: "USB2.0 Hub "
    iSerialNumber: 0x00
    bNumConfigurations: 0x01
    Are you sure this is the Anker AH430? The spec you posted is from a USB 2.0 chipset - the Anker is a 3.0 Hub.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

We never said "ANY" off the shelf hub.

For starters this thread is titled "Non-Working USB Hubs"

the cost has nothing to do with it. I have a hub that cost $45 and doesn't work and one that cost $1.88 and works fine (albeit its crap quality).

We provide list of recommended and tested hubs to buy. We can only stand by those. Anything else is pot luck.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    Are you sure this is the Anker AH430? The spec you posted is from a USB 2.0 chipset - the Anker is a 3.0 Hub.
    It definitely is, even has the blue ports to show it is USB 3.0

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

Cheers I will return this one and buy the one you linked. Thanks
    That one works perfectly, although it's ports are not in the same physical order they are electronically. So reading from left to right as you look at the ports, they are 2, 4, 3, 1.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

There is nothing we can do to make it work as functionality is down to the usb hardware and the way it deals with connected devices. As we say, most generic USB 2 hubs should work. That's a USB 3 hub which is not something we recommend.

I personally picked this one up from wilko's- http://www.wilko.com/computer-access...t/invt/0349276, it was only a fiver and it works perfectly.
    How is your one working? I ordered the exact same on you linked with the ps4 controller in port 4 xbox one in port 1 and guess what. IT DOES NOT WORK. Tried all the troubleshooting steps. got to admit I am becoming very suspicious now and thinking this was all a marketing ploy.

Also in regards to the, we never said you can use any hub response
    https://youtu.be/okCKKAvWJLM

VIDEO from your website.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME HUB AS KITTY FOLLOWINGG THE SAME STEPS AND YET IT DOES NOT WORK. What really gives? Yes I have the 10min re-authenticator disabled but any time i plug the cronus max in like your video says, I get AU almost instantly after.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

How is your one working? I ordered the exact same on you linked with the ps4 controller in port 4 xbox one in port 1 and guess what. IT DOES NOT WORK. Tried all the troubleshooting steps. got to admit I am becoming very suspicious now and thinking this was all a marketing ploy.

Also in regards to the, we never said you can use any hub response
    https://youtu.be/okCKKAvWJLM

VIDEO from your website.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME HUB AS KITTY FOLLOWINGG THE SAME STEPS AND YET IT DOES NOT WORK. What really gives? Yes I have the 10min re-authenticator disabled but any time i plug the cronus max in like your video says, I get AU almost instantly after.
    Don't forget the ports aren't in order on that hub, from left to right it's 2, 4, 3, 1. Here's a vid of me using that hub to play some Batman on the PS4

As you can see, the DS4 is in the second physical port and the XB1 controller is on the 4th psychical port.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I read your thing about port order and as I mentioned they are in the right order and I am using your hub. What gives?

Firmware v 1.20, Both full data cables, tried the port 3 thing and the turn it on and then plug hub into cronus before AU. Does not work. Given I have the exact same USB hub this seems EXTREMELY ODD.

LEGENDARY EAGLE MASTER

User Info Menu

I read your thing about port order and as I mentioned they are in the right order and I am using your hub. What gives?

Firmware v 1.20, Both full data cables, tried the port 3 thing and the turn it on and then plug hub into cronus before AU. Does not work. Given I have the exact same USB hub this seems EXTREMELY ODD.
    With that hub, set the output protocol on the CM to Automatic.

Plug the Authentication controller into port 4 (Physical port 2)

Plug the Cross Over Controller into port 1 (Physical port 1)

Disconnect the CronusMAX from everything

Plug the Hub into the CronusMAX

Plug the CronusMAX with the Hub connected into the console.

If you console isn't already on, turn it on!

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Right it looks like that may have worked.. Which means that other Far superior usb 3 hub I had probably just needed the cronus set to automatic too... Almost been 10 minutes. Looking good
    Disconnect the CronusMAX from everything

With that hub, set the output protocol on the CM to Automatic.

Plug the Authentication controller into port 4 (Physical port 2)

Plug the Cross Over Controller into port 1 (Physical port 1)

Plug the Hub into the CronusMAX

Plug the CronusMAX with the Hub connected into the console.

If you console isn't already on, turn it on!

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hi I would like to report this USB HUB does not work despite looking similar to the one sold at cronus max store.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...productDetails

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing this.Very practical

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shin_dan View Post
    Hi I would like to report this USB HUB does not work despite looking similar to the one sold at cronus max store.

The AmazonBasics USB hub that you linked, worked for me. I bought it from the American Amazon site, but that shouldn't make a difference I think. Here's a YouTube video with someone using it - you can clearly see the Amazon hub at 1:28 in the video:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shin_dan View Post

This hub works perfectly fine - in fact before we manufactured our own hubs, it was the only hub we sold officially.

Whatever problem you are having is something else - or even perhaps a faulty hub, which is possible.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 2.0 Ultra-Mini Hub

DOES NOT WORK.
    ****RECOMMENDED ON CRONUSMAX WEBSITE.****
    PLEASE REMOVE FROM MAIN PAGE USB HUBS SINCE IT DOES NOT WORK.
    EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED WITH DEVICE, USE, COMPAITIBLITIY.
    GIVEN MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE. (CRONUSMAX)
    TOO MUCH HASSLE, NOT DESIGNED FOR THE AVERAGE GAMER.
    MUST BE HIGH LEVEL NERD TO USE WITHOUT MAJOR HEADACHES.

