Topic: Max Rec inaccurate in long recordings

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Max Rec inaccurate in long recordings

Hello!

I have been using Max Rec to successfully automate short tasks, such as recording and looping certain button combos and even do basic material farming in some games.
    Now I wanted to record a longer session, actually a speedrun of a First Person game (over 1 hour recording).

My problem: in long captures Max Rec is inaccurate. The aim is way off, character running in different directions and getting stuck. I tried in simplistic 2D games & Side Scrollers where you can only go one direction and even there the timing of jumps etc. is way off (it gets more inaccurate as time goes on). I always start the capture / playback at the exact same scripted moment. As soon as the loading screen ends I start the playback. I also tried it in scripted games that have no loading screens (because loading times can be sligthly different every time).

Another thing I noticed is that during recording the seconds/buffer go up much quicker than real time. 1 sec real time recording increases the buffer by 2-3 seconds. So after 1 minute capture it shows I have recorded like 180 seconds - what's up with that?

Is Max Rec suited for long captures? I'd like to capture speedruns of scripted games.
    I'm recording on PS4 using the standard PS4 controller. I tried recording via USB cable (cable going from PS4 controller to CronusMax) and via Bluetooth (using the recommended Asus USB-BT400). For the first few seconds the playback is okay and after just 1-2 minutes it's pretty messed up.

Below is my setup and info for support

1. The version of CronusMAX: CronusMAX PLUS (v3)
    2. The version of CronusMAX firmware / Software Version: Firmware = 1.23 / Software = 1.12
    3. The make/model of controller: Original PS4 Controller
    4. The model of your console: PS4 Pro
    5. How you are connecting the Controller to the CronusMAX (wired or wireless): Tried both (USB cable + BT400 bluetooth dongle)
    6. Are you using a USB Hub?: No, I plug the CronusMax straight into the PS4.
    7. A screenshot of your Cronus Pro Device settings (Tools > Options > Device Tab):
    Attachment 3621
    8. If using a PS4 console - a screenshot of the CMax Plus settings (Tools > Options > CMax Plus Tab)
    Attachment 3622

Thanks, I hope someone has more info on this. Much appreciated

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Re: Max Rec inaccurate in long recordings

In the next update (after 1.20 has gone final) i will rebuild the way MAXRec works as i know it's pretty crappy as-is, the recordings have timestamps which goes +/-10 but should all be 10ms consistently, not sure why... but... if i change it to use the normal operating mode while recording and only enter API Mode when it's in the playback phase it should work much better...

(When i do this i will also modify the fileformat tho, so old files won't be supported...)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick reply Swizzy!

I'll wait for your update then
    Thanks for your hard work. Max Rec is by far my favourite feature and has helped me so many times already!

Do you have an ETA when the new updated version will be available?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Any progress/update for this awesome plugin, i suck at coding gpc, and this plugin help a lot to do repetitive job like grinding and farming

SILVER III

User Info Menu

yea any ETA on this? Max REC is quite disappointing in its current state. wish more effort would go towards its accuracy. even MAX COMBO isn't 100% accurate :/

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PS4Trophies View Post
    yea any ETA on this? Max REC is quite disappointing in its current state. wish more effort would go towards its accuracy. even MAX COMBO isn't 100% accurate :/
    Due to the large amount of work i have to do lately, this may take some time before it's released, it's on my todo list tho... it's not forgotten

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thanks for your work Swizzy! So much potential there, I'm eagerly waiting for this revamped version of Max Rec to come out

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benj38 View Post
    Thanks for your work Swizzy! So much potential there, I'm eagerly waiting for this revamped version of Max Rec to come out
    I've inlisted help from one of our forum members which offered to help out a bit, so hopefully it'll be done sooner rather then later however, it'll initially be a standalone application until i've had time to integrate the updated plugin in CronusPRO

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Nice! Plugin or not as long as it gets better I'm in Keep up the awesome work guys!

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I can't wait for the update! I was trying to get a loop to work and my character was all over the place. Here's a preemptive thanks.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Any word on the updated version?
    I really need pinpoint accuracy. Let me know, please and thank you.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Any solutions to this?

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Sadly, no, i haven't had time for this and i don't know the current status of the other guy that i enlisted to help out with this.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Another month and 1 year of time has passed...

:'(

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peppins View Post
    Another month and 1 year of time has passed...

:'(
    It's not been a year yet since the original report, but it's on a todo list, right now i don't have alot of time to do this, it's not a 5 minute job, it takes quite a bit more time than that, and i asked another member of our community for help, he got started but things changed for him forcing him to put this aside for the time beeing... it will be improved, just not any time soon...

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Any news?

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peppins View Post
    Any news?
    I would recommend using MaxCombo as it runs off the device so this won't happen.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I hope still this one day will be updated maybe on the new zen the team itself can sit on it?? so it actually makes a workable code file (so if you need to adjust timing its easier as the combos are allready inputed)