Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Direct CronusMAX Plus API

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Re: Direct CronusMAX Plus API

That would be the inputs 9-12 if i remember things correctly, you have found how to send button presses yes? (This is the same, just using 9/10/11/12 instead, and with a range of -100 to 100)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

is cronus api support on usb 3.0? it seen like not working well on usb3.0

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hapile299 View Post
    is cronus api support on usb 3.0? it seen like not working well on usb3.0
    CronusMAX was designed for use with USB 2.0... then USB 3.0 came along and had piss poor USB 2.0 backwards compatibility support on some chipsets, that's probably what you are facing... it's not a USB 3.0 device, it's USB 2.0 and some chipsets fail with that combination...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

ah thanks for that fast reply

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Looking for some support on this .dll, how would I go about supporting multiple CronusMax's for direct PS4 input?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    If you use 2 CronusMAX devices, probably... CronusPRO and the API both request exclusive access to the device which results in the other not seeing it...
    Multiple Cronus Max support if you could, thank you

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aidanisgreat View Post
    Looking for some support on this .dll, how would I go about supporting multiple CronusMax's for direct PS4 input?
    Multiple Cronus Max support if you could, thank you
    Please allow me atleast 24h to reply before you post again asking for exactly the same thing again, you also have this posted in a different thread (on of your own threads) which i replied to... I do believe i've already answered this question before in this thread tho in response to Embalmer

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Please allow me atleast 24h to reply before you post again asking for exactly the same thing again, you also have this posted in a different thread (on of your own threads) which i replied to... I do believe i've already answered this question before in this thread tho in response to Embalmer
    This literally makes the CronusMax useless to me, I have no use for this device what so ever If I can not support more than one in one machine. Do you have any solution of any kind? Is there anyway we could have quick chat?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

You never answered my question if it's for sale Also I seem to be having trouble sending outputs to my PS4, I am able to get IO status changes but unable to send any output requests. Any particular reason as to why?

Code:
            private SingleDevice singleDevice = new SingleDevice();
            private static readonly BackgroundWorker Bw = new BackgroundWorker();

private void Init()        {
                singleDevice.IOStatusChanged += IoStatusChanged;
                Bw.DoWork += (sender, a) => {
                    while (!a.Cancel)
                    {
                        singleDevice.RequestIoStatus();
                        Thread.Sleep(1);
                    }
                };
                Bw.RunWorkerAsync();
                singleDevice.StartWorkerThreads();
                singleDevice.SaveSettings(new DeviceSettings
                {
                    OutputProtocol = DeviceSettings.Consoles.Ps4
                });
                singleDevice.EnterApiMode();
                singleDevice.SendApiModeData(new CmCommandEx
                {
                    Output00 = 100,
                    RumbleLt = 100,
                });
                singleDevice.ExitApiMode();
            }

private void IoStatusChanged(object sender, IOStatus s)
            {
              //test
            }

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

You never answered my question if it's for sale Also I seem to be having trouble sending outputs to my PS4, I am able to get IO status changes but unable to send any output requests. Any particular reason as to why?

Code:
            private SingleDevice singleDevice = new SingleDevice();
            private static readonly BackgroundWorker Bw = new BackgroundWorker();

while (!a.Cancel)
                    {
                        Thread.Sleep(1);
                    }
                };
                Bw.RunWorkerAsync();
                {
                });
                {
                    Output00 = 100,
                    RumbleLt = 100,
                });
                singleDevice.ExitApiMode();
            }

private void IoStatusChanged(object sender, IOStatus s)
            {
              //test
            }
    Actually, i did answer that question, in your other thread: https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1088804

And the reason for it to fail is because you enter and exit API Mode right before/after sending the packet(s), you enter APIMode before you need to send your output, and exit when you don't need it anymore, which is likely never (you can just not send a packet and it should continue with normal operations)

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Actually, i did answer that question, in your other thread: https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1088804

And the reason for it to fail is because you enter and exit API Mode right before/after sending the packet(s), you enter APIMode before you need to send your output, and exit when you don't need it anymore, which is likely never (you can just not send a packet and it should continue with normal operations)
    Code:
                    while (!a.Cancel)
                    {
                        Thread.Sleep(1);
                    }
                };
                Bw.RunWorkerAsync();
                {
                });
                {
                    Output00 = 100,
                    RumbleLt = 100,
                });
            }
    I tried again with the exact same result, I can detect input but no outputs being sent at all.

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Sorry, i missed that you're using a background worker that requestsIO status, that's not supposed to be used with API Mode, when you send your CmCommandEX buffer, it's also requesting the I/O status... there's also a limitation right now that it won't allow 1ms communication time, you need atleast 10ms, even so when you say to windows to wait for 1ms it only guarantee's that it's 1ms or more (most likely 16)

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Okay, thank you for your help.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Will it be possible to create a program that would give the device more functions (like the ability to change controller 1 to controller 2 using scripts) ?
    Or is this strictly to expand the functionality of the device's computer software?

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Silvera View Post
    Will it be possible to create a program that would give the device more functions (like the ability to change controller 1 to controller 2 using scripts) ?
    Or is this strictly to expand the functionality of the device's computer software?
    This will not add new output functionality, this is for making your own Cronus PRO features pretty much

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I am trying to copy the inputs from the last input buffer I had to the output buffer of the cmCommandEx. It seems to work fine if I use the Output##, but not if I use the Outputs[#] array.