FOLLOWED ALL DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY AFTER SET UP CRONUSMAX DISPAYS (A/U with bottom dot) MEANING IT IS NOT RECOGNIZING HUB.

THANKS CRONUSMAX TEAM FOR WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY RECOMMENDING A DEVICE THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THEIR PRODUCT.

REVIEW 1 of 5 stars.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppacs View Post
    AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 2.0 Ultra-Mini Hub

DOES NOT WORK.
    ****RECOMMENDED ON CRONUSMAX WEBSITE.****
    PLEASE REMOVE FROM MAIN PAGE USB HUBS SINCE IT DOES NOT WORK.
    EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED WITH DEVICE, USE, COMPAITIBLITIY.
    GIVEN MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE. (CRONUSMAX)
    TOO MUCH HASSLE, NOT DESIGNED FOR THE AVERAGE GAMER.
    MUST BE HIGH LEVEL NERD TO USE WITHOUT MAJOR HEADACHES.

FOLLOWED ALL DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY AFTER SET UP CRONUSMAX DISPAYS (A/U with bottom dot) MEANING IT IS NOT RECOGNIZING HUB.

THANKS CRONUSMAX TEAM FOR WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY RECOMMENDING A DEVICE THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THEIR PRODUCT.

REVIEW 1 of 5 stars.
    I'm sorry you are having problems, however I've personally sold a couple of thousand of these hubs and actually use it myself regularly. It works 100%.

That doesn't mean to say you don't have a faulty one - or your USB cable is perhaps faulty.

This was the post previous to yours

The AmazonBasics USB hub that you linked, worked for me. I bought it from the American Amazon site, but that shouldn't make a difference I think. Here's a YouTube video with someone using it - you can clearly see the Amazon hub at 1:28 in the video.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Re: Non-Working USB Hubs

I am having issues with the Onn 2.0 USB 4 Port Hub

Brand: Onn
    Model No: ONC14HO201

Walmart Link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-High-...Black/46631808

I have went through all guides and troubleshooting with negative results.

My Setup:

PS4 Pro
    PS4 Controller
    Cronusmax Plus (newest firmware)
    Xbox One Elite Controller

Results:
    PS4 Controller won't even power on when connected to this USB hub, No authentication happens ...

Checked the cable when directly connecting to the Cronusmax and the PS4 Controller DOES power up and authenticate ...

I have tried all ports and verified port numbers, followed the provided troubleshooting steps several times yielding the same results each time!

SILVER I

User Info Menu

UPDATE: Apparently if the Cronusmax is in Tournament Mode it does not work .... WTF?

Ok so I am now getting quite frustrated with this product as I have ordered the USB HUB that was Recommended on this Site Officially and it still does NOT work ! This is the Same USB Hub some others on this thread says doesn't work. I'm not happy at all here and I have went through the steps several times.

Link to the EXACT hub I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...cs+usb+hub+2.0

I would appreciate some support on this product ASAP as I have been patient now for 2 weeks with poor results!

Thanks in advance

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    UPDATE: Apparently if the Cronusmax is in Tournament Mode it does not work .... WTF?

Ok so I am now getting quite frustrated with this product as I have ordered the USB HUB that was Recommended on this Site Officially and it still does NOT work ! This is the Same USB Hub some others on this thread says doesn't work. I'm not happy at all here and I have went through the steps several times.

Link to the EXACT hub I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...cs+usb+hub+2.0

I would appreciate some support on this product ASAP as I have been patient now for 2 weeks with poor results!

Thanks in advance
    Understand that this is a community driven support forum. I would contact the people at CronusMax directly if you are unable to resolve the issue.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

I am having issues with the Onn 2.0 USB 4 Port Hub

Brand: Onn
    Model No: ONC14HO201

Walmart Link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-High-...Black/46631808

I have went through all guides and troubleshooting with negative results.

My Setup:

PS4 Pro
    PS4 Controller
    Cronusmax Plus (newest firmware)
    Xbox One Elite Controller

Results:
    PS4 Controller won't even power on when connected to this USB hub, No authentication happens ...

Checked the cable when directly connecting to the Cronusmax and the PS4 Controller DOES power up and authenticate ...

I have tried all ports and verified port numbers, followed the provided troubleshooting steps several times yielding the same results each time!
    Where are the USB View reports for this Hub?
    You've not mentioned anything about the steps you took to unpair your DS4v2 from the PS4 Pro - or any of the other in menu settings you have to do with a PS4 Pro.

Thanks in advance
    We've given you the detailed instructions. If it's not working for you then just send it back because there's nothing MORE we can tell you how to get it working. There's only one way to get it working correctly and we show you - step by step. So either you did something wrong or one of the components is faulty. It's not complex or worth getting stressed over. In the 2 weeks you've been messing you could have returned it, had it tested, figured out exactley if it was faulty or if you were doing something wrong and it would have been returned to you and resolved by now.

It tells you to do exactly this in the instructions. See the last line in the steps to check list of "Ps4 Disconnecting after a few minutes"

https://cronusmax.com/manual/trouble...D&mw=MzIw#id_2

Also I have no idea what you meant by "UPDATE: Apparently if the Cronusmax is in Tournament Mode it does not work .... WTF?"

I can assure you that if the Cronus didn't work in Tournament mode, I'd know about it from the Call of Duty World League - because practically every team uses Cronus, at every event including the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, in Tournament Edition Mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast