Topic: CronusMAX PLUS - How to Use Wii Remote on PS4

MASTER GUARDIAN ELITE

User Info Menu

CronusMAX PLUS - How to Use Wii Remote on PS4

This video will explain how to use Wii Remotes on the Playstation 4 console

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX PLUS - How to Use Wii Remote on PS4

I did this and it works but when I plug in the Taiko drum to the bottom of the wiimote... the drum buttons do not respond to ps4... how to fix ??

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Okay... this looks too easy. Does the PS4 automatically recognize the wii bar? Are the buttons already mapped and working on default? Just plug and play basically?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Can u use a mouse with the wii remote?
    I'm looking to use just the analogue bit from the wii in left hand for movement rather than keyboard. Iv seen the venom x4 but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. Thanks.

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee1 View Post
    Okay... this looks too easy. Does the PS4 automatically recognize the wii bar? Are the buttons already mapped and working on default? Just plug and play basically?
    The Wii Sensor bar is only a powered reflector; a reference point for the Wiimote. A simple USB powered sensor bar is all you need, but you can also just turn the Wii on separately and use it only for the sensor bar. You just have to turn the Wii on AFTER the Wiimote is conemted to the Cronus.

Its really easy to remap buttons, but it’s definitely harder to fine tune them, especially the Infrared and accelometor inputs. I just used trial and error to figure it out but once you have a basic understanding of what to tweak, it gets pretty easy.

Also, due to the Wiimote/Nunchuk not having the same amount of physical buttons as the DS4, you have to get creative. You can assign a simultaneous press of 2 Wiimote buttons to trigger one DS4 input, for example.

TL;DR - It’s not this easy for every game and every DS4 input, but it’s possible to have every DS4 input remapped somehow.

edit: it’s been so long I forgot the programming software has presets you can use via visual remapping. That part is super easy and pretty intuitive. Once you use the that to generate a script, you can look through the code and tweak it manually. For basic remapping it’s a super short script. I knew next to nothing about “writing code” but the admins here are super helpful. Just be respectful and posy in the right areas