In the example below points 09 and 10 work properly, but nothing else does.

Code:
            private static void SendCommandTimerElapsed(object state)
            {
                for (var n = 0; n < lastInputBuffer.Inputs.Length; n++)
                {
                    cmCommandEx.Outputs[n] = lastInputBuffer.Inputs[n];
                    if (lastInputBuffer.Inputs[n] != 0)
                    {
                        WriteLog($"input not 0 - {n} = {lastInputBuffer.Inputs[n]} - {cmCommandEx.Outputs[n]}");
                    }
                }
                cmCommandEx.Output09 = lastInputBuffer.Input09;
                cmCommandEx.Output10 = lastInputBuffer.Input10;
                Device.SendApiModeData(cmCommandEx);
            }
    Is there a way to transfer the input buffer to the output buffer without using the individual output points?

----never mind, caught my typo. (I had a 0 for the inputs[#] instead of n... sometimes it just takes a code review.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hi, apologies for being slightly OT and stuff, but I write a remapping application called UCR, and currently support the Titan One API as one of the forms of output.
    I don't own a Cronus device, so I am wondering if anyone who does and uses this API is interested in implementing it in UCR?

For reference, here is the implementation for the Titan wrapper - a lot of which is to wrap the unmanaged DLL
    It's pretty simple stuff, especially if you only wanna implement output (Which is all you really need if you want to use controllers plugged into the PC for input)

Please feel free to drop me a line here or catch me in the HidWizards Discord Channel

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hi @
    Swizzy is the method loadGpc for put the gpc file in the Cronusromax Plus if yes please tell me how i can do it if not tell me if you can do Method for this way

Thx

- - - Updated - - -

This will not add new output functionality, this is for making your own Cronus PRO features pretty much

Hi @
    Swizzy is the method loadGpc for put the gpc file in the Cronusromax Plus if yes please tell me how i can do it if not tell me if you can do Method for this way

Thx

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

yes, you can tell it to just press the button
    This sounds like what I'm looking for

I did write another version of the API that is much better (can handle multiple CM's simultaneously and can do almost everything you can do with CronusPRO, pretty much everything except for programming the firmware/slots) however, i am not allowed to share it at this time :/
    This quote seems to sound like it answers my original question "have the CronusMAX refer to a connected PC for the script instead of its internal memory slots?" with a NO.

So is it possible to "tell it to just press a combo of buttons" instead of "just press the button"? Losing the memory slot functionality and possibly losing the LED's and as well, but using the device as a static pass-through to the console?

Maybe in a future update ya'll could add a secure non open source option on the CronusPRO application that enables virtual memory slot locations that refer to a designated folder on a PC to save on the write cycle. Of course people would have to accept the lag that would come with it so it wouldn't work fast enough for everyone's scripts. But I would gladly trade the speed on some extensive trial and error scripts to extend the life of my CronusMAX.

Attachment 5731 Attachment 5732

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hi,

I'm trying to write a simple console application to simply send a button from the PS4 controller to the console. I have tried a number of things and have not had any luck so far.

Could you tell me what I am doing wrong on my latest attempt, and what I have to do to make it work in this example?

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam2748 View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to write a simple console application to simply send a button from the PS4 controller to the console. I have tried a number of things and have not had any luck so far.

Could you tell me what I am doing wrong on my latest attempt, and what I have to do to make it work in this example?

After the line you have to send the button press, you need to have a Thread.Sleep(); so that there is enough time for the command to actually be sent, and registered by the console followed by a release command (empty buffer is sufficient for that)

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hey guys,
    at first BIG thanks goes to Swizzy for awesome work I've been waiting for so long to release.

Is there someone using this API with C++ code? I can't find way to keep my GUI updated (I have labels for input and output). Is there any way, to make infinite loop that checks input from my controller? If I try to use Threads, there is error message: " #error <thread> is not supported when compiling with /clr or /clr pure."

EDIT: System::Timers::Timer^ working well when in Connected mode

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Can someone make a scrip that pushes A really fast for Xbox one

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lvsinz View Post
    Can someone make a scrip that pushes A really fast for Xbox one
    Post your request here:
    GPC-Script-Request[/url]

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ItzSnack For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Awesome. wish I discovered this earlier Thank you cronus team @Swizzy;

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Guys I have a question:
    The cronus pro xaim plugin has an option to activate / deactivate CM controller input.
    Is there a setting on the device itself or does the plugin author implemented it and just pass the inputs to the CM?
    I couldn't find a setting like that in the docs so I'm guessing it is implemented by the author - just to be sure I'm asking.

I can share a wrapper to use this API in Python if anyone is interested

@Swizzy; Your help is always welcome bud

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Anyone please?

Who is using the API intensively and what are you guys working on?

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xamcronus View Post
    Anyone please?

Who is using the API intensively and what are you guys working on?
    Swizzy is going to be your guy. Unfortunately he's not active in the forums these days. I'll see if I can get a message to him and have him pop in to see if he can answer your questions.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    Swizzy is going to be your guy. Unfortunately he's not active in the forums these days. I'll see if I can get a message to him and have him pop in to see if he can answer your questions.
    Thanks for letting me know Will Swizzy be inactive for a long time like Excalibur?

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xamcronus View Post
    Thanks for letting me know Will Swizzy be inactive for a long time like Excalibur?
    All I know is that real life things outside of the forums and Cronus keep him very busy.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast