Topic: Playstation TV with Xbox One Elite Controller using PS4/PS3 Controller + Hub

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Playstation TV with Xbox One Elite Controller using PS4/PS3 Controller + Hub

Has anyone had success with getting a Xbox controller to work on a playstation TV?

Here is my setup:

PS4 Controller or PS3 Controller
    4-port Hub
    Xbox One Regular Controller(Wired)
    Xbox One Elite Controller(Wired)
    Xbox Console completely unpowered to prevent Controller from pairing

Baseline:
    To make sure everything is working first on the hub setup. I have got the xbox one regular and elite (wired) to the hub on port 3 working on the PS4 console. So I have the PS4 controller wired to port 4, and the cronusmax plugged into the PS4. This all works great. The Xbox controllers work great on the PS4 using the newer hub authentication method.

What I am testing now is getting this working on a playstation tv. I know this is a smaller niche and haven't been able to find any threads on anyone trying this so I am curious if anyone has been successful.

Here is where I get to:
    Using the same setup and configuration on the CronusMax Plus, I plug this all into the Playstation TV. I verify the PS4 controller is working first. It is. I then plug in the Xbox One Controller wired with no battery into the hub. The Controller powers on and just flashes white on the ring till powering off about 10 seconds later.

I have a feeling the playstation TV does not know how to handle this yet. But wanted to post my results and see if anyone got any further on this setup than myself?

Other things I have tried:
    PS3 controller instead of PS4 controller on the hub.
    Xbox One Elite instead of Xbox One regular controller(shouldn't make a difference)

I am also messing with the wireless Windows 10 Xbox dongle that is used for Windows 10 PCs to use Xbox Controllers. Not sure if anyone has messed around with this? The dongle and xbox controller use an App to configure itself so I am guessing it won't work. But I was going to try to pair the dongle and controller to a windows 10 PC first, configure it, then plug the dongle and plug it into the Hub on the PS4 and/or the playstation TV. I know the wireless frequency is proprietary but I think this more has to do with the windows drivers and software then the proprietary signaling frequency from the controller and dongle.

Thoughts? Findings? Open discussion, just looking for other friendly gamer feedbacks and findings if any.

Thanks!

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Re: Playstation TV with Xbox One Elite Controller using PS4/PS3 Controller + Hub

PSTV works just fine with crossover controllers - support was added months ago

USB Hub not required. Auth controller not required. Simply set the Output Protocol to PS3.

That's it. I'm assuming you read the manual but must have skipped the PSTV section?

You also mentioned the Xbox One wireless adapter - there's no support for this yet and won't be for some time. The only way to use it in any way at the moment is via the MAX Input plugin - this was covered a while ago - https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151076

Hopefully that gets you going

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Playstation TV with Xbox One Elite Controller using PS4/PS3 Controller + Hub

Hey Thanks for the super quick reply man! Yeah I saw the direct connection in the manual. The new hub auth was throwing me off. Perfect. Great product.

Kudos on the wireless dongle setup as well! You guys are all over it.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I am able to conect another controller following the instructions in the guide, but I can not get the controller to mimic a ps4 controller for touchpad support for ps4 remote play. I am sorry if I have missed any threads metioning it. Help would be greatly welcomed. Thanks again for the great device to help me resurrect other controllers for my broken ps4 controller.