Topic: Red Hood - 2 midscreen Combos + Projectile Spam

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Red Hood - 2 Midscreen Combos, 1 Corner Combo + Projectile Spam

This Red Hood script contains 2 midscreen combos, 1 corner combo, projectile spam and jumping akimbo attack.

• To use the first combo, hold RS to the right (USES TWO BARS)
    • To use the second combo, hold RS up (USES THREE BARS)
    • To use the corner combo, hold RS down (USES ONE BAR)
    • For projectile spam, hold LS to the right
    • For the jumping akimbo attack, hold LS up (wait until Red Hood lands on the ground before doing it again otherwise he will throw a projectile in the air)

Like I've said before, I'm a noob to this stuff, so I hope someone will make a better script with more combos.

demonstration:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jericho246 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Re: Red Hood - 2 midscreen Combos + Projectile Spam

Thats dope however, these 2 combos take too much meter.
    -- 1 combo requires 2 meters and the other combo requires 3. Thats a lot of meter to sit around and wait to build up for in a match in order to begin fighting back with these particular combos.
    It's cool though. At least you brought something to the table.

Do we get extra cool points for posting and sharing our scripts with the community? Anybody know?

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine Dust75 View Post
    Thats dope however, these 2 combos take too much meter.
    -- 1 combo requires 2 meters and the other combo requires 3. Thats a lot of meter to sit around and wait to build up for in a match in order to begin fighting back with these particular combos.
    It's cool though. At least you brought something to the table.

Do we get extra cool points for posting and sharing our scripts with the community? Anybody know?
    That's true, but if you have that epic Red Hood head gear that gives you three meters as first hit bonus (think it's called Absolution of Saru or something like that), it's not really a problem. But you're right. I tried to put another combo that only requires 1 meter bar but I couldn't get the timing right so I gave up.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Great script. Learned a few combos last night, so this is a addition to the arsenal.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JQuest313 View Post
    Great script. Learned a few combos last night, so this is a addition to the arsenal.
    thanks. I added one corner combo to the script (RS Down)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jericho246 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jericho246 View Post
    That's true, but if you have that epic Red Hood head gear that gives you three meters as first hit bonus (think it's called Absolution of Saru or something like that), it's not really a problem. But you're right. I tried to put another combo that only requires 1 meter bar but I couldn't get the timing right so I gave up.
    Gear does not matter in Ranked so that headpiece is only useful for multiverses. I'd appreciate combos that use 1 bar and are repeatable, so that you spend one bar and if you have another one in the end it repeats the combo. That is the best way imo. Regarding the mine you wanted to implement, rather take a look at the 2 abilities that you unlock from level 10 to 20, they are quite nice.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denitorious View Post
    Gear does not matter in Ranked so that headpiece is only useful for multiverses. I'd appreciate combos that use 1 bar and are repeatable, so that you spend one bar and if you have another one in the end it repeats the combo. That is the best way imo. Regarding the mine you wanted to implement, rather take a look at the 2 abilities that you unlock from level 10 to 20, they are quite nice.
    Haven't reached level 20 with Red Hood yet. Can you do combos with those new abilities?
    I made another script, replacing the 3 bar combo with 1 bar combo. It obviously does less damage, but if that's what you want it's cool.

it looks like this

and here's the script.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

I would up load my Red Hood combos script I've made However, It may not be what people like it to be with huge combos.
    Plus, my XB1 power brick died on me So, I can't test and tweak what is needed to seal the deal before I'll upload it.
    I may upload the script tomorrow when my Power brick is expected to be delivered at my doorstep

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

I let the AI level him to twenty, with and without the new abilities.

One ability is a slash type with multiple hits, the other is a juggle that looks ****************ing crazy. It looks like you are doing a roll but all of a sudden hidden grenades explode under your opponent.. so if he does a wakeup, it can still hit him after. Quite nice.

No hurry, just get him to twenty and see for yourself. you can always put all AI points into "Combos" and see what kind of stuff is possible.

Regarding meter burn.. I have about 300 ranked matches now and I must say that not often you get more than 2 bars at once because you will be busy spending yours to keep in the fight. I always have about 2 and spend thoes, get them again, etc.. otherwise you can only get 2+ bars if your opponent combos you hard, which I try to circumvent. Playing supergirl btw. With the one script that someone released here..very good one as well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Denitorious For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denitorious View Post
    you can always put all AI points into "Combos" and see what kind of stuff is possible.
    Holy crap, I just did that and I gave the AI the hidden grenade ability. It did a crazy combo and I recreated it myself in a script. It's a 11-hit combo and requires just 1 bar. Pretty cool. Thanks for the advice mate.

Guys let me know if you want more combos for Red Hood. There's just one problem, I can only put 3-4 combos in one script. There's a memory limit. So the only thing I can do is replace the ones you don't want.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Yeah definitely! You could even do a v2 script if you wanted to lol.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Lol I'm such a dumbass, I added the new combo thinking it would work online. I competely forgot abilities are disabled in online matches. Damn it. Well you can still use it in multiverse and non-ranked matches I guess.

I removed jumping akimbo attack cause it wasn't necessary, and added another midscreen combo.
    So to sum it up:
    • RS to the left: New mid-screen combo 1. Requires 1 bar AND HIDDEN GRENADE ABILITY, otherwise it won't work as intended. It looks like this http://i.imgur.com/8cKbbBJ.gif
    • RS up: second mid-screen combo. Requires 1 bar
    • RS to the right: third mid-screen combo. Requires 2 bars
    • RS down: corner combo. Requires 1 bar
    • LS to the right: Projectile spam

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Problem here is you always need to press forward before you can use any of the moves. So if you are blocking you CANNOT use this moves (since you are pressing back).

So than you need to top blocking pres forward (and 90% of the time you get hit) before you can use any of the moves again. SO you cant use this while in defense and thats not good. Since you are always moving back and fort blocking dashing and blocking so you never have a chance to use this moves as you wish.

Its important to be able to use this moves while in defense you know other than that it no use. No one especially online will give you the time to keep pressing forward while blocking they will hit you.

So hope its possible to make sure this works also while you are blocking without the need to press forward every time.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by madmax4 View Post
    Problem here is you always need to press forward before you can use any of the moves. So if you are blocking you CANNOT use this moves (since you are pressing back).

So than you need to top blocking pres forward (and 90% of the time you get hit) before you can use any of the moves again. SO you cant use this while in defense and thats not good. Since you are always moving back and fort blocking dashing and blocking so you never have a chance to use this moves as you wish.

Its important to be able to use this moves while in defense you know other than that it no use. No one especially online will give you the time to keep pressing forward while blocking they will hit you.

So hope its possible to make sure this works also while you are blocking without the need to press forward every time.
    Yeah I get what you're saying mate. It frustrates me as well especially online. I guess I could modify it so that you press Back then do the combo. Not sure how this would work in practice though. If your opponent is far away from you, you have to get close to him, press back then activate the combo. Maybe it'd be better. I don't know, I haven't tested it yet.

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Guys I'm using Red Hood here I some pretty optimal combos.

Midscreen: F23~bf1bmb-b3-ji3-f23-433"2"(u2 or d2)
    Corner : B23-22-32~db2mb-32~df3
    477dmg 1 bar

Try and make a script outa this.

Also guy for midscreen combo on RS Try making the following
    RS Up An Overhead starter combo
    RS Down a low starter combo
    RS Left and right advancing starters or midscreen or meterless and use Ls for the corner it makes it even better!

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by madmax4 View Post

So I did what I said I could do and tested it online and holy crap, I've been winning WAY more often than I was before. I tested it with Darkseid because he's my current main, but it'll be the same thing with Red Hood.

here's the modified script (also, I removed projectile spam because it wasn't working correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Guys I'm using Red Hood here I some pretty optimal combos.

Midscreen: F23~bf1bmb-b3-ji3-f23-433"2"(u2 or d2)
    Corner : B23-22-32~db2mb-32~df3
    477dmg 1 bar

Try and make a script outa this.

Also guy for midscreen combo on RS Try making the following
    RS Up An Overhead starter combo
    RS Down a low starter combo
    RS Left and right advancing starters or midscreen or meterless and use Ls for the corner it makes it even better!
    Good stuff. Could you post a video of those combos mate? I have to know what they look like, it makes it easier for me.

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

user rafaeljabur sent me a message saying the script doesn't seem to work for him
    just tested this one and it works for me. remember you have to equip the hidden explosive ability for the Right Stick to the left combo. Abilities don't work in ranked matches though. Red Hood has some crappy combos that don't do much damage so I don't really use him, I prefer Darkseid
    also turn off release check in options if you haven't already

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jericho246 For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

DUUUUDE you rock, and maaaade my day!!! you are the ONLY one on this forum to deal with the pressing forward after block problem. I understand it cant understand which side the enemy is on HOWEVER all people had to do would make 4 combos on the left stick when your on the left side of the enemy and 4 of the same combos(flipped directions obviously) on the right stick when on the right side of the enemy. I cant do it cause im not tech savy. Anyways, food for thought and thank you very much!