Topic: When asking for tech support please follow these guidelines ***IMPORTANT***

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Thumbs up When asking for tech support please follow these guidelines ***IMPORTANT***

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING - UPDATE TO THE LATEST CRONUS PRO SOFTWARE AND CRONUSMAX FIRMWARE

You have problems with your CronusMAX. You're frustrated and can't find the answers you need. Don't panic, we are here to help you.

BUT.....

We need you to help us help you first.

In order to correctly diagnose your issue we really need to know what your setup is. So many times we see posts like this....

My CronusMAX isn't working - what's wrong with it?
    That's the equivalent of saying absolutely nothing at all - imagine taking your car to a garage and saying 'My car is broken - what's wrong with it? They'd just give you a blank stare

So.......Here's what we need from you. When you are making a support post we need.....

1. The version of CronusMAX that you have (See versions here)
    2. The version of CronusMAX firmware that you are running (make sure you are running the latest version by doing an update first) - you can see this in the bottom left info panel of Cronus Pro

3. The make/model of your controller
    4. The model of your console
    5. How you are connecting the Controller to the CronusMAX (wired or wireless)
    6. Are you using a USB Hub? If Yes Which model.
    7. A screenshot of your Cronus Pro Device settings (Tools > Options > Device Tab) (NOTE: You need to have your CM connected for this and the next point, otherwise the screenshot is useless)
    8. If using a PS4 console - a screenshot of the CMax Plus settings (Tools > Options > CMax Plus Tab)
    9. And of course a description of your problem.

Thanks - with this info we will be able to help you much faster. if you don't provide any of this info you may be in for a longer wait to get your problem solved.

EXAMPLE:

1. Cronus version: CronusMAX PLUS V3
    2. Firmware version: 1.21
    3. Controller: Xbox One Controller (Original)
    4. Console: PS4
    5. Wired or WIreless: Wired (Micro USB Cable)
    6. USB Hub?: Yes. The hub from the factory store: http://shop.cronusmax.com/cronusmax-usb-hub.html
    7. Cronus Pro device settings screenshot:

8. CMax Plus settings screenshot:

9. Detailed description of problem: My Xbox One controller will not work with the PS4. The PS4 controller authorizes (AU goes to 0 on the CM LED) but the Xbox One controller does not function on the PS4.

Resources:

Screenshots: www.cronusmax.com/manual
    CronusMAX Video Library: www.cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/faq/

2. The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Re: When asking for tech support please follow these guidelines ***IMPORTANT***

Of course, it helps if you also describe the problem you're having, so say you're simply unable to get the controller to work on your console... then state that, don't just say it's not working tho, say something similar to "When i move the sticks on my controller, nothing happens on the console"

The more details you can provide regarding the issue you're having, the faster we can help you solve it

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

The new Manual is now online and has been completely re-written with over 100+ new pages

It's now spectacularly easy to navigate the step by step instructions for what you need with a specific controller / console scenario

Check out the new Controllers section of the guide: https://cronusmax.com/manual/controllers.htm

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Can you play 2 player with and xarcade dual stick on a ps4 using Cronus max 1.20 And how if you can thanks

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jmsantos81 View Post
    Can you play 2 player with and xarcade dual stick on a ps4 using Cronus max 1.20 And how if you can thanks
    Each CronusMAX can only act as a single controller, not 2 or more. It does explain this in the instructions.